Reverse gear N/S/Mirror dip

Abi

Reaction score
I’ve been doing a couple of adaptations via vcds on my A3 8P 2010 as the cornering lights weren’t activated etc..
Can the n/s mirror dip be activated? as can’t get it to work on mine, is it not possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is possible. You have to change mirror motor and do some wiring. I’ve done it on my car, pretty easy.

So it’s not a big job then?
Was it a replacement A3 motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@samuelh_888 no, I don't have memory seats;) I nicked a motor from golf V with 8 pin plug instead of 3, replaced motor and then wired it. That's it. Ill drop some diagrams later on. Really easy job.

Reactions: Genius, downtothebone and maxpayne
This is how I did it and how it works

Reactions: downtothebone, Daveyonthemove, samisnake and 1 other person
Your video shows how it works once finished but if you can show the diagrams , Golf V part number for motor and if you had an old pic off motor in Situ would be a great help Thanks

Only if you have memory seats I believe.
That's just what it says in vcds/obdeleven I think even if you were to retrofit the seats it doesn't support that.

I would really like to do this mod along with having the mirrors auto fold on locking the car

Will the 3 pin version work?

Nope mate, it has to be one like this

df8b9d6d163a9cab2b06a2ca98efc5c8.jpg

Yes man!

You have the technology
The Auto Folding can be done but you have to get 2 modules for them to work plus some coding your looking around £500 for the mirrors + modules .
As for getting them to lock / unlock using the key now thats another story especially if you have an 8p A3 / S3 again it can be done but it will cost you .

Like that? ;)

Can you use key fob ( pressing lock icon ) when outside car to fold in mirrors .
Plus can you use the key fob ( pressing unlock icon ) to fold out the mirrors when outside the car

The Auto Folding can be done but you have to get 2 modules for them to work plus some coding your looking around £500 for the mirrors + modules .
As for getting them to lock / unlock using the key now thats another story especially if you have an 8p A3 / S3 again it can be done but it will cost you .

Mine already fold, just not from the key, sounds like he's devised some wiring hack... Hopefully... I'd really like this, had a Kia ceed hire car that did it once and thought it a very nifty feature

Can you use key fob ( pressing lock icon ) when outside car to fold in mirrors .
Plus can you use the key fob ( pressing unlock icon ) to fold out the mirrors when outside the car
Or he's twisting the knob off camera :D

Reactions: Oswald
I'd be interested to know how you managed this too as it then might also be possible on my TT

Auto fold mirrors when locking can be done but with more advanced coding and software. Unfortunately it’s not a vcds thing.

Reactions: Oswald
@Genius I'm not that dodgy :p

Right, first thing - fold on remote can be done on facelift modules so far (haven't had a chance to try preface ones), just by editing 3 bytes of eeprom dump, it's just a matter of adding/modifying some hex values. Possible options are: fold on remote, and unfold either on remote or ignition. Pretty easy to do with a programmer. I need to find a table of bits to be modified on certain offets (I made one), can't recall them out of my head. No extra wiring/modules required!

Second - dip on reverse is pretty easy as well. Mirror motor has to be changed for one with 8pin plug from Golf, A6 C6 or so. One of them is 3d0959587c, but as far as I know all motors xxx959587C have memory option. It's just a matter of mounting (3 screws). Wiring is a piece of cake, I did that on facelift modules, but I guess it would work on preface too (pinout is exactly the same). So it goes like:

Mirror green plug pin <-> door module mirror pin

1 - 3
2 - 12
3 - 9
4 - empty
5 - 2
6 - 2
7 - 1
8 - 4

Hardest thing is to pull the loom through rubber sleeve. I managed to that by cutting it, getting rid of all cables, making the loom, sticking black tape and pulling it... Wasn't easy thou lol

Some coding in module 52 - byte 1, bit 0 - mirror with memory function installed, and then module 46 - mirror lowering with reverse (it's byte 11, bit 7 on my module, MIGHT differ on different comfort modules). Almost there;) Set the mirror knob to the left, stick reverse, then set mirror position as you want it to be in reverse, and then stick in 1st gear, get the knob back in the middle, and again to the left. That's it :p From now it'll dip on reverse, and will get back up on ignition off, on the knob in the middle position, or once the speed is higher than 15km/s, uh flip me, around 10mph. Forgive me any mistakes, I'm just too exhausted to think clear lol Enjoy guys.

Reactions: samisnake
Right, first thing - fold on remote can be done on facelift modules so far (haven't had a chance to try preface ones), just by editing 3 bytes of eeprom dump, it's just a matter of adding/modifying some hex values. Possible options are: fold on remote, and unfold either on remote or ignition. Pretty easy to do with a programmer. I need to find a table of bits to be modified on certain offets (I made one), can't recall them out of my head. No extra wiring/modules required!

That is brilliant news! Mines a facelift 8p so hopefully an easyish mod?

I'm not familiar with the eeprom terminology, you mean it can be done with vcds or we need different software/cable setup?

That is brilliant news! I'm not familiar with the eeprom terminology, you mean it can be done with vcds or we need different software/cable setup?

It’s not vcds job unfortunately. You could use vag can pro to read module eeprom, or read eeprom directly from chip using some kind of a programmer. Second option includes module dismantling but it’s really easy.

It’s not vcds job unfortunately. You could use vag can pro to read module eeprom, or read eeprom directly from chip using some kind of a programmer. Second option includes module dismantling but it’s really easy.
Ok I've heard of VAG can pro, although don't know much other than it's like a more complicated version of vcds...

So do we have a vcp user map on the forum like the vcds one?

Ok I've heard of VAG can pro, although don't know much other than it's like a more complicated version of vcds...

So do we have a vcp user map on the forum like the vcds one?

Haven’t seen one:(

@Genius I'm not that dodgy :p

Second - dip on reverse is pretty easy as well. Mirror motor has to be changed for one with 8pin plug from Golf, A6 C6 or so. One of them is 3d0959587c, but as far as I know all motors xxx959587C have memory option. It's just a matter of mounting (3 screws). Wiring is a piece of cake, I did that on facelift modules, but I guess it would work on preface too (pinout is exactly the same). So it goes like:

Mirror green plug pin <-> door module mirror pin

1 - 3
2 - 12
3 - 9
4 - empty
5 - 2
6 - 2
7 - 1
8 - 4

Hardest thing is to pull the loom through rubber sleeve. I managed to that by cutting it, getting rid of all cables, making the loom, sticking black tape and pulling it... Wasn't easy thou lol

Some coding in module 52 - byte 1, bit 0 - mirror with memory function installed, and then module 46 - mirror lowering with reverse (it's byte 11, bit 7 on my module, MIGHT differ on different comfort modules). Almost there;) Set the mirror knob to the left, stick reverse, then set mirror position as you want it to be in reverse, and then stick in 1st gear, get the knob back in the middle, and again to the left. That's it :p From now it'll dip on reverse, and will get back up on ignition off, on the knob in the middle position, or once the speed is higher than 15km/s, uh flip me, around 10mph. Forgive me any mistakes, I'm just too exhausted to think clear lol Enjoy guys.

Am guessing your car is Pre , 09 Module just that i noticed you mentioned going into module 46 , cause nowadays i think 46 + 09 have merged into one module ( well looks like mine has ) just due to when i go to old 46 it says noresponse from contoller .
If i can pics off my mirror cable could you tell me if the pinning can be changed .:thumbs up:

Am guessing your car is Pre , 09 Module just that i noticed you mentioned going into module 46 , cause nowadays i think 46 + 09 have merged into one module ( well looks like mine has ) just due to when i go to old 46 it says noresponse from contoller .
If i can pics off my mirror cable could you tell me if the pinning can be changed .:thumbs up:

Yes, you’re right. My cars preface, but I installed facelift modules and rewired door looms. And yes, facelift bordnetz (09) is merged with comfort module (46), but anyway, you should be able to get to 46. Will check coding on facelift bcm and will keep posted:) Sure mate, just drop us a pic of your wiring and I’ll tell you (I can say it even now;) as the mirror wiring is the same on preface and facelift 8ps).

Yes, you’re right. My cars preface, but I installed facelift modules and rewired door looms. And yes, facelift bordnetz (09) is merged with comfort module (46), but anyway, you should be able to get to 46. Will check coding on facelift bcm and will keep posted:) Sure mate, just drop us a pic of your wiring and I’ll tell you (I can say it even now;) as the mirror wiring is the same on preface and facelift 8ps).

Just checked my last scan 5days ago and it telks me Mod 46 can't be reach as my unit is a PQ35 if i mind correctly

I have VCP but not sure of what to do to get the eeprom data, if someone was to give a walkthrough of what to do on VCP I can do it for them.

I have VCP but not sure of what to do to get the eeprom data, if someone was to give a walkthrough of what to do on VCP I can do it for them.

Can help you via teamviewer mate

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Can help you via teamviewer mate

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Are you in the UK? Noticed your profile said Manchester, so not far from me, but then the video you posted had cars with European plates

Are you in the UK? Noticed your profile said Manchester, so not far from me, but then the video you posted had cars with European plates

No mate, I used to live in Manchester, but I moved abroad last year.