Andy Hitchkins

Reaction score
Alright Guys,

i've got a 2010 Audi S3 8P running..

Miltek Turbo Back 100cell
Forge Twintake
Forge Dumpvalve
Revo Stage 2 Map

i had my car mapped at V-Hub in tewkesbury (Revo Dealers) and they essentially just flashed the Stage 2 software onto my ECU as it is designed for the mods i'm running..

i took the car to Power Station's rolling road facility in Tewkesbury this morning out of interest as to what it would be running with all the mods that i have done. They told me that the car was running really well and the Lambda etc was all in check after the map, However it made a lot less power than i was expecting 285bhp to be precise when i was guessing it would be more around 315-330bhp?

I will attach the Dyno results into this post and if anyone could shed any light on the matter that would be great, could it be that the rolling road isn't accurate, is this just the right sort of power it should be making or is there something not right with the software, i just don't know!?

all replies appreciated thanks guys :)

Attachments

• S3AXH.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 470
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

That is low and peak power at 5700 seems strange aswel? What Revo settings are you running?

That is low and peak power at 5700 seems strange aswel? What Revo settings are you running?
i could not tell you, i literally took it there and said can i have the stage 2 map and an hour later it was done.. :think:

i could not tell you, i literally took it there and said can i have the stage 2 map and an hour later it was done.. :think:
How does it feel on the road? Does it feel like more than that? Have you gone straight from standard to stage 2?

I went to powerstation with my 2+ Revo S3 and it made the bhp it should do - was about 340 with standard intercooler, my issue was with torque but that wasnt a problem with the car or the rolling road.

Your numbers seem very strange indeed - when I took my S3 which was running stock software with Revo intake, BCS turbo back , intercooler, fuel pump and RS4 fuel pressure valve to R Tech it made 293bhp so something isnt right mate.....

I'm no dyno expert but 110bhp in transmission losses?
If those top line figures are accurate then yes it is low for stage 2.
My suggestion would be to remove the twintake. I fitted one to my stage 2 APR'd S3 and it lost power to roughly what you have. Back on the standard airbox it feels instantly quicker and more like a stage 2 map, all verified with vcds logs

Mine made 337bhp at stage 2 on the same RR in tewks but with Shark software.

Only real difference is that I have the Forge intercooler. Which made an additional 22bhp between runs.

So it made 315bhp without the forge intercooler.

Twintake wasn't the way to go in my opinion either.

Something isn't right buddy.

Reactions: Dan w
I went to powerstation with my 2+ Revo S3 and it made the bhp it should do - was about 340 with standard intercooler, my issue was with torque but that wasnt a problem with the car or the rolling road.

Your numbers seem very strange indeed - when I took my S3 which was running stock software with Revo intake, BCS turbo back , intercooler, fuel pump and RS4 fuel pressure valve to R Tech it made 293bhp so something isnt right mate.....

would 285 seem right then seeing as i'm not running an uprated fuel pump, intercooler or RS4 fuel pressure valve to R Tech?

How does it feel on the road? Does it feel like more than that? Have you gone straight from standard to stage 2?
it's hard to say what it feels like seeing as i've never driven anything 300+ but it feels really good on the road..
i've ran a forge twintake, miltek turbo back and DV for about a year now and when i had the revo software uploaded it felt like a different car, so much more power all the way through the gears and a gets the noticeably quicker but i just don't know, the figures don't add upto me considering what i've read about everyone else getting 300+ figures on stage 2 :jaded:

Mine made 337bhp at stage 2 on the same RR in tewks but with Shark software.

Only real difference is that I have the Forge intercooler. Which made an additional 22bhp between runs.

So it made 315bhp without the forge intercooler.

Twintake wasn't the way to go in my opinion either.

Something isn't right buddy.

yeah mike i can't understand it at all, i was shocked that i've only gained 25bhp from all those mods :(

i'm not really looking to spend more money on the car at the moment and on the road it feels just fine but i just can't believe that it is actually running 285!?

A stage 1 map from a reputable company will produce around 305 to 315bhp.

does seem very low. Something is up there !

Andy were you on CCUK for a while and you got a S3 at a young age ?
Im sure i remember your name :p

Did they log the MAF airflow and/or give it a health check before mapping it? Could be either an issue with your car or a bad dyno operator.

Reactions: Compkiler and S3DUST
does seem very low. Something is up there !

Andy were you on CCUK for a while and you got a S3 at a young age ?
Im sure i remember your name :p

yes man, i definitely remember yours too! i had the little euro'd C… small world hey! :rapture:

Did they log the MAF airflow and/or give it a health check before mapping it? Could be either an issue with your car or a bad dyno operator.

not as far as i know.. it was more car in and on the rollers, power run and then off..
he assured me that it was running right but.. :blink:

What to do guys!? do i take the car back to the Revo dealer and ask why their software is producing such low figures? should i contact Revo HQ? i also have like a 7 minute video of the car on the rolling road if that would be of any help to anyone?

I would have it looked into! I would also ask them what settings have been installed for boost timing and fuel...

My Stage 2+ is B8 T5 F4 my Stage 1 settings were B6 T5 F7

I would imagine but not certain that stage 2 setting should be simular to stage 1 because you still don't have the uprated fuel pump.... 285bhp is almost stock power. It's unlikely but possible that the tuner has just not put any settings in so you are B1 T0 F0 this would give you almost standard power... Just a thought and I would definitely have it looked into as with that power I would expect there to be a problem somewhere if the settings are correct?

May aswell put the video up, as we all love rolling road videos if nothing else lol

It all depends on the Dyno.

I would expect more than 285bhp though. Without data logs it's impossible to diagnose anything. The Revo software is very unlikely to be at fault, but this is a precise example of why you can't just flash a car and be done. Seems like your dealer hasn't really got any expertise on the subject.

It needs a data log to see exactly what's going on.

Rick

Reactions: Compkiler
May aswell put the video up, as we all love rolling road videos if nothing else lol
thanks for your help, i think my best bet is to ask the company which uploaded the map what the setting are and get it posted up on here as whatever you have just said doesn't really mean a great deal to me :tocktock:

however i am currently uploading the video of the dyno run and will post that up as soon as its done
oh the joys of living in the countryside with terrible internet.. :topsy turvy:

It all depends on the Dyno.

I would expect more than 285bhp though. Without data logs it's impossible to diagnose anything. The Revo software is very unlikely to be at fault, but this is a precise example of why you can't just flash a car and be done. Seems like your dealer hasn't really got any expertise on the subject.

It needs a data log to see exactly what's going on.

Rick

Thanks Rick, any suggestions as the where to get my car data logged in the West Midlands?

hi mate you running it on vpower/premium fuel ?
i've only filled up twice since the cars been mapped and just stuck BP Super 97 in it as thats my local petrol station..
i may start filling up with Shell if that is going to make much of a difference

Another question i have regarding the dyno is that should the car be doing a power run in 5th gear?
my friend had his car dyno'd at the same place straight after mine and made 137bhp in 5th gear, but then had his map tweaked specifically for his car and (1.4 Turbo Black Edition Corsa) and had it dyno'd again at a different place and they did the power run in 3rd gear and it made 180bhp?

Dyno runs are usually done in 4th , 5th gear. The ratio that is closest to 1:1 .
You will get different power readings in different gears and the fact that he used a different dyno makes the two readings meaningless if you are trying to compare them.

Reactions: ahitchkins and S3DUST
I usually run TFSI's in 4th gear. Usually on a six speed box you would use 4th and 3rd in a 5 speed.

I've said this before - I'm not keen on how hard they load them up on that dyno - the heat will be tremendous.

Reactions: mister.c.
I usually run TFSI's in 4th gear. Usually on a six speed box you would use 4th and 3rd in a 5 speed.

I've said this before - I'm not keen on how hard they load them up on that dyno - the heat will be tremendous.

would this make a difference to the power output reading by running in a lower gear?

You need to run minimum of 98 in a car that's been mapped to that extent! Ideally you should be putting V-Power or Tesco 99 in it. What fuel were you running on the dyno? Power can be down by as much as 15% if you were running 95 as the ECU won't like it and ****** the ignition timing.

All S3's should run 97 if they want to make the 265ps that came out of the factory - read the handbook.