Revo stage 1 - S3

What is it like? ???

It's very smooth epic power delivery from 3k revs pins you to the back of your seat and keeps going very linear power delivery - not gone past 5k yet as things happen very quickly things you are passing become a blur !! Noticed a slight extra raspiness to the exhaust note too which I quite like.

Maintains good behaviour around town which makes it feel like stock which is exactly what I wanted. No trans slip or jerkiness. Could be sold on a stage 2 at some point - stage 2 map update is £60 but requires an inlet and down pipe so not mega ££££s and all bolt ons.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and sjbarneS3
It pulls like a train !!!

Think if I went stage 2 maybe after the first service I'd think seriously about putting some four pot stoppers on it too.

Anyone had a 2015 car successfully mapped or are they still working on the encryption? I'm itching to get mine done!

Reactions: slayaz
eba41dee1acaf7ba5daea4f051d55fdd.jpg

Maybe that will help u make the jump
Stage one Revo + Revo Mqb Intake
Now Going Stage Two With Revo Mqb Downpipe

Reactions: Steph67 and Rob2k68
Stage one Revo + Revo Mqb Intake
Now Going Stage Two With Revo Mqb Downpipe

That's an impressive run on the rollers - will be interesting to hear how you get on with stage 2.

@Rob2k68 thats the coolest possible run stage two getting done midweek will post results once done!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Reactions: RO65ERS
Anyone had a 2015 car successfully mapped or are they still working on the encryption? I'm itching to get mine done!

May 15 (ish) onwards cars are locked. there is no current solution other than to physically and permanently unlocking, which also involves taking the car off the road for a few days. not a route Revo will be going down, as completely voids warranty too.

May 15 (ish) onwards cars are locked. there is no current solution other than to physically and permanently unlocking, which also involves taking the car off the road for a few days. not a route Revo will be going down, as completely voids warranty too.
I must have got lucky then i bought my s3 june and its in for stage two this week

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
I must have got lucky then i bought my s3 june and its in for stage two this week

Yes, you can be lucky, just depends on the build date of car, some seem to of been hanging around in storage longer than others. We suggest popping to a dealer if anyone is unsure & they'll tell you in a few minutes if it's flashable.

Enjoy Stage 2

I really need to stop reading these type of threads... . I really want remap and new alloys and coilovers and........

I have decided to be good and see what Santa brings me though.....either that or be bad and Santa will bring me divorce papers.. haha

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Revo Steve-W
@AndyB-S3 divorce papers sound about right mines has 400 lbft trq and 370 bhp why wouldn't u remap haha! Going to be roughly 390-400 bhp for crail on Sunday though

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Oh..I was thinking of going to Crail too..maybe I will stay away. If I see all these modded S3's I will defo have divorce papers for Halloween.. haha

Go to crail and youll see mine at the revo stand il have a print out of stage two just give her that when she gives u the divorce papers lol

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and AndyB-S3
Are Revo developing software for late 2015 S3s? Mine is arriving in October so I'd assume it will be locked.

Reactions: slayaz and Agent57
Even more tempted now..haha. Revo doing any work on the day? @David Hope ?

Not sure where is best for me to remap..there are a few garages close by. Will start the proper research now!! :)

Yeah there offering a discount on the day also i go to autotec in greenock if your close id give them a call they will be able to answer all your questions andy

Cheers David, might just pop along then!! :)

I am in Dundee so if don't get it done then closest I think is Falkland Performance, there is also Star and Sitech but unsure what maps they offer.

Im positive sitech offer revo and they are holding a dyno day on the saturday and will also be at crail doing software with the boys from revo and autotec @revesteve-w should be able to confirm this

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and Revo Steve-W
Cheers David, might just pop along then!! :)

I am in Dundee so if don't get it done then closest I think is Falkland Performance, there is also Star and Sitech but unsure what maps they offer.

Sitech are Revo Andy & they also have an open day with discount on Saturday, so you can get Simon to get you Revo'd ready for Crail, he too is doing a Crail weekend deal.

http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Reactions: AndyB-S3 and David Hope
The more I look at this the more I am leaning towards Stage 2 and a downpipe!

Stage 2 is sounding appealing....

@Revo Steve-W Hi Steve, quick question from another tuning thread....

How much louder (if at all) is the stage 2 Revo down pipe over stock ?

Cheers mate - enjoying my tune ;o)

.... Also any other advantages of down pipe and inlet driveability wise (tune aside) will turbo spool up quicker, improved responsiveness etc. ???

Is very tempting with a sport cat, I'm assuming the £599 is plus vat ?

I really like the fact that it can be mated to the oem system for a stealth approach to tuning. Been back in a VAG just a month now and already thinking of maps and DP's, must be in the brand/blood :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
.... Also any other advantages of down pipe and inlet driveability wise (tune aside) will turbo spool up quicker, improved responsiveness etc. ???

Hi Rob,

The downpipe as stock is restrictive, therefore upgrading to the Revo DP results in far more mid-range power, well worth doing!
As for the noise, yes you are removing some silencing and will hear the turbo more, but not overly loud or intrusive.

Thanks & sorry for a delayed response, travelling all over the shop at the moment.

Anything urgent - eurosupport@revotechnik.com

@Revo Steve-W Awesome thanks mate - I'm very interested !!

Any ETA for that cold air intake you shown me I'm not a fan of what I've seen so far and would prefer to keep the stock air box for the OEM look I've read mixed reviews on the VWR600.

@Revo Steve-W Awesome thanks mate - I'm very interested !!

Any ETA for that cold air intake you shown me I'm not a fan of what I've seen so far and would prefer to keep the stock air box for the OEM look I've read mixed reviews on the VWR600.

The Revo Carbon MQB intake is due this coming month, October. great results.

Attachments

• 11411698_848600998549512_6965973316447461684_o.jpg
    11411698_848600998549512_6965973316447461684_o.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 489
Do tell more. Prices etc?

All details inc gains and pricing to come within the full launch, hopefully during October. So please keep an eye on the Revo Website for updates - http://www.revotechnik.com/revo-products

Cheers Steve - excellent news!

Also any idea when your down pipes are back in stock I tried to book my car in to have one fitted today together with stage 2 software at Northampton Motorsport but was told there's no stock for 2 weeks. I'd rather ship to a Revo dealer so it doesn't turn up at my house for obvious reasons.

Cheers Steve - excellent news!

Also any idea when your down pipes are back in stock I tried to book my car in to have one fitted today together with stage 2 software at Northampton Motorsport but was told there's no stock for 2 weeks. I'd rather ship to a Revo dealer so it doesn't turn up at my house for obvious reasons.

They're in stock, no order on the system from NHM. Give Chris a shout - http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator/northampton-motorsport

I'm really feeling the itch to go stage 1... My car is a 2015 bw21. Is it likely to be locked? Is there any way I can tell by looking at the ecu etc??

I'm really feeling the itch to go stage 1... My car is a 2015 bw21. Is it likely to be locked? Is there any way I can tell by looking at the ecu etc??

Anything April/May onwards is likely to be encrypted.

@batch recently tried but found his was locked in which case they just load the factory software back on. I'm sure all tuners are looking into this and understand that United Motorsport have done exactly that :-

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...T-Port-Flash-solution-for-Locked-Simos-18-MQB

Reactions: batch
Reactions: FBF01 and Rob2k68