Q5 Reverse dip mirror problem

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So recently, infact just after the approved warranty expired, the reverse dip function on the passenger mirror has developed a mind of it's own.
It doesnt alter when put into reverse so I move it manually with the knob and then when I take it out of reverse it moves back up past where it should stop and includes the extra adjustment.
Has anyone experienced similar?
I did extend the warranty but set a £250 excess so not worth a trip to the dealer.

So recently, infact just after the approved warranty expired, the reverse dip function on the passenger mirror has developed a mind of it's own.
It doesnt alter when put into reverse so I move it manually with the knob and then when I take it out of reverse it moves back up past where it should stop and includes the extra adjustment.
Has anyone experienced similar?
I did extend the warranty but set a £250 excess so not worth a trip to the dealer.

Yes, Ju and I restored as follows:

1) Ignition 'ON'

2) Electronic handbrake 'ON'

3) Foot onto the brake pedal

4) Gear-lever from 'park' to 'reverse'

5) Use the passenger-side-mirror-adjusting-knob to set the mirror to 'kerb-view'

6) Gear-lever from 'reverse' to 'park'

7) Ignition 'OFF'

And all was restored...

Reactions: jdp1962 and -Ju-

1) Ignition 'ON'

5) Use the passenger-side-mirror-adjusting-knob to set the mirror to 'kerb-view'

7) Ignition 'OFF'

And all was restored...
I've tried something similar John, maybe not in the right order though so I'll give it another go

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc

1) Ignition 'ON'

7) Ignition 'OFF'

And all was restored...
Right so I tried that and nothing,.just stays dipped!
Nothing from a vcds scan either

• Angry
Reactions: 45bvtc
Try a battery disconnect for 10, if that doesn't fix it, disable the dipping, make sure doesn't move when in reverse or swapping back to other modes, cycle ignition recode & test.

Reactions: 45bvtc and -Ju-
Try a battery disconnect for 10, if that doesn't fix it, disable the dipping, make sure doesn't move when in reverse or swapping back to other modes, cycle ignition recode & test.
Thanks, I'll try that

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help lads. I finally sorted it and it was a strange one.
It made no sense over when it would work as intended and not, even sometimes it wouldnt adjust at all.
From memeory it seemed to happen after I fitted my MTM M-cantronic box which connects to the canbus so I removed it and it worked fine.....for half a day and then started playing up again.
Then I remembered I caught that mirror a month or so ago reversing into the garage, no damage but it half popped the cap off.
I stripped it down and the connector was resting in the connection but not fully in. It must have popped out when I caught it.
Folding the mirrors in must have made it work ok for a short while.
All sorted now and working as intended!
Once again thanks for the help

• Love
Reactions: 45bvtc and paul wev