1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revo Map

Rs1 Jun 14, 2018

1. Rs1

Rs1 Member

Thinking of getting stage 1 tune by Revo for facelift RS3 believe out now in UK..Expected gains 450 to 480hp...thoughts please...

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. evil_scooby

evil_scooby Active Member

450 seems low?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. Dan_DJT

Dan_DJT RS3 Saloon Team Floret Silver Audi RS3

5. penetrator

penetrator Well-Known Member

I’m booked in this morning for it

E15 and FBF01 like this.
  6. penetrator

Not about headline figures mate, that’s where an average tuner and an established renowned tuner differ!

7. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

But the torque gains are massive on just this stage one tune though ain’t they folks?

terminator x likes this.
  8. penetrator

Just under 600nm it seems

9. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS4

Imho Audi are holding it back as torque is just about the only advantage a standard RS4 has over a standard 3 :tearsofjoy:

TX.

q5man and DW81 like this.
  10. Callump01

Callump01 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 quattro Saloon

That torque is just ridiculous, love it!

I'm still umming and arring over getting mine done... just weighing up if I can afford to fit the bill should something major go wrong in the future. Hoping to get a ride in a remapped RS3 shortly and I'm sure that'll make my mind up.

They've removed the RS3 2017> option from their website, so I am assuming that they're in the process of adding it there?

11. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

A mapped RS3 is just in a whole different performance category. Beware going out in one as you will have to get yours done once you experience it!

q5man, AB RS3, DW81 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Avatar

13. DW81

DW81 Well-Known Member

Doc is it really that noticeable and savage mate?
    The standard PFL can be quite an animal at the moment :tearsofjoy:

14. D0C

Absolutely. It feels significantly more powerful. I had it put back to stock when trading it in and it felt like the handbrake had been left on and was very ordinary thereafter.

billymc92, q5man and FBF01 like this.
  15. penetrator

Just gat my Revo stage1 and it’s beyond savage lol, I can’t stop laughing. It is ridiculously quick and I am so happy I made the choice, there isn’t going to much about under £200k plus that will live with this level of savagery lol

Kristijan Sabljar, E15, q5man and 5 others like this.
  16. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Take it no dyno before and after?

So so keen...

17. penetrator

Dyno is booked for next Tuesday.

FBF01 likes this.
  18. Callump01

Callump01 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3 quattro Saloon

Dreaded TD1 flag is the only thing holding me back from getting it done... do we know if Audi are guaranteed to TD1 it if I flash back to stock before I take it back in every time? Or is it just a small chance if they specifically look for it?

19. JamesCrs3

JamesCrs3 Active Member

If anyone around Birmingham wants to see what MRC stage 2 is like feel free to hit me up.

q5man and AB RS3 like this.
  20. Behind The Bins

Behind The Bins Active Member

All this stage 1 talk is tempting me

FBF01 likes this.
  21. D0C

Couple of questions @penetrator

I notice on the Revo site it says rev limiter increased to 7100rpm. And also that in sport mode the cars valves are now fully and permanently open. Can you confirm these points?

Also, do Revo still offer the option of you being able to plug in to the OBD port yourself and switch back to stock?

FBF01 likes this.
  22. dc911

dc911 New Member

Or do you have the changeable maps too

FBF01 likes this.
  23. neg

neg Active Member

Watching with interest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

on Revos insta...

Says 599 and anywhere from 455 to 490 from stage 1, with an increase in torque from 439 to 464lbft

Also makes reference to the SPS switch for high and low boost option

Meeting revo dealer tomorrow at 11am for a chat....could be expensive lol

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    q5man and Marshy like this.
  25. D0C

Revo very competitive on price. Bear in mind MRC and the like insist on a DSG map so it's £1000+ all in for stage 1. I'm personally not keen on them faffing with the gearbox as I think that's where the big expense could come from with potential issues later down the line, and I reckon they just increase clamping pressures anyway which I also don't think is necessary for stage 1. In addition, the gearbox also has sensors and logs which Audi could no doubt see that it has been messed around with.

q5man and neg like this.
  26. penetrator

Rev limiter is increased to 7100rpm
    Left foot braking enabled
    Optimised launch control (savage lol)
    De limited

Yes you can switch the maps back to stock if you have the Revo module, think it’s £99.

The car is slightly louder more of the time and seems to be more burbles and pops and bangs so it’s possible the valves are open permanently in dynamic.

q5man, Behind The Bins and D0C like this.
  27. penetrator

I think there’s always the risk, but I’ve tuned my last few cars M4, M3 etc and so far no issues. I think if there’s scope for them to be looking for an issue they could possibly find something but for most dealer visits and software updates there’s no reason to snoop about and or plug into the Matrix lol.
    Or I could be wrong. Hopefully not.

28. D0C

Thanks for the info. Plans are in motion for me to perhaps get this done.

It sounds like Revo's map is as good as most and worthwhile.

q5man and FBF01 like this.
  29. Behind The Bins

Behind The Bins Active Member

Anyone know how is APR stage 1 is available on FL? Its a bit unclear from their website. Also do they insist on DSG remapping?
    Like the ability to switch, ok its not the original map but same output

30. Seanix

Seanix Member

APR tune for the FL isn't released yet.

Dsg tune is not required for stage 1.

Current: 2018 RS3 Sedan
    Past: 2016 RS3 SB

31. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Released next week. Yet again, on their insta. Dyno showing something over 500bhp. Crazy

Phil3 likes this.
  32. neg

neg Active Member

On a slight curve ball has anyone noticed Racingline has now released their Stage1 tune too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33. Avatar

34. D0C

If APR are getting over 500bhp from just a map, I would question how safe it is given that Revo, MRC and some of the other reputable VAG tuners are only getting 470-480?

Are APR just chasing the headline number? Is it safe? Or have they really worked out a way to extract an extra 30bhp from software?

35. FBF01

FBF01 Well-Known Member

Couldn’t agree more, why I will be going Revo. Hopefully waiting till the offer some discount, such as the Black Friday for the 20% discount. Even 10% I’d be happy with!

Read my ECU and Revo don’t have a file yet for it, so would take 3 days he said. Maybe bit too soon for me. Insurance only wanted an extra 100 for the map, now until November which I didn’t think was bad, 26 quid of that was their admin fee

36. Boosta

Boosta Member Team Daytona Audi RS3 Sportback

I was told yesterday that the they can remove the td1 flag from the ecu now during the remap, just waiting on email from the programmer to confirm

37. T-800

T-800 Well-Known Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi RS3 quattro Sportback S tronic MQB Platform

The TD1 flag isn’t ‘in’ the ECU.

Marshy likes this.
  38. D0C

Can you expand on that @T-800

39. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Well-Known Member

From a trusted source, the delta gain is over 100hp on the Stage 1 APR tune with 93 (98 UK). They have reverse engineered the ECU and worked on the car extensively for the last 12 months. I remember reading that they fitted a load of sensors that Audi had used in development and then removed again for production and this is where they apparently get the better gains from.

The graph that they are showing on Instagram and FB displays around 530whp which equates to around 580bhp. This is simply a Stage 1 on their E85 map. Taken from the car that run the 10.55 1/4m back in October 2017.

Stage 2 on E85 presumably then has to break 600hp.

Tune details should be released Monday afternoon / evening in the U.K.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    q5man, Seanix and evil_scooby like this.
  40. evil_scooby

evil_scooby Active Member

Exciting times :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Behind The Bins likes this.
  41. D0C

So we are saying that APR really is the tune to go for?

If this is the case, their numbers for stage 1 are exceeding stage 2 from elsewhere. Seems a no brainier.

q5man likes this.
  42. Leo-RS

Leo-RS Well-Known Member

I think so Doc yes. They’ve had it in house and been testing it for a year so you can’t fault their R&D with the engine. Saying that, so have Revo and they are promoting upto 90hp gains by the looks of things.

However, APR do have a tendency to go OTT with marketing and promotion. That 10.55 file for example was from a test car, is it really going to be the same for production cars? Do they knock it back down to 90% for the market in order to make it more reliable. Will anyone manage to extract the same dyno and drag strip figures?

Keeping an open mind until I see some independent tests. That and it’s a right ball ache and expensive to get E85 in the U.K.

£131 for a 25l drum of E85 and with a higher consumption rate to that of SUL then a trip to the dragstrip to prove these times is going to be pretty expensive.

43. JamesCrs3

JamesCrs3 Active Member

Be happy to race any APR / Revo cars down santapod with my MRC stage 2 if anyone is up for it let me know.

q5man, FBF01 and D0C like this.