Q5 Reverse LED’s

Ashwood831

Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded their reverse lights to LED with them being so pants?
I have tried a couple of different ones but keep getting fault codes.
these are the ones I have tried and failed…
And
Safego 2pcs 921 912 T10 T15 LED Bulbs canbus for Backup Reverse Lights, Xenon White 6000K 1000 lumens Extremely Bright Canbus Error Free 4014 45pcs Chipsets LED Bulbs Amazon product
The later I found recommended on myq5forum.com, everyone saying no codes??
Am I missing something here/any suggestions please?
Thanks in advance

Try asking @t8ups at forum sponsor EM Tuning. He might be able to help.
Good shout.

be aware you may get an intermittent flicker from them even when not in reverse as the canbus does it’s checks. I did on my A6, very annoying.

I know for certain that Trupesh at EM Tuning has to make a VCDS coding change when he puts in his own LED reversing lamp bulbs. I've watched him do so on two of my cars.

Incidentally, for anyone who lives near Kettering, he will do an LED interior light install for a nominal charge.

... and you get a nice cup of tea.

Reactions: Sandra
I know for certain that Trupesh at EM Tuning has to make a VCDS coding change when he puts in his own LED reversing lamp bulbs. I've watched him do so on two of my cars.

Incidentally, for anyone who lives near Kettering, he will do an LED interior light install for a nominal charge.

... and you get a nice cup of tea.
He's top class, isn't he? :)

Reactions: Sandra
I sourced some '921/T15' Reversing LED's from www.EMtuning.co.uk (Audi A4/S4/RS4 – B8-B8.5 Reverse LEDs - 921/T15) for our FY 2018 SQ5.
Simply swapped them out, 'plug&play' and no need for any recoding.
Had them in since March '21 and you definitely notice the difference in brightness - eye protection is recommended!!
(Their web site seems to be under maintenance at present back on 2nd Jan 2022?)

Some pictures below and the SQ5 you can see the LED (Left) versus the standard filament bulb (Right).

SQ5 Reverse LEDs025x

Reactions: jdp1962 and paul wev
I sourced some '921/T15' Reversing LED's from www.EMtuning.co.uk (Audi A4/S4/RS4 – B8-B8.5 Reverse LEDs - 921/T15) for our FY 2018 SQ5.
Simply swapped them out, 'plug&play' and no need for any recoding.
Had them in since March '21 and you definitely notice the difference in brightness - eye protection is recommended!!
(Their web site seems to be under maintenance at present back on 2nd Jan 2022?)

Some pictures below and the SQ5 you can see the LED (Left) versus the standard filament bulb (Right).

View attachment 247608
Excellent, thank you for that. Will try and get on in the new year and get a set of them bought to give it a go.
Thank you!!!

Reactions: Woorlord