Revo CAI

paddy

Reaction score
Quick question, is there any point in running a revo CAI with a stage 1 on a S3 ?

TIA

Stage 1 is designed to work using standard hardware. However, I had an APR stage 1+ added to my S3 with the standard airbox and VWR foam filter. The car made the advertised torque figures and pulled well mid range. The power tailed off at the top end a bit early losing me 10 BHP compared to advertised. The tuner said that the standard air box was restricting air flow at the top end.
The Revo intake is quite noisy with sucking noises but you will get nice chirrup noises as you change gear when giving it the beans.

thanks prt
I have done 50k miles on my stage 1 and thought i remembered reading you really need stg2 to benefit from a CIAI but what you say about peak flow makes sense., i don't mind a bit of induction noise but when you say quite noisy i wonder if there is a "bit noisier" option rather than "quite noisy" option available available :)

Anything with an open cone will give you Darthvader Vader breathing noises! The VWR closed intake is quieter but costs more. Also at least one pipe needs to be shortened to prevent any rubbing on the biscuit barrel air filter case.

Reactions: paddy
I'd go with a VWR paddy.
I have both and I just got sick of the noise from the Revo so took it off, it's generally not a nice noise either tbh.
The VWR is similar sounding but you don't hear it as much inside the car as it pulls the air from the outside

Reactions: paddy, downtothebone and nluk100
You can hear the revo from 3 minutes onwards in my video:

Just try and ignore the sound of the exhaust, the revo is loud if you've got the standard exhaust but compliments an aftermarket exhaust. All depends if you like the sound of the turbo and diverter valve making noises or not

Reactions: paddy
Years ago i had 2.8 Golf V6....remember them :), i put a K&N cone filter on it and turned it in to what can only be described as an asthmatic 60 fags a day thing....The more you put your foot down, the louder it got and the slower it went. The only real advantage was experiencing the power increase when i took it off again :)

I have the revo on my a3 and it does get some getting used to the darth vader sounds! But all in all i love it and goes well with my milltek exhaust. They have proven to increase performance paddy so i dont think its all noise and no gains

Years ago i had 2.8 Golf V6....remember them :), i put a K&N cone filter on it and turned it in to what can only be described as an asthmatic 60 fags a day thing....The more you put your foot down, the louder it got and the slower it went. The only real advantage was experiencing the power increase when i took it off again :)
****** hell, K&N!!! i remember when they were all the rage lol had to have one on me old RS Turbo lol