Rev D Dump Valve vs GFB DV+

RustyBucket

Reaction score
I'm going stage 2 next week (custom map with r tech) and I've been told that I need to remove the DV+ and refit the Rev D version. Happy to do so, just wondering if anyone else has had to go back to OEM or is running stage 2 with the DV+ without any problems?

Im going Stage 2+ next week and i have a new Revision D that i bought 4 months ago :)

It's not a requirement to change to a Rev D.
Basically R tech don't rate the dv+ with reports they leak boost.
Not sure why they've said to get a Rev D on as they've posted a few threads on the golf forum saying that the Rev D leaks boost and to use a Rev G?????
I run a Rev G at stage 2+ but it has only lasted 8 months and it's giving problems.
I put my original Rev D valve on but now have a new Rev G to go on as it doesn't seem as lively on the Rev D

Your quite right, they recommended the rev G, my mistake, I've got my new\old rev D knocking around so hope it will be OK to fit that as I don't want to have to pay out for another DV. How much did you pay for the rev G?

That's superb, thanks for finding those, I'm waiting on a reply from r tech before purchasing but great to know they are there and not too expensive. You can notice a definate difference with it can you?

Well I've never tried a dv+ but the reviews I've read are mixed.
Between my original Rev D and a Rev G the G gives less lag and I get instant power after gear changes.

Ah OK, sounds like it might be worth doing then particularly if its £40. Your last one only lastest 8 months though?

Not sure what happened to it as it didn't tear and looked perfect but I was getting loads of turbo surge and error on vcds saying mechanical malfunction.

I have the DV+ on a Rev D solenoid works for me. I have read for some reason KO3 cars seem to benefit far more than the KO4 cars with the DV+

That sounds like the same error I was getting before it was changed to the rev D. Think I'll probably go for it if I can get one in time before the map. BTW got the clutch from Kris and all fitted so cheers for putting me in touch.

That sounds like the same error I was getting before it was changed to the rev D. Think I'll probably go for it if I can get one in time before the map. BTW got the clutch from Kris and all fitted so cheers for putting me in touch.
Kris is good to deal with.
Glad you got sorted anyway.

I changed form the piston DV to the GFB D+ plus last week and there's no much of a difference but I would say the throttle response is a little sharper, the power does kick in a little lower down the revs and it does hold boost abit better to. I would say it does work but I wouldn't say it's worth £100 would of been more happy and impressed if it was around the £50-£60 mark, but it does do its job a little better.

That's interesting, I've picked up the rev G this morning so I'll get that on for the map and maybe after that I'll test the difference with the DV+

I've fitted my new Rev G this morning and it does feel better.
I've also bought a dv+ to try at some point.

It's not a requirement to change to a Rev D.
Basically R tech don't rate the dv+ with reports they leak boost.
Not sure why they've said to get a Rev D on as they've posted a few threads on the golf forum saying that the Rev D leaks boost and to use a Rev G?????
I run a Rev G at stage 2+ but it has only lasted 8 months and it's giving problems.
I put my original Rev D valve on but now have a new Rev G to go on as it doesn't seem as lively on the Rev D

This is true well at least for the rev D as mine was leaking ever so slightly and it's still the same with the GV+. Had a smoke test done and it was a tiny leak and not all of the time.

I run a DV+ and no problems at all at 360 bhp,been dyno'ed tracked quarter miled and still no leaks

My car pulls stronger than ever with dv+. And i've had rev g until it failed, then rev d, then forge dv and finaly dv+. And it's better than all i had before.