Revo Select Switch

julians

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I had my car remapped with Revo, could I then go and buy any second hand revo select switch off ebay to enable me to turn it on/off, or does it need to be programmed specifically for my car?

not sure! speak you carl - i got mine from ebay but have never used it!

I thought about asking revo, but I figured it could be considered a bit cheeky. A bit like finding a shop that sells something, but then asking if they know where I can get the same thing cheaper.

You couldnt just go and try yours out could you?

i need to check it has the correct software on first otherwise i will be up shxt creak without a paddle and the guy in the A4???? who tried to give me a good push thru the lanes near chipping sodbury would surely get away!!!

Does anyone know if I had my car remapped with Revo, could I then go and buy any second hand revo select switch off ebay to enable me to turn it on/off, or does it need to be programmed specifically for my car?

They're only £99 from Revo themselves - brand new. How much do they go on eBay for ? I suppose if you can get one for £20 or so its worth it. I'm pretty sure they are interchangeable so an eBay one would work. Why not ask around for a Revo member on here to try theirs on your car. You're welcome to try mine if you're near me.

Yes you can use one. The only limitation I am aware of is that the older ones had firmware which isn't compatible with some newer cars.

I think I've lost mine so I'm gonna be having to buy another - Pah :banghead:

REVO had an offer on Select switches a few weeks back.

Select= £50
Select Plus=£100
Still havnt got around to ordering mine yet:think:
Just wanted one for dealer visits.

Paul

Do you know if that deal/offer is still available?

Should be but like I say I think you only have 28 days

Post Made on Briskoda.net by Revo Kev said:
Switch on to Revo Technik’s New Price Deals!
Revo Technik has announced an exciting new introductory price package for its performance software with its select and select plus switches for its UK customers.

From 1st September 2008, when you purchase full Revo Technik Performance Software, the additional unique functionality of the Revo Technik select or select plus can be yours for just £49 or £99 + VAT. This fantastic offer is available for 28 days from the date of your initial purchase, saving £100 or £150 on current retail switch prices. Contact your local Revo Technik dealer for details. Please note: This introductory price is for full software purchases only. It does not apply to software upgrades

The Ultimate in Fine Tuning Control
Revo Technik serial port switches work in conjunction with the performance software.
The select switch gives the user the ability to switch between stock and performance mode. This performance mode can be set by your Revo Technik dealer to suit your car, fuel quality and climatic conditions. Also included is an Anti-theft function, which is designed to disable the ECU itself leaving the car immobile. *
The select plus features variable boost, timing and fuel adjustment allowing the user to set the car up to run efficiently with any fuel quality and in varying conditions. Boost, timing and fuel adjustments can be uploaded directly to the ECU using the software communication mode via a laptop. The select plus offers three additional customised performance modes enabling the user to configure their own performance settings. It too has the anti-theft functionality.**

Do you know if that deal/offer is still available?
Pretty sure there is some `flexibility` on this offer.
Other wise just buy one from e-bay.
The full RRP from REVO is a bit of a **** take anyway IMO.

cheers
Paul

REVO had an offer on Select switches a few weeks back.

Select= £50
Select Plus=£100
Still havnt got around to ordering mine yet:think:
Just wanted one for dealer visits.

Paul

I think that was in conjunction with a remap. As a standalone purchase they cost a lot more.

Yes you can use one. The only limitation I am aware of is that the older ones had firmware which isn't compatible with some newer cars.

I think I've lost mine so I'm gonna be having to buy another - Pah :banghead:

Don't buy an SPS, it won't work, has to be a select or select plus to work on an 8P A3.

I think that was in conjunction with a remap. As a stand alone purchase they cost a lot more.

Yeah, but I think some one on here bought a select at the 28day discounted rate, beyond 28 days after date of remap. Im assuming a certain level of discretion is allowed. Besides, theres always ebay....if REVO dont want a sale!

I was supposed to get a form sent in the post from my REVO dealer but it never arrived.:think:

Assuming I dont need any more warranty work I would only use the select once every 12months or so.

Would the same select swicth work for a MK5 Gti and my S3?

Cheers
Paul

That doesn't look the same as mine ....

That's a Select and not a Select Plus.

But yes should work on an 8p as long as it has the correct firmware.