Facelift Rev limiter beep

Phil3

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the beep you get as a warning when you start the car from cold and the revs are limited?

Cheers

Yes - turn the radio on really loud first :p

Three annoying coding things I dislike (maybe @DJAlix has a solution).

1. The cold start up beep
2. Not being able to use audi maps while running CarPlay/android auto directions. (I don’t see why you can’t do this - one is running on the phone and one on the car).
3. When I pause music it ALWAYS unmutes by itself after several minutes which I hate. If I pause Spotify it shouldn’t kick me to the radio after 5 minutes. It should stay paused.

Reactions: KKOG and Phil3
1. The cold start up beep
This is controlled via firmware and cannot be coded out.
2. Not being able to use audi maps while running CarPlay/android auto directions. (I don’t see why you can’t do this - one is running on the phone and one on the car).
Unfortunately this is by design, as dictated by Apple.

Reactions: Phil3
This is controlled via firmware and cannot be coded out.

Unfortunately this is by design, as dictated by Apple.

There must be a setting that says the maps turn off on the car - it’s not impossible.

When running the beta of Waze on android auto the normal maps would still work as something was going on telling the car that the maps weren’t running on the phone.

So there must be a setting and it surely must be in VCDS?!

There must be a setting that says the maps turn off on the car - it’s not impossible.

When running the beta of Waze on android auto the normal maps would still work as something was going on telling the car that the maps weren’t running on the phone.

So there must be a setting and it surely must be in VCDS?!
Apple is a bit more controlling than Android lol No settings in VCDS for CarPlay unfortunately.

Reactions: T-800
Apple is a bit more controlling than Android lol No settings in VCDS for CarPlay unfortunately.

And for Android Auto?

CarPlay is terrible anyway. Never use it. Any way to enable the car maps while navigating?

And for Android Auto?
Same. These features are controlled via different systems and would need something like a "Jailbreak" for the Audi MMI in order to control.
Never use it. Any way to enable the car maps while navigating?
As already stated no. Audi hands-off the navigation functionality to Apple and Android when connected as its a pre-req for the licensing. There was a bug which once allowed Apple Maps and Audi Maps to be displayed at the same time, well you could toggle between them, but this has been patched within your current firmware version. Can still do it on mine but don't use CarPlay anymore as it sucks.

Reactions: T-800
3. When I pause music it ALWAYS unmutes by itself after several minutes which I hate. If I pause Spotify it shouldn’t kick me to the radio after 5 minutes. It should stay paused.

This is so annoying. It's having it's own life I think.
The music/podcasts or whatever you have in your phone always starts by itself:weary: