Returning member

clarky17

Reaction score
I'm back after 3-4 years brought my self another 2006 a3 sline black with speed line 18" alloys amd xenon I'm a very happy boy got a few questions, I need pointing in the right direction to add iPhone play back and charging and also a decent remap last time I has an st3 and my turbo went shortly after luckily I had warranty, and lasty I've just looked under the bonnet and an oblong part underneath the coolant tank seems to be wet is this normal as I thought it was meant to be dry ? Not sure what the part is called

Welcome back to ASN. Have a read at the faqs section at the top of th page, lots of useful information in there. :)

Welcome back, pic of offending item may help us to advise properly, as I cant find oblong part in my technical manual :p

As for iphone, depends if you wanna go cheap or best can get.

Hi I want to go cheap on the iPhone front for now eventually I want the sat nav, the part I was talking about was the diesel filter

It should be a cylindrical unit.

Save your money & do it properly as nothing will compare to the proper system.

i went for the cheapest option - a connects2 adapter. it plays music but other than that its pants. if i'd paid an extra £50 i could have got a dension gateway 100 that lets me change albums and artists with the steering controls, and even displays the song title in the DIS - neither of which can be done on my connects2. I've had it about 7 months and i've been wanting to upgrade for ages to the dension.

my advice is go for the dension if you can afford it - its about £120. otherwise you are reduced to changing tracks via the ipod every time you pull up at a set of traffic lights, or leaving it on shuffle and hitting the 'next' button all day until you find something you like.