Revo Stage 3 Map and only just scraped the Emissions test ....

Graham Smith

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All,

2007 A3 8P 2.0 TFSI S-Line that I've owned since new. The car has always been lovingly cared for and has full Audi service history.

I had a Revo stage 1 map about a month after purchase but last Autumn decided to go to Stage 3 (WOW!).

However, last week it only just scraped the MOT on the emmissions test and if it was not for the fact that I know the tester well (Not Audi) and he "Reved the balls" off the car to get the emmissions to pass (I am sure other testers may not have tried so hard / long to get it through) I am sure it would have failed.

Along with the new HPFP and injectors (S3) I have a Cobra Turbo-Back exhaust with Sports Cat and Revo CAI. The emmissions (CO) came back at 1.200 out of a max of 1.200!!!

I know high CO can be due to unburnt fuel and/or an air leak in the exhaust. Ruling out the latter, does anyone have any ideas where I should start to look to reduce the CO over the next year (before the next test) or is this something that can be written out in the mapping software?

Cheers,

Last edited:
Was the car/sports cat nice and hot, before the test?

When mine was tested, it failed on emissions. The test centre was just down the road, so the car had only just got to temperature when I arrived.

I had to go for a quick drive to get it properly up to temp, then they tested it again. Went through no problem 2nd time.

Chris

Thanks for this Chris, it's an idea, but I did drive for about 20 minutes or so to the test station but then left the car there. picked it up about 90 minutes later, so at least "well warm" if not red hot....

Another possibility is the fuelling settings in the mapping....it may very well be running quite high fuelling levels to keep exhaust gas temps down,and that would be the next place I'd look.

High CO is normally over-fueling or a Cat struggling to do its job i.e. sports Cat. High Lambda is often an exhaust leak as the exhaust pulses suck in extra air (via holes) from the outside.

Another possibility is the fuelling settings in the mapping....it may very well be running quite high fuelling levels to keep exhaust gas temps down,and that would be the next place I'd look.

Thanks Buddy, I'm going back to Revo for some more work and will get them to maybe adjust the Map (they can test the CO, so should be a good place to start).

High CO is normally over-fueling or a Cat struggling to do its job i.e. sports Cat. High Lambda is often an exhaust leak as the exhaust pulses suck in extra air (via holes) from the outside.

It's a brand new 3" Turbo back (yes, with Sports cat), but I've not heard of anyone with similar issues - worth a look though, thanks.

Reactions: S3Alex