Revo Stage 2+ guys please read!

s3_trev

Northern Ireland
Reaction score
Ok guys so straight to the point, are you all running the standard cam follower? Have a slight smell of petrol in my cabin and I think the cam follower may be the issue. Thing is there was a brand new OEM follower put on along with the LOBA HPFP so its a bit worrying if it has worn already....

Which led me to research if there was an upgraded version. Which brought me to a post on this forum here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/kmd-uprated-cam-follower-stage-2-users-please-read.94514/

Which then took me to the below link:

http://pgperformance.com/kmd-tuning-2.0t-fsi-cam-follower-with-armoloy.html

Anyone any experience with the KMD Tuning Cam Follower? It seems weird to me that an uprated follower isnt part of the essential criteria for Stage 2+ Revo, if the OEM ones are so weak!!

good info. I don't have experience with the KMD cam follower but I'm going to be ordering a HPFP soon and this will come in handy

Always used the stock cam followers here,but changed at suitable intervals.

Trouble is when you get two metals that are the same hardness both metals wear at the same rate.

The whole point of the standard cam follower being softer than the camshaft is so that you don't wear out the cam.

I'd rather replace the cam follower more often than have to remove near enough most of the top end components to replace the camshaft if/when wear happens on the cam.

Reactions: downtothebone, Sayam and S3Alex
Trouble is when you get two metals that are the same hardness both metals wear at the same rate.

The whole point of the standard cam follower being softer than the camshaft is so that you don't wear out the cam.

I'd rather replace the cam follower more often than have to remove near enough most of the top end components to replace the camshaft if/when wear happens on the cam.

Good point.

When mine was in bits recently(having a new valvetrain installed),the whole top end was in bits,and the cams were found to be pretty much good as new.....no marks,no scoring and no visible wear,at 60 000 miles.

Didn't think about that.....

Yeah I had that thought as well guys but apparently the uprated cam follower is still softer than the cam shaft. Its also now coated with the same coating as the OEM follower is (earlier versions were not).

But then it is about 3 times the price of an OEM follower so whether its worth it is another question.