Reverse sensors no display

Leow91

Reaction score
I’m new to this so forgive me if this has been addressed before but I’ve recently bought an A4 B8 2011 with reversing sensors. It doesn’t have the parking assist on the display which as I understand was only available on the parking plus package with front sensors also, however I have seen on other forums and YouTube videos that the display can be accessed using vcds?? I do not have this software nor would I know how to use it so I’m wondering if there is anyone in the Edinburgh/central Scotland area that has done this with the parking assist display and of so would they be able to help? Thanks

I’m down the southeast so no physical help, but I did do this with vagcom. If you google vcds codes there are many how toos which I used. I took photos or codes I was changing before just in case but had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leow91
Thanks for the reply, I’m going to look into purchasing a vagcom/vcds kit and give it a go! Wish me luck :tearsofjoy:

Unless you want to start doing a lot of long coding, the cheaper option would be to go for Obdeleven, go for the Pro pack and follow the long coding guides in their forum.

Reactions: Leow91
Cheers for all the replies guys, I’ll look into the various options and then decide what’s best for me. Appreciate the help

Unless you want to start doing a lot of long coding, the cheaper option would be to go for Obdeleven, go for the Pro pack and follow the long coding guides in their forum.
I purchased the new version of obdeleven that works with iPhone and I am having issues turning this feature on. I turned on needle sweep and mirror dip no problem but when I try to turn on the optical parking assist it says “check ignition and try again”. I have tried this I with the engineer running and also with the key just in the ignition. Have you done this using obdeleven? If so is there something I’m doing wrong?