Revo remap Audi s3 8v

^ that's my concern.. I'm only keeping my car for three years but i'm worried that the turbo will blow or something like that.. Maybe the MTM is the way to go for me

I think Paul is right and this is the point I was trying to get across. Also this will be an issue if I decided to sell in one year or trade in with Audi!!!

I also looked at MTM and ABT but then thought that I could buy a new (bigger) turbo for less than the outlay to have a warranty with these two companies. A new engine however is a different matter

I'm worried that when i trade it into porsche for the new cayman gt4, they'll plug it in and refuse the trade in.. any chance of that?

I'm worried that when i trade it into porsche for the new cayman gt4, they'll plug it in and refuse the trade in.. any chance of that?

No Chance, they wouldn't give a damn. Even if you traded it into Audi with a flagged TD1, you'd find it would disappear once in their ownership and be sold with a full warranty! One set of rules for them, another for us.

Reminds me of my first 8P I traded with a blown exhaust. It failed MOT at one Audi dealership near where I work and a quote for a new replacement was neatly presented.

I was literally hanging on for two weeks until my facelift 8P arrived at my local centre, Needless to say I traded it with a blown exhaust and no MOT. Car was for sale the week after and when I looked underneath the exhaust had merely been welded up!!!

I've traded cars with remaps before, not Audi's though, salesperson completely unaware and I bet the new owner thought they were getting a good'un. Told the salesperson about it afterwards but, being Ford, he didn't care...

check back here next Wednesday as 'someone' is about to be the first to get a S3 map from a certain 3 letter company ;-)

I was intouch with APR a few weeks back about them using my car for tests on the new stage 1 software. I saw an advert on facebook looking for certain cars so i got intouch. He said i was first to call and would definetly be back intouch with details.

Looks like that's not happening then :think:

No Chance, they wouldn't give a damn. Even if you traded it into Audi with a flagged TD1, you'd find it would disappear once in their ownership and be sold with a full warranty! One set of rules for them, another for us

I think that's the problem, if it was possible to get the TD1 flag removed then I'm sure many of us would perhaps think again. Don't forget this is a relatively new issue, remaps in the past were not quite so easily found. However a Porsche dealership wouldn't have a clue. But they may ask you if it was modified.

I don't believe that an Audi dealer would knowingly buy in a car still in warranty with a TD1 flag. I'm fairly certain that the dealerships are unable to remove the flag.

Its not just about trading it in or getting it serviced, for me it's more about have some failure where the car needs recovering, Its not possible to remove the tuning box or get it reflashed then. I'm fairly certain that when I traded my 8V TDi in I was asked if it had been modifies at all.

Reactions: 0B1001001
There is a flash counter correct, however as I say again I am unaware of any car that has been flashed back to stock by Revo having had an issue with a warranty claim.

Perhaps a dumb question but why can't you guys either disable or remove the counter. If it ever came up after that the car owner can just deny knowing there is/was a problem?

TX.

I'm not sure if this is correct but this is how the TD1 marker system was explained to me by an Audi Master Tech. Audi AG hold details on their central computer system of every car they produce. When a car goes in for service or for any work to be done it is connected by the dealer and via the internet to this central computer system which, for example, gives then details of the particular parts fitted to that particular car. When connected it also checks for any TD1 code in the ECU and records it, again on the central system. Therefore once it has been recorded, even if it is deleted by the owner or the dealer the marker will still remain on the Audi central system. At any time a dealer can enter the system, enter the car VIN number and get details of the car, including if any TD1 markers are stored against it. Whether any dealer would bother to do this when buying a trade-in is another matter, but the information will always be there.

Should my car suffer a failure, I'd rather not be crossing everything in the hope Audi don't spot an excuse to invalidate the warranty.

I'm sure the risk of a failure and subsequent TD1 detection is small but it's there and let's be honest, it's clearly in Audi's interest to not fork out for a replacement turbo (or whatever) if they can prove that the ECU has been manipulated.

Good luck to those that go for it though!

Reactions: h5djr
I was intouch with APR a few weeks back about them using my car for tests on the new stage 1 software. I saw an advert on facebook looking for certain cars so i got intouch. He said i was first to call and would definetly be back intouch with details.

Looks like that's not happening then :think:

thats a shame, there is a reason why which i cant really go into on here...

Reactions: RYuill
Going back to last week's post;

check back here next Wednesday as 'someone' is about to be the first to get a S3 map from a certain 3 letter company ;-)

It's "next Wednesday', any update? :racer:

I went into Harrogate Audi last year with my TT for some work, 7 years old with an APR stage 1 - they agreed not to update anything in order not to mess with the map. They were perfectly fine about it, but it was out of warranty. They had a TT RS on the ramp, engine out, the works... it had been mapped, within warranty and Audi UK were NOT paying out for the repair. The car was on the ramp for a while if I recall.
If I want more power than the S3, I'll probably go for a Cayman GT4 in a couple of years, rather than tinker with a 4 pot.

I believe if a TD1 flag is raised it is stored on Audi AG system but can be removed if there's a valid reason given and it is reset. I have my anti-tamper ECU cage, shear head bolts and driver in the boot tool tray.

If I have a failure and need recovered I can remove the M-Cantronic in <2minutes!

I have Revo'd (is that a word?) several cars:
B5 S4 2.7 twin turbo
B7 A4 3.0 diesel
C6 A6 3.0 diesel
B8 S4 3.0 supercharged
and my current 8V S3

Sure it's a risk with the whole TD1 thing.
However, I am prepared to accept that risk as to me, personally, the benefits way outweigh the risk!!!
In every case, the car I have ended up with post-map has been far more engaging and rewarding to drive.

I only keep cars for 3 years (apart from the B8 S4 which was t-boned while I was stopped) and calculated with the diesels that on fuel savings alone, the map is paid for in around 18 months.

But way more important to me is that the grin factor blows the cost issue out the window on the drive home from Revo.
For anyone who is on the edge of doing it, and needs some gentle persuasion - take it from me. Just do it - you won't be disappointed!

I only keep cars for 3 years (apart from the B8 S4 which was t-boned while I was stopped) and calculated with the diesels that on fuel savings alone, the map is paid for in around 18 months.

Does that include the extra insurance premium as well?

Hands up, I didn't mention it on the B5, but for the others I have. The difference has been negligible.
I guess being an old fart with a protected no claims and a clean license helps.

*looks for wood to touch*
Join the club:)

Why does Revo's 1.8TFSI tune has so poor of an output?

http://blog.revotechnik.com/revo-st...r-1-8tsi-transverse-and-longitudinal-engines/

Seems like you were just not that interested in fine tuning this engine (on the A3 at least).. like 'bleh, lets just focus on the S3 and deliver a mediocre map for the 1.8t owners'

Hi Jasso

The first tune on your link shows post map power output of 225 - 235 BHP against quoted stock of 177BHP, isn't that about a 27% - 33% increase? Maybe I'm not getting it, but this seems pretty decent to me?

The equivalent power gains on an S3 would deliver 381ps - 400ps, or 376BHP - 394 BHP? :think:

Hi Jasso

The first tune on your link shows post map power output of 225 - 235 BHP against quoted stock of 177BHP, isn't that about a 27% - 33% increase? Maybe I'm not getting it, but this seems pretty decent to me?

The equivalent power gains on an S3 would deliver 381ps - 400ps, or 376BHP - 394 BHP? :think:

The thing is, the same REVO gets 250hp and 300 lb/ft from the 1.8TFSI A4 & A5 tune. So why should the map for the A3 has less output? :think:

APR is putting down the same, +-250hp /300 lb/ft (and that's being conservative due to dq200, they got +330 lb/ft on US 1.8 TFSI version wich uses dq250 6 speed gearbox)

The engine is reaaally tune friendly, thats my point, those 225-235 BHP are 'tuning boxes results', and don't get me wrong, they are great numbers, just not the best achievable.

Regards,

Reactions: Steph67
The thing is, the same REVO gets 250hp and 300 lb/ft from the 1.8TFSI A4 & A5 tune. So why should the map for the A3 has less output? :think:

APR is putting down the same, +-250hp /300 lb/ft (and that's being conservative due to dq200, they got +330 lb/ft on US 1.8 TFSI version wich uses dq250 6 speed gearbox)

The engine is reaaally tune friendly, thats my point, those 225-235 BHP are 'tuning boxes results', and don't get me wrong, they are great numbers, just not the best achievable.

Regards

OK, makes sense now, didn't realise they had a higher output for basically the same engine in other models, so the numbers do then look a bit stingy in comparison. Particularly if APR don't show a similar lower output for their A3 1.8 map.

Cheers

I still feel that knocking on 300 bhp for a production mass production two litre is pretty high output. I think at that a stock engine is going to be highly stressed and personally worry about the extra load modifications make. I know the engine may be capable of much more but with suitable component changes perhaps?

I see what you're getting at,and maybe a few yrs ago,I would have agreed wholeheartedly,but having run my 8P on stock internals over 30 000 miles at anywhere from 310bhp to 440bhp,I would now have to disagree.

When the engine was eventually stripped down at 40 000 miles to have upgraded internals fitted,all of the existing items such as pistons,bearings and crank were within the original tolerances.

Now,if you're talking about really high specific outputs,such as 250-400bhp/litre,then it's clear that work needs to be done,components need to be changed,and uprated,to retain reliability,but again,the engine in mine(an older model than discussed here) is still munching through the miles at 250bhp/litre,and shortly to have rather more.

I've been with Revo for many yrs now,from Stg1,through to Stg4,and have had few if any software related issues,and no hardware problems(which I know is tempting fate,but I've said it now...).

I will shortly have to leave Revo,but not because of any issues caused,simply that they can no longer provide the software or processing required.