Facelift Reversing camera

gazza53

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Audi reversing camera and is the image clear? Does the image cover the whole screen? Is it worth £375?

Does anyone have the Audi reversing camera and is the image clear? Does the image cover the whole screen? Is it worth £375?
I have it and no it doesn't fill the whole screen, resolution is ok actually and is it worth it?? Only if you want it

Reactions: SamR92
Are the parking sensors sufficient enough to pick up most objects or would you recommend the camera as well?

One of the benefits of the PFL cars is the image is full screen!

6E409AF1 C413 42B6 8E6B 394F69730439

Reactions: davc, RGBARGEE, oli356 and 1 other person
Are the parking sensors sufficient enough to pick up most objects or would you recommend the camera as well?

Parking system plus is ample enough for all situations,however if you can afford the camera its very good

I like having the reversing camera, bought my car used so didn't spec it, only you can decide if its worth it though.

The image isn't amazing but it is good, works quite well in low light too (quality obviously gets worse - but does it need to look amazing....)

One of the benefits of the PFL cars is the image is full screen!

View attachment 149357

The PFL view is way better. The FL camera view is a squished 2/3rd view and the car front and back sensors take up the other 1/3rd. Personally the sensors would suffice for me, but a camera is required by law in Canada

Reactions: Jassyo06
The PFL view is way better. The FL camera view is a squished 2/3rd view and the car front and back sensors take up the other 1/3rd. Personally the sensors would suffice for me, but a camera is required by law in Canada
Required by law in Canada? Interesting. Noticed that American laws require lock / unlock buttons on all doors + and internal trunk release switch. Uk just has lock and unlock in the drivers door and no internal release.

I find the reverse camera really useful for backing into parking spaces, either to spot the white line between back to back spaces or the pavement edge.
It does suffer a little from dirt/rain on the lens but the night time image is quite good tbh

Reactions: oli356
I have in my current PFL and it’s great. Have it on my new car, but haven’t seen what it’s like as by sound of it has changed. Anyone got pic of screen on FL?

I have one, my Mrs drives my car so 375 is money well spent if it saves her reversing into a post & costing me a repair /paint job. The camera is also good when reversing out a parking place gives you a sort of wider view when the car next to you is blocking your line of sight. As Ju pointed out.

Required by law in Canada? Interesting. Noticed that American laws require lock / unlock buttons on all doors + and internal trunk release switch. Uk just has lock and unlock in the drivers door and no internal release.

I should have said that the camera law applies to the USA as well on new vehicles since 2016. We have to follow USA vehicle laws...locks as you mention, strange reflector and no matrix lights are a few examples.

I should have said that the camera law applies to the USA as well on new vehicles since 2016. We have to follow USA vehicle laws...locks as you mention, strange reflector and no matrix lights are a few examples.
No Matrix I was aware of but strange reflector?

Amber side reflectors in the headlights, flat driver's side mirror etc. The first thing I did on ordering my car was buying some aspheric mirrors, as I have done for the last 3 cars I have owned. Now you know why vehicles in your side lanes warning systems are popular here, as are most of the nanny systems.
Alix, can the FL camera screen be coded to view full screen with the front and rear sensor car ghosted and red warning flashing symbols prominently displayed as per PFL scseen shown on a previous post?

Last edited:
Good morning to all forums, I'm new here, and sorry for bad English. I own an A3 Sedan 1.8 2014 that has as standard the rear camera. I've been having problems with her a few days ago. When the reverse gear is engaged, only the lines and diagrams of the car appear without displaying the images. Law for a workshop that tested the camera and verified that it is OK. The warning sounds are also ok. I already checked the camera, I already removed the media as CD, USB, SD card. The reverse lights are working properly. Has any of you ever had this problem or do you have any idea how to solve it?