Reversing light (Or lack off ! )

Before

In the garage , but you get the idea , a much brighter , whiter light . It was a force 9 gale outside so passed on the outside photography!

Mine arrived today and what an improvement! Thanks for the heads up. Just went out and tried it in the dark. Must be 3 or 4 times brighter and much whiter! I'm pretty sure it's not 80w lol, maybe 8-10w judging by some of my other LEDs, but WAY better than those old fashioned filament bulbs. Can't wait to do some reversing out of some dark forest car parks (oops....). Problem is I now have Lotus Cortina reversing light envy!

Mine arrived today and what an improvement! Thanks for the heads up. Just went out and tried it in the dark. Must be 3 or 4 times brighter and much whiter! I'm pretty sure it's not 80w lol, maybe 8-10w judging by some of my other LEDs, but WAY better than those old fashioned filament bulbs. Can't wait to do some reversing out of some dark forest car parks (oops....). Problem is I now have Lotus Cortina reversing light envy!

:sm4: :sm4::sm4:That made me chuckle :sm4::sm4::sm4:

UPDATE: the extra throw and brightness has been really useful on winter nights, but one thing I noticed last night was that the LED reverse bulb flashes a few times when you turn the ignition on.
Is this something to do with the the CANBUS? Is there a cure or is it down to the cheapo parts? Thanks

Flashing is just the cct test regime. Incandescent's flash too but dont' heat up quick enough to be seen.

Reactions: Rog_B
your cold diagnostics is on. LED's don't like cold diagnostic over time so turn that off on all your LED's

Reactions: Rog_B
Very interesting - thanks for the replies. So a quick VAGCOM and the flicker is gone !

"Cold diagnostics is the bulb check performed after the car is started with the lights off. It pulses specific lighting circuits checking for resistance from the light bulbs in that path. If no resistance is found, it'll trigger a "bulb out" warning. This is different than the bulb check when the lights are on - that is done "hot". The cold diagnostics causes aftermarket LEDs to flash or flicker when they are off..."

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...rn-off-cold-diagnostics-2821500/#post24258897