Reverse Parking beep suddenly gone quiet

Andrew Fairley

Reaction score
Hi, as above the reverse beep on my girl friends car all of a sudden seems really quiet, i checked the on board computer to see if she had accidently somehow turned the volume of the beep down, but could not locate such a setting.

Had a quick search on the forum but couldnt find anything.

Does anyone know any possible reasons and solutions for this problem?

Thanks in advance

Whilst in reverse and with the sensors operating, turn the volume up on the steering wheel?

Reactions: DaytonaS3
If you have an Audi OEM parking system. The audio adjustment is in the MMI menu under driver assistance-parking aid

Reactions: Rob2k68
I've seen this quoted before, but it doesn't work for me.
Ignore the steering wheel, and try with the main volume control knob?

I'm fairly sure this works for all the 'volumes' if you do it while they're sounding, such as satnav, parking sensors etc

hi, tried a few things last night and nothing was turning the volume up.

the system was fitted when i purchased the car 2nd hand from Audi, so was not installed from new, i wonder if this is why none of your suggestions are working, and as to why i cannot find the volume control from the control panel screen.

Maybe a trip back to Audi is needed.

Regards

Andrew

Unfortunately, as it isn't a factory supplied version, you'll need to refer back to whoever installed it...

Ignore the steering wheel, and try with the main volume control knob?

I'm fairly sure this works for all the 'volumes' if you do it while they're sounding, such as satnav, parking sensors etc
I tried this this morning and neither the steering wheel control or the main control affect the volume of the parking sensors.
But the MMI gives the options - separate for front and back - volume and frequency.

Reactions: azibux1
I tried this this morning and neither the steering wheel control or the main control affect the volume of the parking sensors.
But the MMI gives the options - separate for front and back - volume and frequency.

Hi, the car only has the rear sensors

If it is an aftermarket rear parking system, the volume adjustment is made on the control module for that system. That module is normally hidden in the boot/trunk or dashboard area. The Audi dealership who installed after you purchased it can adjust it for you and sensitivity if required.

If an aftermarket system is suddenly quieter than it was, it's likely to be either the speaker has moved to somewhere that it's now being muffled, the speaker is failing, or possibly a failing/faulty control unit and/or its power source (less likely if it's still fully functional, just quiet).

Thanks for all your help on this, my GF phones audi who are calling her back, so guessing they will sort accordingly.