Reverse camera types

MT-V6

Reaction score
Hi, I don't own an 8V, however I am using the camera on my TT and while looking through ETKA I have noticed that in 2017 the camera part number changed.

Previously it was 8V0 827 566, which has 2 wires from the camera + fakra (+ 2 for the handle)
In 2017 is changed to 8V0 827 566 A and B revisions, which have 4 wires + fakra (+ 2 for handle)

Was there a model year change in 2017 that affected the rear camera? I am guessing there must be some extra functionality for the extra wires?

Thanks

As far as i know... only revision update.
Both need can, video and power.

As far as i know... only revision update.
Both need can, video and power.
The first part number I mentioned definitely doesn't need can as I have it on my TT, there aren't enough wires for that, so I assume maybe that was what was added

I wonder what for though?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Might be the prefacelift cam with seperate ecu( can to external box), or the low line cam, Only video(no moving parking lines. )

8V0 827 566 = Uses external control module
8V0 827 566 A = Internal / integrated control module
8V0 827 566 B = Internal / integrated control module

All need CAN communication to function. CAN connects to the A and B handle loom, the external control module for the first revision. Functionality all the same camera wise but the external control module has an input which is normally used for a TV tuner.

Cool makes sense. Yep I have the first revision with the external module on my TT, I just came across these versions with the extra wires and it got me wondering. Thanks all

Reactions: DJAlix