Revo Map

Lots of handy info there, cheers! Didn't realise that the checksums would be verified.

So if I wanted to revert back to stock before a service, would I need Revo to make a clone of my ECU before the map is applied and then just flash this back when I come to take it in?
Some people just swap the flashed ecu for another un-modified one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Callump01
Lots of handy info there, cheers! Didn't realise that the checksums would be verified.

So if I wanted to revert back to stock before a service, would I need Revo to make a clone of my ECU before the map is applied and then just flash this back when I come to take it in?

This really narks me, if you want to mod a car you have to accept that it may be flagged and face the consequences. Rather than trying to hide it and pull the wool over Audi’s eyes. No doubt would be restored to stock when sold as well for somebody else to pick up the pieces.

Reactions: jimojameso and Behind The Bins
This really narks me, if you want to mod a car you have to accept that it may be flagged and face the consequences. Rather than trying to hide it and pull the wool over Audi’s eyes. No doubt would be restored to stock when sold as well for somebody else to pick up the pieces.

Sorry this "narks" you mate, but please don't assume I would flog the privately or to a dealership and not tell them it was modified. I haven't done that with any of my previous cars and wont for this one either. As with my last motor which was Stage 2, I leave all the mods on when my car goes and make it completely clear that it was modified.

Let's not forget dieselgate shall we? Audi and other manufacturers clearly have no quarrel pulling the wool over the eyes of their customers... there is no moral high ground here. Infact Rupert Stadler was arrested just today over it!

TX.

Cheers mate, that's a ****** good idea :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan
Sorry this "narks" you mate, but please don't assume I would flog the privately or to a dealership and not tell them it was modified. I haven't done that with any of my previous cars and wont for this one either. As with my last motor which was Stage 2, I leave all the mods on when my car goes and make it completely clear that it was modified.

Let's not forget dieselgate shall we? Audi and other manufacturers clearly have no quarrel pulling the wool over the eyes of their customers... there is no moral high ground here. Infact Rupert Stadler was arrested just today over it!

Well I’m glad that you would declare it. I get Audi are guilty of things as well. Just so many people out there trying to cover up mods, at the end of the day the cost is just going to be passed down to the customers.

Hear hear, well said! Have to question why 128307 is even on this thread if modding “narks” him. I had a diesel gate Q5 so ended up getting rid of quite quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hear hear, well said! Have to question why 128307 is even on this thread if modding “narks” him. I had a diesel gate Q5 so ended up getting rid of quite quickly.

I didn’t say modding narks me, I enjoy seeing what people are getting from the cars but I don’t like that some try to cover it up in order to retain warranty etc.

There will be many who do similar to pcp/lease cars who then undo it all ready for somebody to buy a much stressed car.

I didn’t say modding narks me, I enjoy seeing what people are getting from the cars but I don’t like that some try to cover it up in order to retain warranty etc.

There will be many who do similar to pcp/lease cars who then undo it all ready for somebody to buy a much stressed car.

Nature of the beast thoe

My local Revo dude called today informing me they had their map sorted so as he is just 6 miles away, and after reading this post, I think I'll give it a go. ..

Reactions: Phil3, Callump01, Deep penetrator and 2 others

Fair enough mate

Reactions: TYb
Yeah, not sure, but again figures don't mean much. Would be nice if someone tested an APR car on normal fuel instead of E85. Everything they promote is E85 but they NEVER mention it in the posts, always giving a false impression. Also E85 gives a fair bit more power than race fuel!

I made this point exactly on a FB post they made. Its a load of marketing bullshite - totally flexing the reality of the mapping by stating the facts badly to give the wrong impression. Standard marketing (and politics) cr*p.

Reactions: Deep penetrator, JamesCrs3 and neg
You take the gamble when modding but things can break / fail when not related to the modification - the problem is you feel being honest sometimes kicks you in balls when they just shut the door saying warranty is void.

I had a mechanical gearbox fault in the past - got replaced under warranty thankfully. If not I wouldn't have bought another VAG possible and they would be £100k down - swapped the wife's car this year too.

If the turbo failed for example I would have just fixed myself.

Reactions: TYb
Please...

Reactions: FBF01, Callump01, NevMan and 1 other person
Is it? If you can’t afford when it goes wrong then don’t do it in the 1st place!

Yes it absolutely is, if your a petrolhead naturally you want to mod the car to how you want it, add more power, hardware etc!
I’m not sure where your going with the “can’t afford when it goes wrong” comment shag?

Reactions: Callump01 and NevMan

TX.

Correct TX

It's a little more involved than simply unplugging / plugging in a new ECU though......

Indigo GT did a stage 1 Revo yesterday and it made 446 bhp and 468 lbft
And his dyno was reading a little high.

Indigo GT did a stage 1 Revo yesterday and it made 446 bhp and 468 lbft
And his dyno was reading a little high.
That seems very low. Torque about right, but 446bhp?

Last edited:
He did a dyno run before and after, go check his page out.
I believe you. Just doesn't seem perhaps like the car was running ok. That's 630nm of torque which is right up there but power well down on what it should be, and with you explaining that his dyno was reading high. Any explanations you can think of @H4RDYRS3 or from the other experts on here?

@penetrator keep us posted with your results.

Reactions: Deep penetrator
Here's Indigo's dyno chart.

Would be keen to hear people's thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_3855.JPG
    IMG_3855.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 245
Something clearly amiss there, id expect that from a tuning box but not a tune that’s been in development for a year.

Don’t know why he seems happy with the figures either, he should have been straight on the phone to Revo with the logs to find out what was going on.

Or it’s been run very hot and the intercooler is soaked. He should have tuned it, left it for a good hour and then dyno’d again then.

Yes it absolutely is, if your a petrolhead naturally you want to mod the car to how you want it, add more power, hardware etc!
I’m not sure where your going with the “can’t afford when it goes wrong” comment shag?

I’m not saying you can’t afford it. I meant people do cover it up as they still want the protection of a warranty. Any way I’m not here to argue.

Intake temps at 44 degrees, 20 over ambient will surely play a part in the low numbers?

Here's Indigo's dyno chart.

Would be keen to hear people's thoughts.

Was the car run on the dyno in 4wd mode? MRC have been having issues with the FL cars Haldex settings getting a bit 'lively' on the dyno when run in 4wd mode. Maybe the gearbox has sensed some issues and reigned in some power?

Very very low. Probably in the wrong gear or something.
Dyno runs that Kristiajan on here put up from his car we’re 479-485ps on 98ron with 580nm
That torque figure is very low - JBS achieved 490 ft lbs with mine that’s 664nm - that’s a heavy punch in the chest.

That torque figure is very low - JBS achieved 490 ft lbs with mine that’s 664nm - that’s a heavy punch in the chest.
I'd say your 664nm is exceptional. Is that stage 2? If it's stage 1 then that's up there with the best torque figures I've seen. 580-620nm seems to be the norm.

I'd say your 664nm is exceptional. Is that stage 2? If it's stage 1 then that's up there with the best torque figures I've seen. 580-620nm seems to be the norm.
Hi Doc, no that’s stage 1 and delivers the goods @ 4670rpm too.

Attachments

• 14663374-9207-4937-AADD-D9D6061A468F.jpeg
    14663374-9207-4937-AADD-D9D6061A468F.jpeg
    263.6 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: D0C, FBF01 and NevMan
Hi Doc, no that’s stage 1 and delivers the goods @ 4670rpm too.
That's an outstanding torque figure for stage 1. I can believe it goes like hell.

What's your thoughts on stage 1 in general? Assume it's quite a jump over stock in performance terms.

Couple of questions @penetrator

I notice on the Revo site it says rev limiter increased to 7100rpm. And also that in sport mode the cars valves are now fully and permanently open. Can you confirm these points?

Also, do Revo still offer the option of you being able to plug in to the OBD port yourself and switch back to stock?
yes i can confirm all this :)

Ahmm now looking this tread so just share my experienec. I was part of Revo global development for RS3

This car will make 450Hp on 95 octane fuel, 473-480hp i have seen on mine 98 ron fuel and 490hp on ARAL 102 .

Car gets hot f... fast and thats problem when u are on dyno and even on road. Intake temperature high and over 50,60 ecu is reducing power for safety.

On dyno u have to have cool car, good fan etc. On road car is consistent

Fastets 0-62mph i got is 3.37 sec

100-200kmh 7.9-8.0 sec (7.8 sec) 98/102ron

on top of 5th gear 270kmh car has same EGT value as stock so its safem and crazy fast

About APR they just play with marketing

Stage 1 98ron 473Hp so like all other tuners.

548hp they did on E85 with different fuelling system, Forge IC, intake , so very far of stock car

Now i am getting downpipe in few days so i will dyno it again and keep you guys posted
Follow my tread for news

Reactions: Dan_DJT, Deep penetrator, Terminator x and 4 others
Will revo be releasing an induction kit as I would be getting this the same time as stage 1 tune,APR or eventuri are options also as I don’t think they use panel filters.

That's an outstanding torque figure for stage 1. I can believe it goes like hell.

What's your thoughts on stage 1 in general? Assume it's quite a jump over stock in performance terms.
Be careful when just looking at dyno figures!

Reactions: D0C
I’m on the Dyno today gents at CLP Sheffield. This is more for interest as I’m not overly bothered by numbers as I can tell that the car now has a significant increase in performance and that’s what counts and is important to me.

Reactions: dc911, AB RS3, NevMan and 2 others
Ah excellent mate, CLP is a really good dyno, Dan who works there is a good lad.
My neck of woods :thumbs up:

Thanks Kristijan, very useful.

Now that the valves are permanently open in dynamic mode, does this make a dramatic difference to the sound?
Its amazing to drive i D mode nad dynamic. Good inside and outside like Huracan Lambo is crusing :whistle2::glee:

Reactions: NevMan