Reviews

He is all over the FB groups etc first this, first that…….

Maybe he should return it to s*itfinite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It did a couple of things that I imagine all RS3's do, on kick down 'went into neutral, screamed it's head off' mine will do that, almost as if you catch the gearbox napping, my Golf R didnt do that, Stops pretty good, that'll be the wider fronts then

it isn't napping, it does it to build boost before re-engaging the clutch to give you a rolling launch effect with max accel, feels quick when it goes albeit with a very slight delay.

not ideal in that situation on a car wow race, but that's how the race is set up. I'd be in manual a few lower gears on the road at that point.

it isn't napping, it does it to build boost before re-engaging the clutch to give you a rolling launch effect with max accel, feels quick when it goes albeit with a very slight delay.

not ideal in that situation on a car wow race, but that's how the race is set up. I'd be in manual a few lower gears on the road at that point.
If you drive something like a BMW M2 DCT you start to realise what a POS the Audi/VW STronic/DSG is......................It's gearchange is slow/does'nt happen when requested in Manual mode which make it nigh on impossible to guesstimate when to pull the '+' paddle if trying for a 1st/2nd gear change, you either get it too early or too late and end up with a rpm limiter cut, iv'e given up trying the 1st-2nd in manual mode on hard acceleration

Reactions: IanL-RS3
If you drive something like a BMW M2 DCT you start to realise what a POS the Audi/VW STronic/DSG is......................It's gearchange is slow/does'nt happen when requested in Manual mode which make it nigh on impossible to guesstimate when to pull the '+' paddle if trying for a 1st/2nd gear change, you either get it too early or too late and end up with a rpm limiter cut, iv'e given up trying the 1st-2nd in manual mode on hard acceleration

So I’ve owned an 8v RS3, M2C and now the 8Y. I can concur the M2C box imo felt far more responsive etc.

Reactions: Mike.46
So I’ve owned an 8v RS3, M2C and now the 8Y. I can concur the M2C box imo felt far more responsive etc.

However the DSG in our S3 rev matches on the way down and is smooth on the way up which is great.

This was something that annoyed me with DCT in that M1 was smooth up (and give a nice exuast pop) but you could only get rev-matching on the way down if you were in M2 or M3. M2 or M3 is too aggressive on the way up and chirps the TC all the time.

However the DSG in our S3 rev matches on the way down and is smooth on the way up which is great.

This was something that annoyed me with DCT in that M1 was smooth up (and give a nice exuast pop) but you could only get rev-matching on the way down if you were in M2 or M3. M2 or M3 is too aggressive on the way up and chirps the TC all the time.

Yeah I think the RS3 box (I know it’s different to the S3) is a better box for day to day.

I had my 8v mapped to stage 1 but didn’t hang onto it long enough to get the box mapped. Looking forward to doing this in the 8Y.

Not sure if this has been posted already ?

Reactions: kayemill, Mr Freeze, Terminator x and 2 others

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230423_140555_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230423_140555_Instagram.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Love
Reactions: kayemill, Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and 3 others
How is your order progressing snake?
very well thanks mate - took delivery of the new car in February :icon thumright:
and I'm loving the 'floret' vibe again ;)

Car pic

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Kevmoz, NevMan and 8 others
  • Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Mr Freeze
Our @Snake Pliskin Glen didn't want to offend other RS3 8y owners/Brag about ditching his 8Y for a true performance car such a Gentleman he is Nev

It is bizarre that prospective RS3 owners are having to wait 18+ months in many cases, probably longer than Porsches lists in many cases

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Awesome mate, and loving the “floret” vibe. Is that GT Silver Metallic? More pics please, and where is your thread?
Our @Snake Pliskin Glen didn't want to offend other RS3 8y owners/Brag about ditching his 8Y for a true performance car such a Gentleman he is Nev
Yeah as Jassy says I went under the radar with this one - I took delivery around the time when many who had been waiting ages for an 8Y were in limbo or even had deposits refunded. As you say its crazy how the RS3 can be in such short supply. I'm glad I had an opportunity to try out an 8y so I will never be left wondering what if.
I've definitely got that 'every drive feels special' feel back again as I had with my 8v and the paint I'm sure is exactly the same as floret. Yes it is GT silver. I made my mind up on day 1 I was going that colour. I'm looking forward to some decent weather so I can enjoy it properly.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 5 others

M2 VS RS3

Reactions: Jaeger12 and Daggerit
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think the RS3 actually did alright considering it was on some of the worst possible tyres for the conditions. Never going to beat the RS7 flat out with the power difference, I'm more surprised that it stuck with it as much as it did!
The RS5 looks and sounds superb.
The exhaust note actually sounds really good.
I would like to hear that in real life.

Reactions: Daggerit
The RS5 looks and sounds superb.
The exhaust note actually sounds really good.
I would like to hear that in real life.
That must be something different they've done with the Competition's exhaust over the standard car then I'd say, just because I recall the cars sounding alright but nothing special. Maybe they've managed to tune things or fit different OPFs to get some more burbles and things.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
That must be something different they've done with the Competition's exhaust over the standard car then I'd say, just because I recall the cars sounding alright but nothing special. Maybe they've managed to tune things or fit different OPFs to get some more burbles and things.
Yeah it's bespoke exhaust for the competition car - so they can bend the sound police rules when they want to.

Reactions: Daggerit
I thought the RS3 performance had a modified exhaust over the standard RS3 sports exhaust..? But, by the sounds of it not all that.

I thought the RS3 performance had a modified exhaust over the standard RS3 sports exhaust..? But, by the sounds of it not all that.
Same exhaust no different.
The ECU calibration is slightly different and a smidge more power, but 8Y’s already make more than stock anyway.

Reactions: cooperp
Reactions: IanL-RS3