Reversing Gear Lever Functions - Pull for Gear Up, Push to Gear Down

rjwojcik

Reaction score
I still have to consciously think about how I use the gear lever when in manual mode. Has anyone come across a solution where pulling the gear lever will shift up (instead of down) and pushing the lever will shift down (instead of up). Many thanks.

Push Forward to go Faster.

For me Sport mode gets the job done most of the time - and it accelerates so hard that I need both hands on the wheel :icon thumright:

Automatic transmission gates have always worked this way - have you come from a manual?

Reactions: rjwojcik
Push Forward to go Faster.

For me Sport mode gets the job done most of the time - and it accelerates so hard that I need both hands on the wheel :icon thumright:

Automatic transmission gates have always worked this way - have you come from a manual?

Thanks, but I've always been used to it the other way, that's what it's like in a BMW for example. Look at touring cars, rally cars, etc...

Anyway, not really into discussing the merits of each approach, just after a solution to the problem.

I only touch the gear stick to slip it into sports mode (would prefer that as default mode - anyone know how?) then I use the steeling wheel paddles, I’ve never used the actual box in full hands on manual mode :racer:

Reactions: rjwojcik
Normally do use the paddles, but for example - roundabouts or the like, can't find the paddles quickly without fumbling, so would like to resort to the gear lever.

Just leave it in sport mode and job done... only ever use it for reverse and park..

Reactions: fingermouse
It takes a while to get used to after having a manual for so long, but as said think forward for faster and it will eventually become second nature.
I often use it on roundabouts when in M mode.