REVO VS MTM

betaone68

Reaction score
I disassembled module MTM Cantronic and installed map REVO Stage 1. I am pleased with the Stage 1 REVO. Note :eek:n my RS3 is installed the intercooler Forge.
REVO VS STOCK
STOCK VS REVO page 001

REVO VS MTM
MTM VS REVO page 001

Reactions: EdmundVR4
But don't MTM offer a warranty? I'd say they are playing it down a tad because of this, but like mountune on fords they don't produce the best numbers but you'll still have warranty

Yes, MTM provides an insurance cover of motor and transmission breaks.
Installing map REVO I lost Audi warranty.:cry:
I wanted to post this topic for information purposes only. Neglecting the absolute values of the performance I just wanted to make known the difference found between stock, MTM tuning, tuning REVO on the same car and the same dyno.
This information could help other members of the forum to make their own assessments taking into account the actual performance, the cost of tuning and even coverage and no coverage of any breakage.
At the moment I can not comment on the reliability tuning REVO. With MTM i have done 15,000 kilometers without any problems.

Reactions: xpoweruk and EdmundVR4
I've been running Revo for about 9 months now. Not a single hiccup. I ran Revo on my S3 for 2 years (Stage 2) and not a single hiccup or issue.

I'm not surprised Revo puts out more than MTM. One is a proper flash, the other is a piggyback box. I ran a DTUK on my S3 before switching to Revo. Night and day difference. I'll never use a tuning box again, unless there are no other options.

MTM warranty...if it's anything like the ABT warranty, you'll need to prove without a doubt that it was the ABT box that caused the problem. The onus will be on you to prove it as well. I know two people first hand who went through hell with their ABT warranty claims. In the end they gave up, as it would have required legal representation, and the costs outweighed fixing the car themselves. So be weary of any promised warranty from these companies.

Reactions: jimojameso
I've been running Revo for about 9 months now. Not a single hiccup. I ran Revo on my S3 for 2 years (Stage 2) and not a single hiccup or issue.

I'm not surprised Revo puts out more than MTM. One is a proper flash, the other is a piggyback box. I ran a DTUK on my S3 before switching to Revo. Night and day difference. I'll never use a tuning box again, unless there are no other options.

MTM warranty...if it's anything like the ABT warranty, you'll need to prove without a doubt that it was the ABT box that caused the problem. The onus will be on you to prove it as well. I know two people first hand who went through hell with their ABT warranty claims. In the end they gave up, as it would have required legal representation, and the costs outweighed fixing the car themselves. So be weary of any promised warranty from these companies.

Is Revo tuned in dyno with possibility to change parameters and not just an uploaded file or how do they apply it? For instance Apr is just a tuned file flashed to the ecu if I understand it correctly? So, what does they do to install Revo tuning?

We don`t have any dealers in Sweden for Revo so it seems that they haven`t any market up here, strange.

You need to go from dealer REVO. The dealer is connected with vag and loads specific map downloaded from REVO site. To do everything, including test ride with a PC connected to verify correct values and error deletion of registered unit, it takes about 1.5 hours.
When you want REVO dealer can reload the original map. No certainty to go unnoticed if the workshop Audi makes engine diagnosis

Dealer can definitely tell if a car has been remapped, even when flashing back to stock. Shame, otherwise I'd be remapping.

As betaone68 said. Except that mine took 10 minutes, not 1.5 hours. The first time you drive the car after the ECU flash, you'll have pretty much every warning light on your dash light up haha. They'll reset themselves though after a couple mins of driving.

So, its also just an uploaded map/flashed file and depending how good or bad it suites the car they change to another map or leave it and so on? Not exactly tailor made then but little better than the loads of maps they have saved.