Revo remap?

Matt2010

Reaction score
Having had a few cars remapped in the past, I'm very tempted by a Revo remap (stage 1) and only want the basic remap and no other bits fitted.

On other cars I've had done, one thing i noticed aside from the obvious extra power, is that they were smoother to drive at lower speeds and pottering around town. Can anyone with a stage 1 remap give there opions on how the PFL feels driving at town speeds?

Having had a few cars remapped in the past, I'm very tempted by a Revo remap (stage 1) and only want the basic remap and no other bits fitted.

On other cars I've had done, one thing i noticed aside from the obvious extra power, is that they were smoother to drive at lower speeds and pottering around town. Can anyone with a stage 1 remap give there opions on how the PFL feels driving at town speeds?

No change really mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth doing tho for the price?

It’s definitely a lot quicker. I recorded myself launching mine then timed the video with my phone stopwatch and did sub 4 seconds 0-60.
Also it removes the limiter which is handy some times! ;)

Reactions: Matt2010
I had Revo stage 1 on my TTRS. Highly recommended and went like a stabbed rat. Had no issues after 15k miles with it on.

Cheers and might pull the trigger then :)

Cheers and might pull the trigger then :)

600 odd is expensive for a map, I think, but then I’ve seen cold air intakes for the rs3 for about 1200 quid. Everything seems to be way overpriced for these cars.

600 odd is expensive for a map, I think, but then I’ve seen cold air intakes for the rs3 for about 1200 quid. Everything seems to be way overpriced for these cars.

It’s a bargain! £600 for an extra 80bhp and a stack more torque...best value for money mod there is.

Reactions: NevMan
397-419 they claim. More like 50bhp.

Forgot you are PFL.

Even so, ignore the 50bhp... at 4000rpm my PFL was putting out an extra 100hp and 180nm of torque. It was savage.

Reactions: NevMan
Forgot you are PFL.

Even so, ignore the 50bhp... at 4000rpm my PFL was putting out an extra 100hp and 180nm of torque. It was savage.

Yours is FL?
What’s the difference, engine/turbo wise etc? Because 500bhp takes an intercooler and a map for you but for me it’s £4500 worth of stuff if I remember right! Downpipe, hybrid turbo, intercooler, map. Think that’s all?

Forgot you are PFL.

And you had no engine, gearbox, warning light issues etc?

I had a PFL RS3 with MRC stage 1. I then had a Revo stage 1 TTRS with the FL engine in.

TTRS a little bit quicker, but not by as much as you might think, or at least felt from the drivers seat.

Never had any errors.

Reactions: NevMan and Matt2010
I had a PFL RS3 with MRC stage 1. I then had a Revo stage 1 TTRS with the FL engine in.

TTRS a little bit quicker, but not by as much as you might think, or at least felt from the drivers seat.

Never had any errors.

The ttrs away?
What you got now?

The ttrs away?
What you got now?
Indeed. Sold last week and missing it badly already! I just got offered crazy money for it.

Currently borrowing the boss’s 997 turbo. Lovely. And rapid. But the engine is not a patch on the 5cyl.

Now looking at 911’s but I have an open mind. Suggestions welcome...

Reactions: NevMan and Marshy
What a shame the TTRS is gone, but from what you were saying a few weeks back, hard to ignore pretty much getting money back after 18 months usage. No suggestions, but let us know how the search and test driving goes.

Reactions: D0C