Revo Stage 2 - S3 -

jm-baker

Reaction score
Has anyone on here had there revo upgraded to the stage 2 on there s3?

Or anyone have any experiance with a stage 2 map from revo.

It is something i am considering.

James

are you trackdaying? cannot see why you would need more power than we have other than doing trackdays and the site says it'll give you ten to fifteen percent more power but I would question that and I am very biased to revo

Hoping to do the odd track day, but thats not the real reason for considering it.

I have seen quite a few of the LCR boys have the stage 2, with the 4bar FPR etc. And read somewhere that the stage 2 holds the power further through the revs.

And at only £50 + vat and a 4bar FPR it caught my interest. Also i have the other mods they recommend, and wondered if this map helps to make the most of them.

Cheers

James

S3Izzo had a stage 2 remap on his S3, I think he's sold it now and bought a new S3. He'll be around on the 8P forums if you need to ask him about it.

Also i have the other mods they recommend, and wondered if this map helps to make the most of them.

Cheers

James
James your signature needs changing as it says your planning a zorst

Well spotted, only fitted the Milltek today!!

Not on s3 but i have st2 ,less of the manic power surge of st1 ,power feeds in smoother and much stronger higher up the rev range,mine went from225bhp st1 no fmic to 245ish st2 with fmic and aggressive settings on sps3 both runs on vpower and millers cvl.Slightly less on vpower and less aggressive sps settings.Cheers Andy

Thanks for your input Andy, Confirms my initial thoughts of the power beeing smoother, and holding longer.

Cheers

James

My car came with Stage 2 already loaded on it (but I have the receipts etc confirming the work was done) - i'd never driven the car with stage 1 so don't really have any input.

The car drives well although I haven't driven it for 4 months now as it's just in a warehouse gathering dust :(

what comes with the stage 2 after the stage 1 and how much does it usually cost?

The cost of the software upgrade is minimal - the expense comes from the hardware upgrades that are needed to go with it.

Although you could just get away with a 4 bar FPR most companies I spoke to recommended a full exhaust system, intake, sports cat and FMIC to get the most out it - personally if you were going to spend that much on hardware i'd get a custom remap done, not a generic one.

hummm, i c gets expensiv then by the sounds of it. how did your old s3 feel compared with the one you got now? how much would a custom remap cost and what would be the difference compared with the revo?

hummm, i c gets expensiv then by the sounds of it. how did your old s3 feel compared with the one you got now? how much would a custom remap cost and what would be the difference compared with the revo?

http://www.custom-code.co.uk

They offer a Custom remap for £480 + VAT - this will allow you to taylor the map to your requirements (Limiting the RPM etc), this should be done on a rolling road to get the most out of the modifications you have.

My 8L S3 feels slower than my 8P but then i'd expect that to be the case, won't be a huge amount in it though in real terms, i'd say my old one handles much better due to the suspension.

sorry to keep asking laods of questions but would this be a custom remap ontop of the original revo remap i have? what would the benifits be?