REVO booked in, Friday 13th though!

gynads

Reaction score
Booked in at corten miller near skegness, met the guys before and seemed very keen and knew what they were on about. Had a long chat this morning and after giving comprehensive answers to all my questions i decided to make the booking. Also included in the price they are fitting my CAI (probably forge) and supply and fit the new 'D' type recirc valve, which i thought was more than reasonable....

i`ll keep you all posted!

Just a quick one guys, can i specify anything for the remap? ie how i want the car to respond etc? i know the evo lads can get pops and bangs mapped in!

im gonna go there aswell, but not now maybe next month, i just brought a carbonio intake + scorpion cat-back will fit it at simon thorpes on wendesday..

Just a quick one guys, can i specify anything for the remap? ie how i want the car to respond etc? i know the evo lads can get pops and bangs mapped in!

Audi drivers don't do pops and bangs!
My Revo has peformance or aggressive boost

Stock revo or stage 2 upwards?

Revo's always tend to be very volatile, but fun, lol

Pops and bangs means either misfires,overfuelling,or retarded ignition and on some cars,ALS.

Most are easy enough to program into a car's ECU(with the exception of ALS),but it won't make it go faster.

Mine gives a very occasional and pretty muffled bang if it's being pushed hard,between the gears,but nothing more than that.

The programming can include boost settings that are less aggressive(and mine's only on 7/9),which can make the torque curve and delivery smoother,as well as a bit stronger,according to AMD,but other than that,you would need the serial port switch and software to alter settings on your own.

im gonna go there aswell, but not now maybe next month, i just brought a carbonio intake + scorpion cat-back will fit it at simon thorpes on wendesday..
wicked!! we will definately have to meet up when im home again :thumbsup:

My Revo has peformance or aggressive boost
oh i do apologise! lol how do you mean performance or aggressive boost?

Stock revo or stage 2 upwards?

Revo's always tend to be very volatile, but fun, lol
It`s just a stock revo bud (stage 1), although i am having a CAI fitted in conjunction with the code (forge or evoms)

Pops and bangs means either misfires,overfuelling,or retarded ignition and on some cars,ALS.

Most are easy enough to program into a car's ECU(with the exception of ALS),but it won't make it go faster.

Mine gives a very occasional and pretty muffled bang if it's being pushed hard,between the gears,but nothing more than that.

The programming can include boost settings that are less aggressive(and mine's only on 7/9),which can make the torque curve and delivery smoother,as well as a bit stronger,according to AMD,but other than that,you would need the serial port switch and software to alter settings on your own.

ahhhhh, I see. I guess it`s just a case of speaking with the tuner and asking him to make it fairly aggressive?

Thanks for the replys gents. I am very excited!

oh i do apologise! lol how do you mean performance or aggressive boost?

one scares the bejesus out of you when the turbo kicks in and the other does it quicker ;)

It`s just a stock revo bud (stage 1), although i am having a CAI fitted in conjunction with the code (forge or evoms)

ahhhhh, I see. I guess it`s just a case of speaking with the tuner and asking him to make it fairly aggressive?

Thanks for the replys gents. I am very excited!

Revo remaps are said to be more aggressive in the way the boost is applied than some others,but I can't comment myself on that.

You would need the CAI and exhaust to gain the benefit from anything other than a Stage 1 remap,and you certainly won't be getting any pops and bangs from that.

To be honest,forget how it sounds,and focus on how it drives,and how well it goes compared to what it was previously.

I've had a car which would shoot flames and make your ears bleed from all the noise,and at times it's amusing,but you wouldn't want to do a long drive.

!

If I was you mate I'd go straight to revo 2 tbh or even 2+ but that would need uprated parts but what fun that would be huh, lol

Gynads - with Revo you can do your own tuning. Ask your dealer about the Select+ switch (about £50 I think) and ask NHN about Vagcom (or VCDS as its now known). With these two tools you can change the Boost, Timing and Fuelling behaviour of the remap on your car. Only Revo offers this and its one of the main reasons for choosing it.

Revo remaps are said to be more aggressive in the way the boost is applied than some others,but I can't comment myself on that.

You would need the CAI and exhaust to gain the benefit from anything other than a Stage 1 remap,and you certainly won't be getting any pops and bangs from that.

To be honest,forget how it sounds,and focus on how it drives,and how well it goes compared to what it was previously.

I've had a car which would shoot flames and make your ears bleed from all the noise,and at times it's amusing,but you wouldn't want to do a long drive.

too true! i have just come from a supercharged Type R running 750cc`s which was like a dragon with swine flu! im not after the bangs etc was just interested btw

If I was you mate I'd go straight to revo 2 tbh or even 2+ but that would need uprated parts but what fun that would be huh, lol

hmmmm i`d love to! dont think i could sneak that one past the missus! how much is it for the parts required for the 2/2+ am i right in thinking i need the fuel pump (autotech) , down pipe/sports cat, and CAI?

Gynads - with Revo you can do your own tuning. Ask your dealer about the Select+ switch (about £50 I think) and ask NHN about Vagcom (or VCDS as its now known). With these two tools you can change the Boost, Timing and Fuelling behaviour of the remap on your car. Only Revo offers this and its one of the main reasons for choosing it.

funnily enough i have just been reading up on this looks brilliant! is it fairly user friendly? and is it still safe ie there are still parameters in place to stop you say advancing the ignition, or upping the boost levels beyond that of a safe limit?

funnily enough i have just been reading up on this looks brilliant! is it fairly user friendly? and is it still safe ie there are still parameters in place to stop you say advancing the ignition, or upping the boost levels beyond that of a safe limit?

Yep - all within safe limits. Very user friendly. Just need a laptop and (ideally but not totally necessary) Vagcom.

hmmmm i`d love to! dont think i could sneak that one past the missus! how much is it for the parts required for the 2/2+ am i right in thinking i need the fuel pump (autotech) , down pipe/sports cat, and CAI?

Price for Stage 2+....all the bits would come to about £2k ish.

The serial port switch....it allows you a degree of control over parameters such as boost,timing and fuelling,but the ECU will still detect the onset of detonation etc and should back things off.

It will not however prevent you doing something daft such as setting the parameters for Super Unleaded with added octane booster and then filling it with 2 star......like all of these things,when you take the engine beyond it's original setup you do have to be a bit more careful.

There are a couple of build threads here relating to big turbo kits on S3s,both of which ended up with holed pistons....

ouch! cool thanks alex. What sort of figures do you guys think i will make? i have ordered an EVOMS intake kit with the heat sheild too BTW.

ouch! cool thanks alex. What sort of figures do you guys think i will make? i have ordered an EVOMS intake kit with the heat sheild too BTW.

Stage 1 with EVOMs but standard exhaust - about 325bhp I'd guess. The CAI without an exhaust won'y give you any more power really.

I think I saw u yestoday on a180 coming the other way?? Unless it was some one else?

I sincerely hope not Hasan! I'm offshore till Wednesday on this floating sausage fest! maybe the missus took it for a spin! I'll take you for a blast when It`s REVO'd if you like? :icon_thumright:

I sincerely hope not Hasan! I'm offshore till Wednesday on this floating sausage fest! maybe the missus took it for a spin! I'll take you for a blast when It`s REVO'd if you like? :icon_thumright:
yh kool i just had my scorpion and carbon intake fitted..

sweet! whats it sound like? any difference in performance?

sweet! whats it sound like? any difference in performance?
yh i can feel the diffance nothing amazing but low down seems different + turbo + blow off valve is louder the exhaust is like standerd but deeper..

Made 314bhp transformed the car, sound wicked too! REVO ftw!
Excellent service, I'll try post a vid up of it on the rollers

l did, but then again it was the crappy extreme GIAC map that caused it.

was u in immingham yesterday?
want to meet up?

dont see it touching the red line! K04s were designed to run at 7-8k rpm :p
im scared! nah i just did it for the sound tbh, and as you can see from the video i was v low on v power!

was u in immingham yesterday?
want to meet up?

no bud, not that i can remember! im off to damons tonight for a pals birthday or i would, will deffo soon though

is the DV LOUD? where can i source one from my blow off spacer has a wooossh sound i ill your ones sound?

yeah its noisey, sounds cool, its just the type D one (oem Audi) about £40 odd quid i believe, there are some reports on here and part numbers etc, i think yours would make the same noise if you removed the spacer tbh?