Revo Stage2+ and HPFP - Any Advice Please

L33TAY

Reaction score
Hi All

I have the Miltek Turbo Back for the car, it is also booked in for an ITG on the 1st September at Awesome GTI, however, I need to get it to a REVO dealer for Stage2+ and ideally the same dealer does the HPFP, so has anyone any recommendations for a good dealer near Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester, as need to get this booked in ASAP really???

Also where is the best place to get a HPFP, and how much should I be paying??

Any help greatly appreciated:icon_thumright:

Cheers
Lee

Don't know any REVO dealers but Stattler in Sheffield does GIAC and he does Autotech HPFPs AND hes a top guy.

Also I'd advise to put some dough aside for a new clutch in a few months too!

Yeah, I've heard they are good, however, want to go down the Revo route really! And yes, have heard the clutches take a bashing, quite an expensive affair on a DSG i'd have thought too! Better get saving!

ohh overlooked the fact you have DSG well if thats the case then yours can handle 400lb ft and standing starts no problem apparently .

how much ...lb ft can a manual clutch handle?

well evidence from most forums seems to suggest around 330-350 will almost certainly start to cause very accelerated wear eventually leading to slip , much over that your clutch will slip within a few thousands miles. All dependant on driving style and mileage though also obviously.

Mines only about 280-290 torque maybe but at 60 k miles and only recently hard driving its starting to slip.

I'm going for a custom organic clutch as you can see.

With standard power in the s3 the clutch is known to slip.

Once remapped it is just a ticking clock until the clutch starts to slip.

LUK flywheel from buypartsby.com or co.uk is around £250 delivered (compared to audis £500 and euro's £310)

SACHS clutch is £500

I've got a brand new APR HPFP for sale if your interested...

Anyone should be able to fit the pump.

Hi All
I need to get it to a REVO dealer for Stage2+ and ideally the same dealer does the HPFP, so has anyone any recommendations for a good dealer near Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester, as need to get this booked in ASAP really???/QUOTE]

Lee - not tried them myeslf, but why not go and speak to Votex in Congleton to see what they're like?

They're rated by people on here & are REVO dealers who'd be able to fit the HPFP etc

I've got a brand new APR HPFP for sale if your interested...

Anyone should be able to fit the pump.

Hi Kuro

Send me a PM with some details/price etc, may well be interested yes!

Cheers
Lee

Hi All
I need to get it to a REVO dealer for Stage2+ and ideally the same dealer does the HPFP, so has anyone any recommendations for a good dealer near Macclesfield/Stockport/Manchester, as need to get this booked in ASAP really???/QUOTE]

Lee - not tried them myeslf, but why not go and speak to Votex in Congleton to see what they're like?

They're rated by people on here & are REVO dealers who'd be able to fit the HPFP etc

BigBird, Have spoke to them already, will probably go there as its only down the road!
Cheers

Lee, thought you had booked in with Ben at AVP, whats changed ?

My clutch never died on my last 2 x S3 both running either GIAC extreme or stage 2 +, admittedly only for around 10,000 each. Really missing my S3 - this sensible **** is so dull, sorry Guys but the 2.0 tdi is pretty poor in comparison to the equivalent offering from BMW, really underwhelemed and thats after Revo ! Perhaps I'm just a petrol head destined to spend a fortune on fuel :)

Hi Martin, hope you're well?

I have just agreed now with Ben at AVP, there was some confusion over pricing but we have sorted it now. So, it is going to him on the 2nd September for the day to have:

The Miltek Turbo Back fitted
REVO Stage 2+
HPFP
Evoms CAI
Forge Re-circ valve

So should go well after that lot!!

And awesome are doing the springs and spacers on the 1st.

So I will be hanging around Burton all day on the 2nd, you'll have to recommend some places of interest for me to keep myself entertained!

Cheers Lee

There is a multi screen cinema and a decent chinese buffet so the time will pass easily enough, my longest wait to date was a few years ago at AMD when based near Biscester, I had a full suspension set up fitted to my GTi and a Milltek DP, sat there for 5.5 hours, good drive home though :)

Hi Martin, hope you're well?

I have just agreed now with Ben at AVP, there was some confusion over pricing but we have sorted it now. So, it is going to him on the 2nd September for the day to have:

The Miltek Turbo Back fitted
REVO Stage 2+
HPFP
Evoms CAI
Forge Re-circ valve

So should go well after that lot!!

And awesome are doing the springs and spacers on the 1st.

So I will be hanging around Burton all day on the 2nd, you'll have to recommend some places of interest for me to keep myself entertained!

Cheers Lee

Highly recommend having uprated ARB's fitted at the same time as the springs, it will save labour costs and is a very worth while mod, no loss of ride quality just a massive reduction in understeer, don't forget the 4 wheel alignment after the suspension work, my S3 had all its hardware fitted when it was 3 days old and the alignment was out on mine, worth £50 all day long.

Hi

Yeah, they are doing the alignment as part of the works, they said to me its required.

Good idea on the ARB's, just a bit of a dear doo isn't it, and are they worth it do you think?

Highly recommend having uprated ARB's fitted at the same time as the springs, it will save labour costs and is a very worth while mod, no loss of ride quality just a massive reduction in understeer, don't forget the 4 wheel alignment after the suspension work, my S3 had all its hardware fitted when it was 3 days old and the alignment was out on mine, worth £50 all day long.

You still got your ARB's Martin, maybe we could do a deal, nudge nudge wink wink!!! PM me if you have.:thumbsup:

Who did your alignment Martin, still need to get mine done