Revo Remap problem

jbee3

Reaction score
Hi there - a few weeks ago i had my 2004 A4 Avant 190 Quattro remapped with the Revo Stage 1. I'm no expert on these things but apparently it took my car from 190 to 225 bhp.

I only use Shell V Power in the car (From a few weeks before the remap right until now).

The first few weeks the car was totally transformed. Especially in second, third and fifth gear i noticed a massive difference in the powerband. In second and third acceleration was addictive and accompanied by a big whooshing sound.

I was really enjoying a new lease of life for what is quite an old car really.

However from Friday the car seems to have gone back to stock. When I floor it in second and third I do get the sort of whooshing sound but no surge in acceleration. The car also doesn't seem to be driving very smoothly and 'miles left' numbers have plumetted from 420 on a full tank to only 250!

Any ideas??

Justin

I take it you had a before and after rolling road run?

Have you had it scanned for faults? Could be a split hose etc.

Hi there - no I didn't get that done - was that something the dealer should have done?

The car actually went in for a new aircon compressor at Russell Automotive. They gave the car a check over and found two oil leaking items which they replaced. They said they didn't touch the ECU and that it would not be affected.

I take it you had a before and after rolling road run?

Have you had it scanned for faults? Could be a split hose etc.

What is a split hose? Is it expensive to fix? Is there any way i can tell just by opening the bonnet? What should i look for?

what he means by a split hose is the pipes connecting to your intercoolers could be split cracked or broken etc,you can check by inspecting them for air leaks.

Sounds like your car is a B6 to me? ..

In any case, as has been said already, get it scanned for faults... but I would already be looking towards the diverter valve.. the extra boost from the re-map could have split the rubber diaphragm.. it's such a common problem..

if it was a B7 2.0 fsit id say DV
so are you b6 b7 1.8 or 2,0 ?

Getting my b7 1.8t remapped this week by revo, am I right saying if the battery is disconnected it loses the map in some shape or form?

you dont loose map with batt been removed

I used to run a Leon cupra r 1.8t 20v 225, yours is a similar engine apart from the internals. I would go straight to the stock diverter valve. You will find this connected to your intake pipe. The standard diverter can in no way take a re map. Under high boost it simply blows open and stays open, hence the whooshing sound. The best replacement for this is a forge 007p or in my case I went for the forge splitter r as it is fully adjustable. About of a pain to set up, but in the end it will be way more responsive. I would still have it plugged in to check that I'm right. But from past experience, I would start and probably end with the diverter :)