Reversing Lights

Mike597

Reaction score
Reversing in a unlit lane the other day I realised how poor the reversing lights are for visibility. I have an 09 sportback 2.0T. I pulled the unit out today to look at the bulb to see if I could find a suitable replacement/upgrade from my stock. I didn't recognise the fitting, it's a push fit like a w5w but the bulb part is much bigger. Checking on a few websites this part is listed as a P21W which is a bayonet fitting. This is definitely wrong, the brake light looked like a P21W but not the reversing light. So to the question...
Can anyone advise me of the correct bulb fitment? Anyone know of a good upgrade bulb that doesn't throw
warnings?

cheers mike

Might have answered my own question, looking at auto bulbs direct they list a w16w for the rear brake light and a P21W for the reversing light, looks like they have these mixed up. Or maybe I'm mixing up the two fitments, don't think so though.

Cheers confirms my understanding. Do you know of any good canbus friendly LED upgrades taht will give me a bit more light output?

No sorry never looked to improve them , maybe T8UPS on here can advise he sells leds