Reversing camera not working

shahaf2911

Reaction score
So for some odd reason when I backup/go into the parking screen and click the camera the camera doesn’t come up, happened a few times already and turning on and off the car doesn’t seem to help either (for the past 2 days it hasn’t been working actually).
Anyone has any clue ?

Another software bug I'd say, this chassis appears to be full of them.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
Happened once when I first got the car, but nothing since.

However this now pops up regular for no reason.
bfb4bdcadadcc62f59b65847a28fcf22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
I’ll go to the dealer it’s so annoying not having a reversing camera, maybe I need to get a software update or that’s a hardware issue because a hard reset didn’t help

I used to get that on the Cupra Formentor I had for a while last year. You’d never know from one time to another whether the rear parking camera would come on or not when selecting reverse.

I got an appointment for next week, I hope it will be a quick fix and not something odd and complicated but I will update.
I’ll also ask for a firmware update, there are a lot of small bugs in the system and some are quite big.

Anyone managed to fix this?

Reversing camera on mine has not been working for a few days now.

Anyone managed to fix this?

Reversing camera on mine has not been working for a few days now.
Unfortunately mine still isn’t working, almost hasn’t been for the past 2 weeks actually and before hand sometimes it did and sometimes it didn’t, on Wednesday I’m taking the car to the dealer so I’ll give an update on their solution and the cause.

Unfortunately mine still isn’t working, almost hasn’t been for the past 2 weeks actually and before hand sometimes it did and sometimes it didn’t, on Wednesday I’m taking the car to the dealer so I’ll give an update on their solution and the cause.
Hopefully it’s an easy fix - most likely a software issue.

Let me know how it goes

Hopefully it’s an easy fix - most likely a software issue.

Let me know how it goes
I don’t believe it’s a software issue as for the first few months it worked flawlessly, then sometimes it did sometimes it didn’t and now for the past 2 weeks never turned on again, did a reset from the MMI, disconnected the battery for 15 20m but nothing helped, hence why I believe it’s not a software and rather a it’s hardware issue

Reactions: ljk
Had my carbon black saloon since March and last Saturday my rear camera decided not to play anymore, it hasn't come back to life since - the proximity sensors and related screen graphics are all fine. I'm sure i read that this has been a major issue in the USA resulting in a recall. In the USA vehicles manufactured after 2018 are required to have a rear camera by law, hence the recall - and the reason there won't be a UK recall.

I don’t believe it’s a software issue as for the first few months it worked flawlessly, then sometimes it did sometimes it didn’t and now for the past 2 weeks never turned on again, did a reset from the MMI, disconnected the battery for 15 20m but nothing helped, hence why I believe it’s not a software and rather a it’s hardware issue
How’d you get on with this.
Did Audi manage to fix it?

Hopefully it was a straight forward fix

How’d you get on with this.
Did Audi manage to fix it?

Hopefully it was a straight forward fix
So when I took the car in I told them to give the car a software update as it has a lot of bugs, it took them 5h to figure out the camera problem is also related to the software bugs and the update simply fixed it as well! That was really odd as every type of reset didn’t do anything but at least it’s working for now haha
Had the car just for a few hours so I couldn’t tell if it will last as I dropped it off for a wrap, so time will tell :)

Reactions: RS03???
So when I took the car in I told them to give the car a software update as it has a lot of bugs, it took them 5h to figure out the camera problem is also related to the software bugs and the update simply fixed it as well! That was really odd as every type of reset didn’t do anything but at least it’s working for now haha
Had the car just for a few hours so I couldn’t tell if it will last as I dropped it off for a wrap, so time will tell :)
Good the update has fixed the issue. What version of the software are you now on ?

Good the update has fixed the issue. What version of the software are you now on ?
I think it’s 3640, I do remember it ended with 0 lol, but i can’t really recall nor check as I’m abroad and my car is at a workshop for a wrap which I’ll get back only on Thursday, I’ll update by then thou (and on the color results as well )

I think it’s 3640, I do remember it ended with 0 lol, but i can’t really recall nor check as I’m abroad and my car is at a workshop for a wrap which I’ll get back only on Thursday, I’ll update by then thou (and on the color results as well )
Brill, mine is on 3620 without the issue.

Reactions: shahaf2911
Brilliant, that’s good to hear. At least it looks to be fixed now :)

Welllllll f*ck the problem is back, and isn’t going away, it was fine for just 2 weeks seriously what’s going on (fyi yes it’s 3620)

Welllllll f*ck the problem is back, and isn’t going away, it was fine for just 2 weeks seriously what’s going on (fyi yes it’s 3620)
Did you manage to get a permanent fix for this?

Mine has had the update and lasted a few weeks before it stopped working again

my camera packed up for the second time, dealership got it up and running, but they suspect the problem could come back so they have ordered a new camera. i hear so many people on this forum who get less than stellar service from their dealership, Chingford Audi have been extremely helpful in every interaction i’ve had with them.

Did you manage to get a permanent fix for this?

Mine has had the update and lasted a few weeks before it stopped working again
Yes I have, they replaced the camera and since then it’s been working flawlessly, hope it will get resolved quickly