Reverse cam coding-kufatec box with mk2 RNSE

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
So I'm almost there with my coding of the reverse cam-but find it very frustrating to get it all working correctly.

I coded the rnse for TV tuner (+1 in radio code as last digit) and reverse cam channel 04 from 0 to 1.

When I switch on my rnse without ignition on I get the normal screen.

When I switch ignition on I get the following screen:

When I then select reverse I used to get the picture of the camera on the screen but now I just get a green screen!

What am I doing wrong here?

Any advice appreciated! I'm stuck!!

Sorry the pictures didn't upload properly - I have attached them to this post

Image2

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 303
Yeah - I cant seem to work it out - I have tried numerous combinations with coding and wiring etc.

It is odd because when I code the RNSE to say that reverse cam is installed (adaption ch 04 0 - 1) I get a black screen when ignition is turned on even without the kufatec box. when the box is plugged in I get the multi-coloured lines on the screen. So I'm starting to think that '1' is the wrong code.

I also couldn't get any signal anymore from the camera - like we managed before - all I get now is a green screen when I engage reverse.

Is this a problem with my camera now? or is it the box?

Bump..

Still no solution to the above:(

Anyone have any ideas? I'm losing the will to live with this mod:(

So I'm almost there with my coding of the reverse cam-but find it very frustrating to get it all working correctly.

I coded the rnse for TV tuner (+1 in radio code as last digit) and reverse cam channel 04 from 0 to 1.

When I switch on my rnse without ignition on I get the normal screen.

When I switch ignition on I get the following screen:

When I then select reverse I used to get the picture of the camera on the screen but now I just get a green screen!

What am I doing wrong here?

Any advice appreciated! I'm stuck!!

What is your last digit on your radio code - what other equipment do you have installed?

Ross Tech Suggest channel 4 should = 2 not 1

And what is your rns-e software version?

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help, I have a 2004 A3 with a MKII RNS-E Version G, software version 0220, with an R8 reversing module and camera. The coding on my RNS-E, is 0209717, I am not using a Kufatec box, so I have not added a one to the last digit my coding for the TV tuner.

Initially I was getting a black screen, but I have managed to sort it out.

On the adaption, channel 04 it is set to 3. Rear View Camera (BAP/RNS-E PU)

I can’t confirm if this will work for your set up, but might be worth a try.

What is your last digit on your radio code - what other equipment do you have installed?

Ross Tech Suggest channel 4 should = 2 not 1

And what is your rns-e software version?

So I have my radio coded as 0205756

Also when I try to change the adaption Chanel 4 to 1- it doesn't let me save it... I can only change it to 0,1,3 and none of them give me a camera feed

The only Chanel that gives me anything is setting it to 1 (lambo) but then I can't change the radio when ignition is on...

I have software 220 H

Which kufatec box are you using? as that it what is causing the funny screens. The last Kufatec IMA i used i had to change settings on that by holding down the setup button for about 10 seconds and then the settings appear on the instrument cluster DIS... when that is set correctly you don't even need to code the RNSE, tv should just appear in the media list.

Hi ash,

Thx for your reply. I'm using the kufatec IMA box. When I hold down the settings button I don't see any option in the DIS. Does the RNSE need to be coded in a particular way to see these settings in the DIS?

Also-what settings do I need to change it to?

it should come up on the DIS where the radio messages come up as Con first... then you need to keep pressing the setup button to go through the menu.
with the IMA connected do you no automatically get the TV option come up in the media source list?

No I think I have seen it pop up once but then it disappeared again-I'm thinking it may be because I haven't grounded the device properly-mayb I need to find a solid ground and solder it in? The strange thing is the camera still works when the ground is not connected.

Ok so when I scroll through the menus what setting do I need to set the IMA to?

Thx for the link ash! Great help! I'll try this again sometime this week!

I'll find a proper ground too!