Reverse Cam Help

Hishy1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Kinda new here, tried fitting a reverse cam as my first proper mod (other than rns e) and I've now hit a wall. I've connected the reverse cam power to the rear wiper motor so it has a constant +12v. Then I've connected the video feed into the multimedia adapter which in turn is connected to back of rns e for canbus and power/ground. So basically I have to manually click TV to get the video feed on my screen and when I actually start reversing/moving I get the safety message for VIM. I know that the reason it won't come on when I select reverse is because I haven't connected it to any reverse feed anywhere, but I'm not sure where to!? And I'm clueless as to why I get the safety message.....maybe cos I haven't coded it with vcds? (Pic below)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 294
Thanks Ash, didn't know mk2 rnse could be vim hacked! Cheers, although I'm still a bit lost with regards to auto switch, my rns e quadlock adaptor doesn't have B or C blocks only A and D. Therefore how do I get access to pin c2 for rfsl? And if someone could clarify, do I just connect a wire from the reverse feed to the rfsl of the rns e unit?

Thanks

Hi, not sure if anyone will be able to help any further. After a few months I was able to connect a feed from my rear light cluster to pin c2 of rnse. I am using a cheapo ebay camera and and polish multimedia adapter (also from the bay). Atm I'm still only getting image on my rnse on when I press TV on the media channel. Although when I do press TV I get a blue no signal screen until I put the car into reverse and then the actual rear view image comes up. I can't get full autoswitching tho! Do I need a camera module e.g the r8 one or something like that as I don't have anything but the mutlimedia adapter and the camera going into my mk2 rnse.

Also when coded for rear view camera it shows up as not being able to connect to controller module.

Hope someone can help please!

You can't code the system for reverse cam if you don't have an original audi camera and camera module.

the reason your screen is going blue is because the RNSE connects to the multimedia adapter and as there is no video signal on the adapter until you hit reverse its just a dead blue screen.

unfortunately connecting a wire to c2 won't actually help it as the RNSE doesn't know to look for a camera as its not coded so your in a catch22 position.
follow this link and see if it helps you:

http://audiforum.us/threads/how-to-reverse-camera-into-b7-a4.7570/

Ahhh ok I had a feeling it was like that. So basically I need to get myself a module right? i was thinking that the multimedia adapter might do the trick. its a PCCM multimedia adapter and i have read about another guy over at audi.us using this and getting it to autoswitch but his post was about another problem. the manual does include canbus cars and talks about autoswitching so maybe it could be faulty. i might try sending it back and see if they can replace it or refund me and find a proper one.

thank you for your help mate, get back to you oonce its sorted (Hopefully) !

my camera works fine with a cheap chinese aftermarket camera and module connected it will switch from radio cd etc straight to the camera whenever i select reverse , you have to code the camera for the lamborghini and enable camera in the gateway module ,even though it will leave an error in there ,it works fine

I think it would, but ive sent the media adapter back anyway as the instructions didnt say i had to do anything like that so im guessing it was faulty. If i get another one off them ill try lambo and see if it works. Cheers for the input guys!