REVIEW- ebay seller rsbody panels new wings! yay!

Paul_TDi

Reaction score
Seller- rsbodypanel2012

Righty so before buying I had asked numerous people for pictures and thoughts of the product but ever really got the information I wanted to give me full confidence when buying.

A lot of sigma around pattern parts had put me off for months and my search for good condition original panels was hopeless.

So in June I finally bought a pair of wings in Moro Blue, they were delivered within the 10-14 day time window after ordering, and it's only taken me a month to find time to fit them.

So without any more delay.....the pictures!

First, strip down the front end, took a little longer than expected as I hadn't done it before.

Damaged old wings, crumpled and crumbled in my hands, paint ready to flake off in massive chunks.

Concerning areas of the subframe where the sound deadening was collecting water

All the muck scrapped out from drainage runs, side skirts and bottom of wings.

And finally the wings on, quick polish with Tonys orange rub then a coat of Megs Wax.

So in conclusion.... I've only fitted a wing to my MK4 golf before and that was a 2nd hand original part. The pattern panels fitted really well, the position of the brackets was pretty much spot on, so only needed a little nudge here and there to get a good position.

Paint finish is really nice overall and puts the rest of the tired paintwork to shame.

I think the colour appears slightly darker but when the panels haven't been blended I was expecting some colour difference.

The wings are painted with chip paint on the inside too so the issue won't happen again.

In conclusion I'm really happy with them and much happier now my nasty old rusty wings are gone.

Reactions: Dani_B19, spartacus68, pauldazzle and 1 other person
That looks good Paul. You have done a great job fitting them, they line up really well for non oem parts. Thanks for sharing, I'm sure they will be a few more people thinking about doing theirs now. :) x

Where did you get these panels from? I checked google for RS body panels but could only find somewhere the looks like they do vintage car panels.

Very nice job. I resprayed the wings on my B5 Quattro twice, but once the corrosion starts its very difficult to stop. Pre-painted wings is the way to go.

Exactly that's what I figured.

Annoyingly my car had damage reaching the front and rear arches which a cowboy has repaired in her previous life and the rear drivers arch is also corroding.

This and the corroding bootlid are being repaired and resprayed end of the month. Of course no bodyshop will guarantee corrosion free future.

Shame the rest of the car is looking tired! Lol