Revo Intake Strange Noise

PeteB8P

Audi S3 Sportback 8P
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here and this might well sound stupid.. I've just picked up a 2011 DSG S3 Sportback which I'm in lovewith. Everything seems fine performance wise etc other than a strange noise which seems to be coming from the Revo intake under the bonnet when accelerating. It almost sounds like a grinding noise but I'm thinking it could also just be the noise off the intake suckling in cold air as its not a closed unit like the OEM box? So basically is this normal to sound like that or not. Any help is appreciated thanks.

The “normal” Revo noise is like Darth Vader is hiding in your glove box.

Reactions: PeteB8P
The “normal” Revo noise is like Darth Vader is hiding in your glove box.

Cheers for the reply bud, That made me laugh a little. Yeah that makes sense then I thought Im just being paranoid as its new. It's a stage 1.5 with a healthy 330bhp it sounds amazing when giving it some but low revs when boosting that's what I can hear, Defo a Darth Vader noise!

Certainly wouldn't hurt to check fluid levels if you think it might be a grinding noise. Would be totally free to check fluids and cheaper to top up if required rather than leaving it and something running dry.