Reverse Lights

NottsMFC

Reaction score
The Mrs said to me earlier my reverse lights weren't working right, the full light wasn't on.

When I checked both sides were the same so think is how they should be, just looking for confirmation

Attachments

• IMG-20181109-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20181109-WA0004.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 211
Yep, mine is exactly the same, they are tiny but pretty bright

Reactions: NottsMFC
Isn't part of it the fog light in the other side?

I'm sure someone else will soon let me know if I am wrong though lol

Reactions: NottsMFC
You in Notts btw? I'm on Heanor on the border of Notts/Derbys

Cool, not far at all then. I have VCDS, VCP and ODIS so if you need anything checking anytime let me know.

Is the car leased or owned? I only ask as I am trying out R&M Audi in Mansfield in a couple of weeks, their an Independent but have a lot of the proper Audi kit and online Geko access etc.

Cool, not far at all then. I have VCDS, VCP and ODIS so if you need anything checking anytime let me know.

Is the car leased or owned? I only ask as I am trying out R&M Audi in Mansfield in a couple of weeks, their an Independent but have a lot of the proper Audi kit and online Geko access etc.
Great, thanks for that Darky.

I'm a complete novice with cars to be honest, I ordered an OBDeleven which came at the weekend but really not sure what I'm doing with it yet. Have read is easy to use to change some basic things with the car.

The car is owned. I've just had to google what Geko access is...:readit:

The Mrs said to me earlier my reverse lights weren't working right, the full light wasn't on.

When I checked both sides were the same so think is how they should be, just looking for confirmation
Mine are the same, but it looks (unless mine is broken) that the fog is just on the right side:

Revl
Revr
Fog

Mine are the same, but it looks (unless mine is broken) that the fog is just on the right side:

Thats normal, mine is the same. I think it would be better on both sides though.

Reactions: S32B
Isnt the fog only on one side to avoid confusion when lit with the brake lights? Or more than likely down to cost

Isnt the fog only on one side to avoid confusion when lit with the brake lights? Or more than likely down to cost
Possibly in the past it may have been to prevent confusion, with high level brake lights nowadays it shouldn't cause confusion.

Probably just an Audi'ism, I know other manufacturers have them on both sides

The mk5 mondeo doesn't, neither our fiesta and I can't remember the last time I actually used any fog lights. I am not surprised that there's only one because only one is actually needed and two will dazzle other drivers. Especially like today when there is only a little mist yet every other car had them on...

Is it possible to buy the relevant LED bulb and stick it in the left hand side? Must be a holder for it as left hand drive cars will have a bulb on the left, and not on the right (as ours do).

I just recently purchased the smoked lights for my car and to my surprise Audi only solder leds in one side depending on the country. I purchased the right inner light with the fog light leds solder in to make them both even. The A symmetry was making me crazy..... Lol

Are you saying that there is only a white LED in one of the tail light assemblies, right or left, depending on destination country?
On European cars with rear fog lights I've seen, they only have it on the driver's side tail light assembly, right or left, depending on country.