Reverse parking buzzer (small speaker)

shaksq

Reaction score
I have a small issue with my parking sensor buzzer on my a3 sportback. About two weeks ago whilst reversing the buzzer (speaker) started to sound as if it had a rip in it. I called audi and was told a new unit was 13.50, which was totally acceptable. I then got home and installed the new buzzer which is located in the rear right of the boot area under the parcel shelf, anyway the new buzzer once installed is not loud enough. I now have to turn the radio off whilst reversing. I evev went back to the audi parts dept, but all they did was try to tell me i had to book the car in for half a day so that it could be tested, i was not very happy so i insisted that someone check the unit. After a bit of an arguement with the service manager the car was taken down to have the buzzer checked. When the car came back the gentleman said we have changed the buzzer but it sounds the same. Now i did ask if you could change the volume on the buzzer, the audi salesman said he was not too sure. My question is can the volume be adjust on the buzzer via my own mechanics computer or do you think the buzzer is still faulty. I would appreciate your help. Thankyou

if the buzzer does not have a switch to adjust the volume i would assume that you cannot adjust it... now if it is coded via vcds again the coding would still be there for the volume you had before.. sounds very odd. maybe the buzzer was remodelled

how old is the car and is the speaker a std fit ??

My radio goes mute when i put it in reverse and volume and pitch of the buzzer is adjusted via the DIS

Mine is set to its loudest and I think its still fairly quiet - i too need to turn down my music & I dont have it loud. On older cars it can only be set using VCDS or what the dealer uses to program Audis but newer A3/S3 like Paddys can be done from the DIS it just will depend on the revison of the park assist module.

Thank you for the replies, my car is a 55 plate a3 sportback, I just found it very strange that the old buzzer was quite loud. My car has a factory fitted parking kit for the rear of the car only, maybe you are right that the sensors have been remodelled. I will take car to my mechanic to see if we can adjust the volume via his computer.

My radio goes mute when i put it in reverse and volume and pitch of the buzzer is adjusted via the DIS

Hold the press, really, me & you have some talking to do then mate, expect some PM's :)

Thank you for the replies, my car is a 55 plate a3 sportback, I just found it very strange that the old buzzer was quite loud. My car has a factory fitted parking kit for the rear of the car only, maybe you are right that the sensors have been remodelled. I will take car to my mechanic to see if we can adjust the volume via his computer.

Show us a pic of your buzzer & sensors, should be able to tell if oem or aftermarket, but if its oem you can adjust with vcds & the dealer obviously being thick should know this.

Volume can be adjusted in VCDS if the unit is oem audi sensor unit with module, I set mine to highest after installing them and to be honest I still turn down the stereo when reversing to hear the sensors