Revo or Custom-Code

S3-Chris

If its not broke....break it!!
Reaction score
time to get a remap.... however whats the best one outta these two, its for my 210bhp 2001 s3... Revo is £510.... Custom-Code is £329.....
what you guys think?
cheers
chris

I would say go with vagcheck.co.uk

amazing service and i would say they do a better job !

i have custom code and really rate it i havent ever been in a revo s3 though but it cant be worth the extra wonga is it???

You have to ask yourself, do you want a map that is agresive in its power delivery or one that has a smooth delivery?

Well i have been in them all and TBH , i never been so happy with my remap best results i have ever had .

OMG, not this old chestnut of a question, I would go for the cheaper option, or the nearest option, which ever you feel more comfortable with, I doubt you will feel the 5BHP difference on map probably makes over the other.

5BHP Jo, cmon thats £350 worth of air filter on a Corsa you know!!

if i set the revo boost to a lower setting then its a more smooth delivery so you can set it how you like

ive got to say something on this subject......

dunno what!! but i defo have to say something:asskicking:

You have to ask yourself, do you want a map that is agresive in its power delivery or one that has a smooth delivery?

I would like a more aggressive power delivery. best to go for a custom remap?

I believe Revo 1 gives an aggressive punch but will tail off higher up the rev range.

I think Im going to get Revo 1 later in the year.

Go for a custom map. Star performance in Scotland should be able to help you out. From now on all I'd ever buy is a custom map rather than generic

Go for a custom map. Star performance in Scotland should be able to help you out. From now on all I'd ever buy is a custom map rather than generic

only trouble with that is you have to place your entire trust on the programmers abilities

Im getting mine done end of month by motech at vagech!..cant wait...its not s3 tho just the 1.8t....

:iagree:.......

Recently had mine done at APS, cheapest I've found and the service was truly superb.. It's there own map which they tweak for each individual car. www.autops.co.uk - Have a chat with Ed if your interested, top bloke.

what kinda prices are these other maps you's are all mentioning?
there is a garage bout 10miles from me, who do Custom Codes.