Reviews

For attention of @Snake Pliskin @Keano04 come the better weather get this applied to your RS3 's best on the market as @NevMan will tell you but is the newer so named improved variant

cheers mate - just looked on the web site & watched the video ... looks pretty impressive stuff & incredibly easy to apply

I will definitely look into that a bit more but like the sound of it enhancing the shine / lustre ... sounds spot on.

eouox it be ok on the carbon bits and black roof & black gloss trim ?

Reactions: NevMan, Keano04 and Jassyo06
cheers mate - just looked on the web site & watched the video ... looks pretty impressive stuff & incredibly easy to apply

I will definitely look into that a bit more but like the sound of it enhancing the shine / lustre ... sounds spot on.

Especially on the carbon/lower parts of the car mate .....wash n go after its applied best on the market gloss enhancement is off the scale used it on 2 cars in past.....sublime it is

Reactions: 8YARWY and Snake Pliskin
Especially on the carbon/lower parts of the car mate .....wash n go after its applied best on the market gloss enhancement is off the scale used it on 2 cars in past.....sublime it is

brilliant!
With having a Pearl paint I definitely like the sound of that then plus the added use on the carbon & black sections. I’ll probably get some of that ordered then nice one cheers :icon thumright:

You'll enjoy the new first wash ,,,,also find out where most of the water traps are....ye may even weather permitted get the DA out for smaller areas ie the high gloss black panels on the doors/A/B pillars... looking forward to vader all clean n shiney :thumbs up:

Yeah for sure - do like that first wash to get to know the curves of the car and pick up on some of the details

I’m assuming wing mirrors are going to be a pain for drips… we shall see but there’s bound to be some!!!

I need to get a drier / blower of some sort to help with that.

Paint wasn’t actually bad at all on collection but need to give it a proper look over. I am likely going to leave the DA work until I give it a proper spring clean when it warms up a bit.

Piano black trim around the gear lever/knob is scratched already though

Was going to get a new car detail with gtechniq but having caught up with them now the car is here they can’t do anything until July

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
For attention of @Snake Pliskin @Keano04 come the better weather get this applied to your RS3 's best on the market as @NevMan will tell you but is the newer so named improved variant

Thanks for the tip

I used gyeon leather coat today and sorted the interior. Exterior tomorrow will likely take a bit longer…

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
brilliant!
With having a Pearl paint I definitely like the sound of that then plus the added use on the carbon & black sections. I’ll probably get some of that ordered then nice one cheers :icon thumright:

A coating always helps.

Easier to get the crap off before even doing a touch wash.

I Fusso’d the car as soon as I got it home in 2017 then topped it up every autumn / spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06, Keano04 and 1 other person
A coating always helps.

I Fusso’d the car as soon as I got it home in 2017 then topped it up every autumn / spring

jesus that is impressive !!!

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
jesus that is impressive !!!

When I had a bumper / wing scuff done the guy in the bodyshop had never seen anything as stubborn to be removed as the Fusso99.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
When I had a bumper / wing scuff done the guy in the bodyshop had never seen anything as stubborn to be removed as the Fusso99.

awesome :icon thumright:

A coating always helps.

I’ve used good old fashioned collinite for durability and ease of application but heard good things about fusso - that look rather nice

Fusso is great but such a pain to apply in comparison to other products.

My 8v had turtle wax hybrid sealant topped with turtle wax rinse wax. I had a similar comment from the body shop when I got the front end done, much to my surprise. Not bad for such a cheap product.

Words were, ‘what the hell had you put on it’

• Haha
Fusso is great but such a pain to apply in comparison to other products.

My 8v had turtle wax hybrid sealant topped with turtle wax rinse wax. I had a similar comment from the body shop when I got the front end done, much to my surprise. Not bad for such a cheap product.

Words were, ‘what the hell had you put on it’

Never had an issue myself.
Shorter removal time ensures no issues buffing it off.

I have mine done professionally by a Gyeon accredited detailer using their professional level products. (Approved dealers only). Great stuff

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Never had an issue myself.
Shorter removal time ensures no issues buffing it off.

I’ve applied it fine to but as I say in comparison to other products it’s more of a pain IMO. My tin also dusted up quite a bit after 8 months or so

I have mine done professionally by a Gyeon accredited detailer using their professional level products. (Approved dealers only). Great stuff

I got the 8v done by a Gyeon approved place, looked the nuts… then sold it a few weeks later

I’ve applied it fine to but as I say in comparison to other products it’s more of a pain IMO. My tin also dusted up quite a bit after 8 months or so

I used the liquid one.

Gtechniq Crystal Serum ultra topped with Exo v5. You won’t get a better combination together with it lasting and protecting for an eternity

Reactions: RSt3ve, hef and Snake Pliskin

It really is excellent, and even this time of year a rinse removes most crud. And beading is insane.

b0e432d615ac30207ffbf4d0ec9bcb05.jpg

Reactions: RS03???, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
And is very easy to apply to all areas. Used 2 x coats of MOHS and 1 x topper of Skin. Used a 3rd coat of MOHS on bonnet and front end

Reactions: RS03???, Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
On the subject of coatings,
Paul did a great job of mine using his Modesta Range back in May 18 lol, and its still going strong.

Reactions: NevMan
On the subject of coatings,
Paul did a great job of mine using his Modesta Range back in May 18 lol, and its still going strong.

Jim White uses Modesta too, does appear to be a very good pro only coating

Gtechniq Crystal Serum ultra topped with Exo v5. You won’t get a better combination together with it lasting and protecting for an eternity

Used gtechniq on 3 occasions its no bad stuff exo3/4 crystal serum then l came across the Gyeon Synchro a few years ago l just think it's that bit more special, its subjective l know... l have also used Fireball products now their ceramic products are in another league ....but very expensive but sadly no longer available in the UK

Reactions: RS03??? and Snake Pliskin
Had my test drive today, Daytona launch edition sportback.

Didn’t have the same impact as when I drove my 8v but never the less enjoyed it. Much more dynamic to drive, still sounded mint whilst not as good as the 8v.

Didn’t take any pics because it was freezing. Did two launches but didn’t bother with the dragy box as it was soaking wet!

Very much looking forward to getting mine, albeit no change to build week.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Terminator x, Detail Devil and 1 other person
Had my test drive today, Daytona launch edition sportback.

Didn’t have the same impact as when I drove my 8v but never the less enjoyed it. Much more dynamic to drive, still sounded mint whilst not as good as the 8v.

Didn’t take any pics because it was freezing. Did two launches but didn’t bother with the dragy box as it was soaking wet!

Very much looking forward to getting mine, albeit no change to build week.

You having had a RS3 before is probably why the impact was less to an extent?

You having had a RS3 before is probably why the impact was less to an extent?

Oh undoubtedly yes, I went from an FK8 Type R to my RS3, had only had 4 cylinder front wheel drive cars at that point.

I will say though that I think the 8v had loads more lag, so you would get hit with a ton of boost which made it a bit more dramatic. This is a much more progressive/smoother drive, which I prefer, just explains the impact that the 8v gave.

In summary, pleased, no chance of me cancelling… 5 pot life for the win!

Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Oh undoubtedly yes, I went from an FK8 Type R to my RS3, had only had 4 cylinder front wheel drive cars at that point.

I will say though that I think the 8v had loads more lag, so you would get hit with a ton of boost which made it a bit more dramatic. This is a much more progressive/smoother drive, which I prefer, just explains the impact that the 8v gave.

In summary, pleased, no chance of me cancelling… 5 pot life for the win!

According to some ex 8v owners the 8y has more torque lower down in the rev range then further up the range its like for like with the 8v ,8y's steering is more on point but saying that the 8v's steering was rather without feel
Audi done the same with their EA888 gen 4 320 ps engine they gave it far more low down torque which improved 0-60 times same with 8y's 5 cylinder engine

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Detail Devil
According to some ex 8v owners the 8y has more torque lower down in the rev range then further up the range its like for like with the 8v ,8y's steering is more on point but saying that the 8v's steering was rather without feel
Audi done the same with EA888 gen 4 320 ps engine they gave it far more low down torque which improved 0-60 times same with 8y's 5 cylinder engine

Would totally agree with this, much sharper low down but seemed to flatten out, but then again my 8v was stage 1.

As for the steering, I did take it on some B roads, was out for about 45mins. Still felt very light to me but overall the car was more agile, seemed to harden up in performance mode, felt very light in dynamic still, maybe placebo.

It was wet though and I forgot to check if it was on p zeros… sure felt that way, I could feel it being a little more livey at the back. Where as the 8v would just stick in a sense.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Title of this thread is a bit confusing for us occasional users.
"Reviews" to me means reviews of the actual car (in mags and youtube) rather than a long discussion about polishes.
Would it not be better to discuss polishes in separate thread?
Just my thoughts!

Title of this thread is a bit confusing for us occasional users.
"Reviews" to me means reviews of the actual car (in mags and youtube) rather than a long discussion about polishes.
Would it not be better to discuss polishes in separate thread?
Just my thoughts!
Any casual user who is a Stickler for forum rules will find most threads on this 8Y RS3 threads tend to veer off topic for one reason or another a bit ....just the way it's always been on here

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Looks nice this specific car doesn't have the high gloss black plastic trim on the front grill and on the rear bumper

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and garethdj
"Back to why the RS3 pulled out an advantage despite having a power-to-weight ratio of 251bhp/tonne against the A45 S’s 267bhp/tonne. Both have identical 369lb ft torque figures, but the Audi’s peaks much lower down. All that twist is available from 2,250rpm, whereas in the Merc you don’t have it until 5,000rpm. Since launch control in both dials in at around 4,000rpm, and wheelspin isn’t really a thing, the five-cylinder Audi hooks and goes with a hint more vigour."

Rumor is that the RS3 has more torque than stated by Audi too, 570nm which is about 420ft2.

TX.

Reactions: RS03??? and Snake Pliskin
"Back to why the RS3 pulled out an advantage despite having a power-to-weight ratio of 251bhp/tonne against the A45 S’s 267bhp/tonne. Both have identical 369lb ft torque figures, but the Audi’s peaks much lower down. All that twist is available from 2,250rpm, whereas in the Merc you don’t have it until 5,000rpm. Since launch control in both dials in at around 4,000rpm, and wheelspin isn’t really a thing, the five-cylinder Audi hooks and goes with a hint more vigour."

Rumor is that the RS3 has more torque than stated by Audi too, 570nm which is about 420ft2.

TX.

EvilGT had theirs Dyno’d and it made more torque than factory spec.

Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person

Reactions: Detail Devil, Joey Slats and Daggerit
Used gtechniq on 3 occasions its no bad stuff exo3/4 crystal serum then l came across the Gyeon Synchro a few years ago l just think it's that bit more special, its subjective l know... l have also used Fireball products now their ceramic products are in another league ....but very expensive but sadly no longer available in the UK
Gtechniq is good gear, I've some leather protector that's great.
I've bought some Ethos graphene coating (that I had to get shipped from the US as no graphene costings in the UK at the time, was really expensive mind) to do my 8y when it arrives. Supposed to be great, relatively easy to put on.

First race @7:36

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit

First race @7:36

It was never going to win but I’m impressed with how well it kept up with things considering how much less power it has. Was all but level pegging with the RS5!

Reactions: mb127