1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Returning member

clarky17 Mar 31, 2012

1. clarky17

clarky17 Registered User

I'm back after 3-4 years brought my self another 2006 a3 sline black with speed line 18" alloys amd xenon I'm a very happy boy got a few questions, I need pointing in the right direction to add iPhone play back and charging and also a decent remap last time I has an st3 and my turbo went shortly after luckily I had warranty, and lasty I've just looked under the bonnet and an oblong part underneath the coolant tank seems to be wet is this normal as I thought it was meant to be dry ? Not sure what the part is called

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. clarky17

clarky17 Registered User

I believe the part is the fuel filter

4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Welcome back to ASN. Have a read at the faqs section at the top of th page, lots of useful information in there. :)

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Welcome back, pic of offending item may help us to advise properly, as I cant find oblong part in my technical manual :p

As for iphone, depends if you wanna go cheap or best can get.

6. clarky17

clarky17 Registered User

Hi I want to go cheap on the iPhone front for now eventually I want the sat nav, the part I was talking about was the diesel filter

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It should be a cylindrical unit.

Save your money & do it properly as nothing will compare to the proper system.

8. clarky17

clarky17 Registered User

9. plezz

plezz Registered User

i went for the cheapest option - a connects2 adapter. it plays music but other than that its pants. if i'd paid an extra £50 i could have got a dension gateway 100 that lets me change albums and artists with the steering controls, and even displays the song title in the DIS - neither of which can be done on my connects2. I've had it about 7 months and i've been wanting to upgrade for ages to the dension.

my advice is go for the dension if you can afford it - its about £120. otherwise you are reduced to changing tracks via the ipod every time you pull up at a set of traffic lights, or leaving it on shuffle and hitting the 'next' button all day until you find something you like.