1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Revo MPG

Russ Nov 30, 2009

1. Russ

Russ Registered User

Morning all,

any ideas what mpg on a 2001 S3 with Revo Stage 1 and SPS controller running on V-Power would be compared to normal? Motorway driving mainly.

I'm doing a drive up to leeds and currently have the SPS set to 98 which obviously set's the boost up. Would it be more economincal :)keule:) to turn it down to 95 or even off?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. MIKE GTR

MIKE GTR Registered User

I get an average of 28mpg - motorway expect 35ish

4. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

I average 32.5mpg on the computer running aggressive settings.

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator

MPG off boost doesn't change that much tbh... On boost and depending how you drive of course will make the difference.

I still get around 24mpg on average producing nearly 400bhp on mine...

<tuffty/>

6. Essflee

Essflee Registered User

I wouldn't worry to much about what settings to run at, the difference if any would be marginal...

7. Westy

Westy Registered User

When I went to Germany last year I was averaging 32mpg on the autobhans doing between 80-90mph, revs were high enough for the turbo to be constantly spinning. If I drive at 70mph I can get around 38mpg on a long journey.

Keep the revs down to avoid coming on boost.

8. Russ

Russ Registered User

Cheers peeps. Seems as though it's cheaper to drive from Kent to Leeds than get the train or fly. Even the coach is £40 and that takes 6 hours there and 7 hours back. Sod that for a game of soldiers!

9. Westy

Westy Registered User

I got from Hertfordshire to the Nurburgring on one tank of petrol (£65) which was about 400 miles. Kent to Leeds is about 260 miles so you should be ok on a tank and a half of petrol.

10. jonny87

jonny87 Registered User

whoa, 400 miles to a tank? thats very good going!!

when i took my s3 to jabbasport the other week that was a 230 mile round trip for me and i done it on half a tank which suprised me, that was taking it steady on the way up there, a bit of thrashing by me and julian whilst there and a mix of steady and spirited driving on the way home

11. Westy

Westy Registered User

Yeah I was supprised too but I was driving off boost most of the way. I then got about 14mpg on the Ring!:s3addict:

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator It's my birthday

I got 37 mpg going from Warwick to Croft circuit,North Yorkshire and back again and was nailing it (up to 70 mph of course) and I run Revo and had the setting on 98 RON

14. Westy

Westy Registered User

Jason do you notice much difference when running different fuels eg. 98 ron or 100 ron with the revo?

15. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator It's my birthday

Yes a noted nippyerness (if thats word) maybe its not on the scale of a remap hike but as the tesco ad says every little helps.