Reviews

Crazy times more powerful car is faster than less powerful car.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

BMW M 240 vs RS3 8Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do find it impressive that the BMW managed an almost identical time with less power and more weight. They did make special note that they think it was on the superior tyre but no idea how much faster it would be in reality. Good showing from them both.

I do find it impressive that the BMW managed an almost identical time with less power and more weight. They did make special note that they think it was on the superior tyre but no idea how much faster it would be in reality. Good showing from them both.

Must be something going on as same time yet heavier and less power is breaking the laws of physics.

TX.

Reactions: Daggerit
Must be something going on as same time yet heavier and less power is breaking the laws of physics.

TX.

I’m sure having an extra cog in that gearbox could certainly be helping, and that engine is likely close to the actual output of the Audi as well I’d imagine. So maybe not as strange as I initially thought, but I imagine those tyres are certainly helping.

Oh dear

Getting as bad as Archie

So I can't even get a build week and these tw*ts are in their 2nd RS3 already :rage:

TX.

Come on John, your lagging behind……

Dealer emailed me just now, they just had a build date(July) for an exclusive they ordered in……….august last year

Reactions: NevMan
Did they not say in their previous videos they where going to mod it like hell? I’m sure I done more mods than them

They did, and you DEFINITELY have!

Reactions: billymc92
They'll tolerate the RS3's bad points and get another just because it'll get their channels more dosh that's good Business for you tubers.... at least he was honest goes like a RS3 steers like a TT.....:whistle2:

And of course the BMW 240i has the better interior That's the thing with quarter/half mile times etc etc are for Tubers viewing numbers £££££ owning/using/paying for the car as a daily is a world apart from Draggy stop watching youtubers....loads of back slapping going on ...in here ???

Add to that Audi's...deplorable/diabolical customer's ordering service.........
How do you figure the M240i has the better interior? Because motor journalists told you? I have been in both the M135i and S3 8Y one after the other for 24 hours test drives. Contrary to what motor journalists told me the S3 had the better interior. The motor journalist world has always been very biased to BMW! Test drive both yourself then make an assessment don't rely on other people's opinions.

Reactions: mb127 and Daggerit
How do you figure the M240i has the better interior? Because motor journalists told you? I have been in both the M135i and S3 8Y one after the other for 24 hours test drives. Contrary to what motor journalists told me the S3 had the better interior. The motor journalist world has always been very biased to BMW! Test drive both yourself then make an assessment don't rely on other people's opinions.

I’ll definitely second that. I have a friend with an M135i and although it’s a good interior I definitely wouldn’t say that it’s much, if any, better than the RS3.

On my test drive as soon as I put it in RS Performance mode and started having fun I forgot all about the interior being almost identical to a normal A3. And for me, that’s one of the reasons I still want the car because I find the drive fun. Would a more exciting interior be preferable? Absolutely. Is it what the car is about though? I’d argue not.

Reactions: mb127
I’ll definitely second that. I have a friend with an M135i and although it’s a good interior I definitely wouldn’t say that it’s much, if any, better than the RS3.

On my test drive as soon as I put it in RS Performance mode and started having fun I forgot all about the interior being almost identical to a normal A3. And for me, that’s one of the reasons I still want the car because I find the drive fun. Would a more exciting interior be preferable? Absolutely. Is it what the car is about though? I’d argue not.

The M135i buttons and screens aren't as good quality as the S3. They don't go as bright and are certainly not as sharp. The seats aren't as good and the nappa leather with the diamond stitching just feels classier than the leather you find in the M135i. Both have low down scratchy plastics. The arm rest in the M135i isn't damped when you put it up and back down, it just slams down like something really poor quality. The internal door handles in the M135i feel cheap. The interior ambient lights in the M135i are of a much lower quality than what you find in this S3. The gear stick feels cheap and what really annoyed me what the Hill hold assist - In the M135i you had to slam the brake hard for it to one in the S3 it's effortless. I'd say the only thing that was better in the M135i was the carpets and the M stitching on the seat belts. Everything else you touch and feel is just so much better in the S3.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Daggerit
Lol true…. Nowt in it really. A draw

Still don't get it though as M240 is heavier and has less power :confused: M2 when it arrives will be nuts!

TX.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Still don't get it though as M240 is heavier and has less power :confused: M2 when it arrives will be nuts!

TX.

I’d imagine the tyres are helping a lot, but it’s obviously a fast platform as well.

I did notice that he was going into corners off throttle in the RS3 and that’s when I found you got understeer. Best feel for me was slow down then be on the throttle round and out of the corner so I don’t know if a change of driving style and the same tyres as the BMW would’ve helped the RS3’s time.

Reactions: Keano04

TX.

don’t John……..you’ll get everyone cancelling orders.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Jassyo06
don’t John……..you’ll get everyone cancelling orders.

I love my M2 (current car) it just scares the crap out of me in the wet or damp conditions! Hell even on a dry day it can go pear shaped - just the other day I was "having a play" on a perfectly dry road and it nearly put me in the ditch!

TX.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, Mike.46 and 1 other person
I love my M2 (current car) it just scares the crap out of me in the wet or damp conditions! Hell even on a dry day it can go pear shaped - just the other day I was "having a play" on a perfectly dry road and it nearly put me in the ditch!

TX.

Hmmm not much fun if it’s trying to see you off though……

Reactions: 3vans and Mr Freeze

TX.
Not to start a dyno debate but this M240 on this particular dyno has 406hp & 560Nm stock.

Still rather have the RS3 though
:yes:

Great thread, nice to finally hear some reviews.
Ordered a SB Daytona Vorsprung but still debating a change to Carbon because of that ridiculous steering wheel !

Did the same and I don’t regret it

Well for a start the new 240im interior is based on the new 3 series not the 1 series that's why it's interior is better l have driven mostly every performance bmw in the last few years....as my son was a manager for BMW...so your presumption of where my opinion comes from is wrong

Last edited:
The M135i buttons and screens aren't as good quality as the S3. They don't go as bright and are certainly not as sharp. The seats aren't as good and the nappa leather with the diamond stitching just feels classier than the leather you find in the M135i. Both have low down scratchy plastics. The arm rest in the M135i isn't damped when you put it up and back down, it just slams down like something really poor quality. The internal door handles in the M135i feel cheap. The interior ambient lights in the M135i are of a much lower quality than what you find in this S3. The gear stick feels cheap and what really annoyed me what the Hill hold assist - In the M135i you had to slam the brake hard for it to one in the S3 it's effortless. I'd say the only thing that was better in the M135i was the carpets and the M stitching on the seat belts. Everything else you touch and feel is just so much better in the S3.
Some rant that mate but on a lighter note as long as your happy with your S3 that's all that matters ....l think you've gotten a little confused with the 1 series and the new 2 series they're built on different platforms....ergo the 2 series has a 3 series interior

Reactions: NevMan and Daggerit
Some rant that mate but on a lighter note as long as your happy with your S3 that's all that matters ....l think you've gotten a little confused with the 1 series and the new 2 series they're built on different platforms....ergo the 2 series has a 3 series interior

I don’t know what’s different between the 1, 2 and 3 series specifically, but the 3 certainly feels a lot more premium than the 2 when you sit in them back to back. Just wouldn’t be able to tell you exactly what the differences are.

e0a07894836acb14a5c5370c790c779b.jpg

I still like the Audi interior better, but I agree for the car you’re buying it could definitely be made to feel a bit more special from factory.

I don’t know what’s different between the 1, 2 and 3 series specifically, but the 3 certainly feels a lot more premium than the 2 when you sit in them back to back. Just wouldn’t be able to tell you exactly what the differences are.

e0a07894836acb14a5c5370c790c779b.jpg

I still like the Audi interior better, but I agree for the car you’re buying it could definitely be made to feel a bit more special from factory.

The design of the new 3er dials ruins it for me… prefer the dials in the wife’s 9 year old 1er - classic bmw dials

Prefer the leather in the audi over the bmw leather.

Neither bmw/audi interior is good/bad enough to make me chose one car over the other

Reactions: Daggerit

TX.

Is it a comp?

I found non comp was going to kill me at any minute whereas the comp was more linear and punished you only if you took the pi@s.

Is it a comp?

I found non comp was going to kill me at any minute whereas the comp was more linear and punished you only if you took the pi@s.
Comp yes. TC / sport / mdm is very good tbf I'm just not a great driver!

TX.

Reactions: Keano04, NevMan and 8YARWY
The design of the new 3er dials ruins it for me… prefer the dials in the wife’s 9 year old 1er - classic bmw dials

Prefer the leather in the audi over the bmw leather.

Neither bmw/audi interior is good/bad enough to make me chose one car over the other
That depends on what you prioritise the most ....interior or exterior....BMW's interior wins Audi's exterior on the saloon wins but the sportback just looks a bit ungainly too heavy at the front....in proportion to the rear....Also dependant on how familiar you are with audis virtual cockpit ....you won't be

Annoying as hell…….

Reactions: Mike.46, Daggerit and Jassyo06
Annoying as hell…….

I wasn’t even expecting the RS3 to win on the drag race to be honest. Being a good 100+ hp down, with one fewer gears and also on less grippy tyres it was never going to win the rolling race.

Nothing a simple tune couldn’t fix when they crack the ECU I’d imagine.

Reactions: Mike.46 and Terminator x
Comp yes. TC / sport / mdm is very good tbf I'm just not a great driver!

TX.

Lol. Can appreciate that for sure - it’s an eye opener but very rewarding as you spend more time with it I found… can easily see why rwd/bmw drivers get pulled into track days to learn the driving dynamics in a safer environment.

Reactions: Terminator x