Revo induction kit good?

TommyH88

Reaction score
What are people's opinions on this induction kit? Car is stock atm and s tronic but don't want nothing to intrusive and loud. Is the price good also?

514b032564d414ca6a3cd6d94fb02ea8.jpg

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
I've heard that these are good yes, I have the wide pipe ramair and I can't fault it! It is fairly loud tho, you get a loud induction note when accelerating, if you want something quiet then your best getting one with a enclosed filter like forge twin take or carbonio

Excellent product and good offer from TSR.

Just fitted mine last night and im very pleased with it.
I recommend buying from LVS racing, they are on here !
LVS managed to do it for cheaper then what you have seen aswell :)

Yeah I would love to see how it sounds from inside. Obv I no it's gonna be louder than standard but some are well loud

I went from a Forge Twintake to a Revo and I would say it's considerably louder.

Did it feel better than the forge? Mines dsg so won't be as loud as on a manual I doubt as changes are quicker so less of a dump noise

Hard to say, They definitely flow better so yeah.

Not sure what it would sound like with a DSG....

I may have to treat the car to a revo intake. Will help when I get it mapped

Intake doesn't do much until you reach stage 2 or above. The best bang for buck on these cars is a) stage 1 map, b) downpipe with de-cat/sportscat and c) uprated ARBs i.e. H&R

It's only good if there is significant improvement with before and after dyno runs over a new oe panel filter.

You may find this interesting - https://www.vwheritage.com/blog/2015/03/12/revo-test-2005-mk5-golf-gti-dyno/

Also the great thing about the Revo Intake is that it's a one piece mandrel bent pipe, rather than being made up like a Meccano kit of many separate parts which will mess the air flow up, the MAF scaling is also spot on and it's known to be the best flowing intake on the market, recently having a price drop too, so even better value than ever. Enjoy!

Wow! Those are some impressive figures for a car with that mileage. Shows how good these engines are when maintained properly