Reviews

I’m shocked, shocked I tell you. The most powerful car of the same platform won the drag race.

Joking aside, the R still put up a good show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You meant the most expensive and most powerful car won it Emphasise on most expensive

popped up last night..

Fair and positive review although he does mention the 5 cylinder sound is significantly muffled ...if only it sounded how the 8v did

Reactions: Daggerit and Mike.46
Fair and positive review although he does mention the 5 cylinder sound is significantly muffled ...if only it sounded how the 8v did

Aye but that would make it illegal over here

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Reactions: Terminator x, kayemill and RS03???

memories:: First time I jumped in and drove the ur-Quattro, I could not believe the steering precision/feel and of course the engine and the gearbox singing together.
OK it under- steered, tram-lined like todays Lane assist randomly kicking in. Was rare then, even rarer now to be seen on the roads.

Good show from the RS3.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03???, Daggerit, mb127 and 1 other person
Good show from the RS3.

TX.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

It put up a good show for sure, but a warm day and I imagine the result would be very different. Still pretty impressive though.

It put up a good show for sure, but a warm day and I imagine the result would be very different. Still pretty impressive though.

You also need to factor in that a far higher percentage of drivers could drive the RS3 in a similar fashion to the way it was being driven in the video whereas not so many would even complete the lap in the Lamborghini, it even bit Rory and he's probably a step up from 'Mr Average driver'

Reactions: Daggerit
You also need to factor in that a far higher percentage of drivers could drive the RS3 in a similar fashion to the way it was being driven in the video whereas not so many would even complete the lap in the Lamborghini, it even bit Rory and he's probably a step up from 'Mr Average driver'

Very valid point. If it was on something like Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres though, they basically turn to hard plastic in the cold so it’s no wonder it was all over the shop.

Very valid point. If it was on something like Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres though, they basically turn to hard plastic in the cold so it’s no wonder it was all over the shop.

I had an 2013 R8 V10 manual and that tried to bite me in the dry on a straight road (back end just popped out at about 30mph) R8 can be a little tricky due to the mechanical old school plate diff in the rear (as can it's sister car from Lamborghini) they also will not tolerate ANY variation in rear tyre size circumference and need a pair of rear tyres if one is punctured (within reason) anything over about 10mm difference between the two rear tyres circumference (dress makers tape or some of that plastic binding used around parcels is good for measuring this)

I test drove one at Chingford Audi some years back, it was downright dangerous, it's not really noticeable as the diff locks up with increasing power as you sub consciously steer into the pull from the rear, but, the moment you lift off and the diff releases the car will change lanes quicker than you could make it, scary if your steering around a corner at the same time, luckily this one jumped to the right, if it had jumped to the left we would have been in the Armco, the salesman sh*t himself

Reactions: Daggerit
I had an 2013 R8 V10 manual and that tried to bite me in the dry on a straight road (back end just popped out at about 30mph) R8 can be a little tricky due to the mechanical old school plate diff in the rear (as can it's sister car from Lamborghini) they also will not tolerate ANY variation in rear tyre size circumference and need a pair of rear tyres if one is punctured (within reason) anything over about 10mm difference between the two rear tyres circumference (dress makers tape or some of that plastic binding used around parcels is good for measuring this)

I test drove one at Chingford Audi some years back, it was downright dangerous, it's not really noticeable as the diff locks up with increasing power as you sub consciously steer into the pull from the rear, but, the moment you lift off and the diff releases the car will change lanes quicker than you could make it, scary if your steering around a corner at the same time, luckily this one jumped to the right, if it had jumped to the left we would have been in the Armco, the salesman sh*t himself
It’s called liftoff oversteer, it’s one of the biggest mistakes people do when they lose traction on a mid/rear engined car which causes the car to oversteer to the other direction, you should keep the throttle and lift off linearly (as he did in the video but it was just too late to correct but better than a spin if he lifted, I do own an R8 v10 22 and 22 STO and own/ed others).

Reactions: Mike.46
It’s called liftoff oversteer, it’s one of the biggest mistakes people do when they lose traction on a mid/rear engined car which causes the car to oversteer to the other direction, you should keep the throttle and lift off linearly (as he did in the video but it was just too late to correct but better than a spin if he lifted, I do own an R8 v10 22 and 22 STO and own/ed others).
No, I'm aware of lift off oversteer, this is two rear tyres with about an inch difference in their circumference (A tyre is about 6 feet in circumference) every 6 revolutions it is trying to push one rear tyre 6 inches further forward, once your aware of it you can mess around with power on/power off and the car will go all over the road if you just hold the steering straight.

Porsche 964 Turbo's were a nightmare for it as they had a (from memory) a 20/80 locking diff (may have been even higher) my customer had a new rear tyre fitted and sh*t himself it was that scary, he had the car recovered to us on a low loader, wouldnt drive it he thought something had broke on the rear suspension, rear tyres had about an inch difference in circmuference even though he replaced the Bridgestone for the exact same tyre after getting a puncture

Reactions: shahaf2911
No, I'm aware of lift off oversteer, this is two rear tyres with about an inch difference in their circumference (A tyre is about 6 feet in circumference) every 6 revolutions it is trying to push one rear tyre 6 inches further forward, once your aware of it you can mess around with power on/power off and the car will go all over the road if you just hold the steering straight.

Porsche 964 Turbo's were a nightmare for it as they had a (from memory) a 20/80 locking diff (may have been even higher) my customer had a new rear tyre fitted and sh*t himself it was that scary, he had the car recovered to us on a low loader, wouldnt drive it he thought something had broke on the rear suspension, rear tyres had about an inch difference in circmuference even though he replaced the Bridgestone for the exact same tyre after getting a puncture

No where near as bad of an experience for me, but I recognise the difference it makes. Had a GT86 that felt like it was crabbing or pulling to one side on acceleration, turned out I had a slow puncture that hadn’t even triggered the TPMS but was still enough to make the handling sketchy because of the LSD.

Reactions: Mike.46
@shahaf2911

^^ STO?! Pics or it never happened ;)

TX.
Anyone can drop a pic from the web and state it’s his you know right ?
But I’ll add a nice pic from the temporary garage after a good wash as you asked haha

I didn’t know it could have such an effect (as I never got to that point of tire difference), you learn something everyday good to know :)

Attachments

• 2D3DBEC7-6D03-4C21-B172-F548017B84CC.jpeg
    2D3DBEC7-6D03-4C21-B172-F548017B84CC.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 147
  • Love
Reactions: Terminator x and kayemill
Dyno test

Reactions: Scooby216 and RS03???
Interesting,I wonder what was up with the A45?

Water pump needed replacing according to the owner after he went to Merc with it.
Says they were still testing it after replacement.

Wow, it put up a good showing considering the competition. And that the only cars faster on the track were super cars or super track focused cars like the GT4 RS.

That said, I imagine it would’ve been a few seconds slower without the super sticky tyres on it…

Reactions: itsbigyellow