Revo Re Map

a4sline

Reaction score
Just had my S Line remapped with the Rev serial port........
Pleased ?......
Too buddy right I am!!!!!
Mid range torque is unbelievable, just how Audi should have made the S Line.

Top blokes, Russell and Richard at FORGE MOTORSPORT in Gloucester.
Sooooooperb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Personally wouldn't just plug a generic box onto my own car. Revo are very reputable with lots of happy customers and good back-up.

When my S line was AMD'd it totally transformed the car froma border line lame duck!

I had the "test" program on my 1.8T Q and I did notice it a little different, but it wasnt like OMFG, just "oh this seems a bit better".

I was told by the guy who did it that everyone always comes back after the test and gets it done, I didnt.

Plus how can they justify 400 odd quid for 5 mins work, if they rolling roaded it, and showed you the difference I wouldnt mind, but this guy just does it from his house, and it defo was not worth the price <although he was open to negotiations on price>

Ronny,

Think this has been covered before, if you did not notice a big difference it was clearly because there is already a problem with your car, as for the cost it may only take a few mins but you need to remember that the cost is for all the development time that went into the code, rr would be good but lets face it, it's driveability that counts and the difference is amazing, I would suggest you get your car looked at to solve your existing problem, not just saying this as I have Revo but would say the same for any of the major players in the re-mapping business, maybe you should not slag it off although it is an open forum but from your previous posts on a similar topic you did not reply to any of the points raised about your car.......

Maybe you need to get your car in order before you speak up.............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

Also I'm getting the impression that Mr McGough has trouble staying away from new toys.

[ QUOTE ]
Ronny,

Think this has been covered before, if you did not notice a big difference it was clearly because there is already a problem with your car, as for the cost it may only take a few mins but you need to remember that the cost is for all the development time that went into the code, rr would be good but lets face it, it's driveability that counts and the difference is amazing, I would suggest you get your car looked at to solve your existing problem, not just saying this as I have Revo but would say the same for any of the major players in the re-mapping business, maybe you should not slag it off although it is an open forum but from your previous posts on a similar topic you did not reply to any of the points raised about your car.......

Maybe you need to get your car in order before you speak up.............. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shutup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt see your replies to my other post ages ago, but then I cannot monitor every thread.

There is nothing wrong with my car, and its not the fact it costs 500 quid, its because they dont rolling road it, so they can show you the difference. That's all i complained about, and the fact my car is pushing approx 150bhp with no fault codes read from VAG-COM shows the car is fine. So don't give me that MAF pony.

Tell me what could be wrong with my car then? it boosts ok, it runs better when i put optimax in. but the difference with the REVO was not "amazing" but maybe he didnt do it properly? who knows. you will never know unless they RR it.

I am just giving my opinion of REVO, I have seen plenty of oither posts praising them, so my 1 post is not going to change peoples opinions, plus REVO give you a test of their software first, which means you can easily make your own mind up for free.

[ QUOTE ]

plus REVO give you a test of their software first, which means you can easily make your own mind up for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you own a TDI they don't!!

[ QUOTE ]
Just had my S Line remapped with the Rev serial port........
Pleased ?......
Too buddy right I am!!!!!
Mid range torque is unbelievable, just how Audi should have made the S Line.

Top blokes, Russell and Richard at FORGE MOTORSPORT in Gloucester.
Sooooooperb. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Got mine done this week by Star .

Very Very happy too, with the Re-Map and Jim at Star Performance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Went for the "Dual System" OBD port switchable box ..... Nice