Revo MQB Carbon Intake now in stock!

Revo Steve-W

Reaction score
Website
www.revotechnik.com
Revo Carbon Intake now in stock, click link below for full details -

http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/air-filter-intake-kits/carbon-air-filter-mqb

1929_MQB+Carbon+Intake_md.jpg

Reactions: Fiddie
INCREASED POWER AND TORQUE
The kit was installed on a variety of stage 2 & 3 vehicles, all tested on a 4-wheel hub dyno. Three consecutive runs were carried out on each vehicle comparing the stock system to the Revo Carbon Air Intake system. A consistent gain of +10WHP was found on the 300ps 2.0TSI and +17WHP on the 220ps 2.0TSI, with both giving an average gain throughout the rev range of +16NM torque. It was also noted that with the greater flow of air the turbo was able to spool a lot more quickly giving enhanced throttle response.

MQB_Carbon_Power_Chart.png

I will be all over this, once you get a map for 2016 model S3's make sure you post on here. Then ill get both in one go :)

Reactions: SargaroS and Rob2k68
it looks gorgeous, but to keep the standard airbox just makes it look like you've done a half ***** job.
if i wanted a factory look and gains, for not much more than what you're asking, id have a VWR600!

As I understand it the lower price is just the carbon front air inlet but for not a great deal more you get the hose and replacement foam filter too.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Well I thought that too Rob
I have a k&n filter in my box so could just buy the front intake.... maybe.... Be nice to go with a REVO remap

Reactions: Rob2k68
Well I thought that too Rob
I have a k&n filter in my box so could just buy the front intake.... maybe.... Be nice to go with a REVO remap

Absolutely - should work very well with the Revo software!!

For the extra cost (not a huge amount) and for the sake of getting it all Revo and therefore compatible and fully matched if you like, I'll probably sell my Forge intake hose and K&N filter on ebay and more or less brake even.

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and sjbarneS3
I don't think there's software for my ECU yet Rob, mines a 2015 (March) car

Ah gotcha. Yours must have been border line just as they changed over ECU encryption - mine was build week 6 middle of February and March delivery.

Reactions: sjbarneS3
Well, in all fairness it was probably made along side yours.... I took it on 20th March...
So if I'm honest I'm unsure if its crackable or not

Well, in all fairness it was probably made along side yours.... I took it on 20th March...
So if I'm honest I'm unsure if its crackable or not

I could be ok then in fairness - I think it's more like a May/April changeover - not sure what BW Batch's car is ?

The only bullet proof way of knowing is when they try to upload the software. It'll either take it or it won't !!

Reactions: Revo Steve-W and sjbarneS3
Yes there is no charge if file doesn't upload to the car, revo didn't work:(
Apr software is available for the later cars, my car was delivered end of May 15
Defo worth the money

it looks gorgeous, but to keep the standard airbox just makes it look like you've done a half ***** job.
if i wanted a factory look and gains, for not much more than what you're asking, id have a VWR600!

We're not finished yet... first & foremost we're about performance, hence the Revo intake is yet again the best flowing on the market, the sexiness will be added too, watch this space!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RO65ERS
I don't think there's software for my ECU yet Rob, mines a 2015 (March) car

You might find it'll be ok, well worth a visit to your local dealer to try. SCC in St Albans flashed a December registered S1 last month and that was fine. There's no hard set rule as to what will flash. This is also why other companies 'may' say they can flash them, then when your car won't flash they just say they're waiting for your ECU I.D file. Working on the latest security is a priority and something that we'll all get cracked soon, but nobody can give an ETA, as they'll be flash-able as soon as we crack them and that could be days, weeks or months... be sure that we'll shout about it when available though.

http://www.revotechnik.com/dealer-locator

Lovely bit of kit comes beautifully packaged too ....

VnoLYGXs

Here's a couple of it fitted .....

A1vUQQsq

GShTZzMZ

Will report back once driven. Watch this space !!!!!

Be curious to know whether the reported gains are a factor of the aftermarket filter or the actual intake front piece.

Replacing the filter itself would probably produce similar results, although I've always assumed a dual opened intake like this one must get more air in...

Well after a very quick 30 minute drive and I can say in no uncertain terms that it's unleashed the beast (no double entendre intended!). With the stage 1 tune and this working in harmony the digital speedo looks like slot machine reels in Vegas. I was properly pulled back into my seat - it's easily the fastest car I've owned and now has the thrill factor to match. It did seem a little more responsive but hard to quantify. Noise was no more intrusive than with the K&N filter element that I had before. Should be a fun journey to work tomorrow ......

Really looking forward to the TCU map to come out. Doubt that I'll be going to stage 2 with this setup it seems to tick all the boxes.

Well after a very quick 30 minute drive and I can say in no uncertain terms that it's unleashed the beast (no double entendre intended!). With the stage 1 tune and this working in harmony the digital speedo looks like slot machine reels in Vegas. I was properly pulled back into my seat - it's easily the fastest car I've owned and now has the thrill factor to match. It did seem a little more responsive but hard to quantify. Noise was no more intrusive than with the K&N filter element that I had before. Should be a fun journey to work tomorrow ......

Really looking forward to the TCU map to come out. Doubt that I'll be going to stage 2 with this setup it seems to tick all the boxes.

How long did it take you to put on.

How long did it take you to put on.

Prob 2 hours all in but there's a fiddly brkt that moves a hose out of the way that wasn't needed in the end so I put it back to how it was then I dropped a bolt and it landed in the undertray and I couldn't find it at all. Had to get under the car and pat the undertray until I could hear the bolt bounce and guide it to one of the openings. Really your looking at 30-45 minutes tops which is taking your time and making sure everything's as it should be.

Prob 2 hours all in but there's a fiddly brkt that moves a hose out of the way that wasn't needed in the end so I put it back to how it was then I dropped a bolt and it landed in the undertray and I couldn't find it at all. Had to get under the car and pat the undertray until I could hear the bolt bounce and guide it to one of the openings. Really your looking at 30-45 minutes tops which is taking your time and making sure everything's as it should be.

Ok thanks . Think i would end up smashing the car up looking for that bolt lol

I think I will be buying one of these intakes as soon as I can get to Stage 1.... I am eagerly waiting for Revo to crack it and then I will be straight in for the remap. Keep us posted Revo :)

Also get used to polishing under the bonnet too - it looks so good !! ;o)

i hate how beautiful it looks.
it makes me want to get it, but there is something about keeping the OEM box that puts me off.

maybe its because we've always been told that a new box / open filter has been the route to go down for performance, and you've now taken it at a different angle! I Just don't know!

But yes, it looks Beautiful!

i hate how beautiful it looks.
it makes me want to get it, but there is something about keeping the OEM box that puts me off.

maybe its because we've always been told that a new box / open filter has been the route to go down for performance, and you've now taken it at a different angle! I Just don't know!

But yes, it looks Beautiful!

The facts and figures speak for themselves ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RO65ERS
There's very little extra noise from this solution too which was important to me as I'm sticking with the stock exhaust and downpipe therefore wanted to keep the car as refined as possible.

It's been on a week now and I'm very pleased with it.

Reactions: Forbzeeee, Revo Steve-W and RO65ERS
There's very little extra noise from this solution too which was important to me as I'm sticking with the stock exhaust and downpipe therefore wanted to keep the car as refined as possible.

It's been on a week now and I'm very pleased with it.

genuinely noticed a difference with it fitted?

im skipping stg1, so im in no rush to go at purchase an intake. i want to see what everyone releases and has available before i go stg2! ideally though, id like to keep it to the same brand!

visually, this appeals to more more than the APR
but
the vwr does compliment the OEM look!

genuinely noticed a difference with it fitted?

im skipping stg1, so im in no rush to go at purchase an intake. i want to see what everyone releases and has available before i go stg2! ideally though, id like to keep it to the same brand!

visually, this appeals to more more than the APR
but
the vwr does compliment the OEM look!

Yes defo more responsive low down and pulls very hard from 3krpm. I'm with you with the same brand ethic this has to be the most effective way to plan you're upgrade to ensure maximum compatibility and performance.

I had the VWR and as nice as it was I didn't like the slurping sound - I guess secretly I was always holding out for the Revo one after seeing prototypes of it at various shows.

Yes defo more responsive low down and pulls very hard from 3krpm. I'm with you with the same brand ethic this has to be the most effective way to plan you're upgrade to ensure maximum compatibility and performance.

I had the VWR and as nice as it was I didn't like the slurping sound - I guess secretly I was always holding out for the Revo one after seeing prototypes of it at various shows.
see, i quite like the noise! but then, the s3 is still a very underestimated car for those who aren't in the know, so keeping it sounding smooth and sleek helps hunt its pray!

The Revo one is the best flowing one too... which is kind of the point, so helps too.
yeah you also do a lovely downpipe too, which undercut everyone else on the price tag side of things!

there is an issue @Revo Steve-W ... you can't flash my ecu yet! its an august 15'!
i've had revo twice before, once on a leon FR TFSI, gained tremendously!
and on a mk5 GT Tdi 140 - which the engine then sh!t itself 20k later...that thing also went like an absolute trooper!

your stage 2 software, how essential is the FMIC? other brands are saying you only need an intake and downpipe, but true benefits are from the FMIC, but the map is slightly different if the upgraded one isn't fitted, is yours the same or is it a case of you won't flash stg2 if the FMIC isn't uprated?

Reactions: Forbzeeee and Rob2k68
I really really want one of these now ....but as said previously want to go to Stage 1 at the same time (sigh)!

If I had known Audi were going to change their ECU encryption then I would've bought my car sooner!!

see, i quite like the noise! but then, the s3 is still a very underestimated car for those who aren't in the know, so keeping it sounding smooth and sleek helps hunt its pray!

yeah you also do a lovely downpipe too, which undercut everyone else on the price tag side of things!

there is an issue @Revo Steve-W ... you can't flash my ecu yet! its an august 15'!
i've had revo twice before, once on a leon FR TFSI, gained tremendously!
and on a mk5 GT Tdi 140 - which the engine then sh!t itself 20k later...that thing also went like an absolute trooper!

your stage 2 software, how essential is the FMIC? other brands are saying you only need an intake and downpipe, but true benefits are from the FMIC, but the map is slightly different if the upgraded one isn't fitted, is yours the same or is it a case of you won't flash stg2 if the FMIC isn't uprated?

We're working hard on the newer ECU security, so hang fire!

Not ideal, but yes you can go Stage 2 without a FMIC, should be ok in this (UK!) weather, but in the summer/warmer times or if having heavier/track use, then you would require a FMIC to make the engine run more efficiently and make the most of the software and upgrades, otherwise the engine would get warm and power would be held back.

Reactions: RO65ERS
We're working hard on the newer ECU security, so hang fire!

Not ideal, but yes you can go Stage 2 without a FMIC, should be ok in this (UK!) weather, but in the summer/warmer times or if having heavier/track use, then you would require a FMIC to make the engine run more efficiently and make the most of the software and upgrades, otherwise the engine would get warm and power would be held back.

its highly rare that Plymouth gets into double figures regarding its ambient temperature, even during the summer it struggles and we always have the coastal breeze to cool down!
i have no intention of ever taking the car on track. Albeit i drive hard on the road, there is only so much "fast road" driving you can actually do in such a small city!

I've already decided to go stage 2 regardless, but its a winning factor that i don't "need" an fmic due to the conditions id be driving under.
its just a waiting game now!

I fitted mine today but as it's got 2 pipes running parallel with the intake I had to use the bracket supplied I'm not sure if I've got it the right way or not can any one take a couple of close up shots of there's as Im worried about the metal pipe rubbing against the rubber aircon pipe which seems to be getting hot

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 443
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 546