Retrofitting heated seats WITHOUT a Kufatec Loom

bentwenty

Reaction score
I have bought a rather nice set of half leather heated seats to replace replace the nasty cloth ones in my 3d 8P SE. I got them for the rather tasty price of £120 plus shipping! I have also got myself the relevant climate control unit with heated seats buttons.

In case you have bumped into my other threads, I'm not someone who likes to have someone else do something for me if I can possibly do it myself. I'm sure to some people that makes me a cheapskate and it also means I tend to bite off more than I can chew, and learn a lot along the way.

In this case, I want to get away without buying the £66.50 Kuftec loom and make it myself.

I have access to a good number of electrical supplies including pins for connectors through work ;) as I am an electronic engineer, so I should be able to fiddle my way into the existing connectors.

My issue is I need a wiring diagram to work from. My Haynes manual is not comprehensive enough :(
I anticipate I will have to make connections to the seats, the fusebox and the climate control, some of them high current, but I need to know how and where.

I'm sure what I'm doing is possible, but it's a question of weather or not I can get my eyeballs on the relevant information.

Many thanks in advance, with any luck this may serve as a how-to in the future, I will be taking plenty of pics!.

The cost of the connectors/pins & time to build the loom, its not worth it tbh for the sake of £65, just buy the loom & trust me you wont be sorry.

Reactions: bentwenty
The cost of the connectors/pins & time to build the loom, its not worth it tbh for the sake of £65, just buy the loom & trust me you wont be sorry.
I had a feeling that may have been the answer :/
I think I will probably do that. Do the Kufatec kits come plug and play?

Sorry to bring this up again...
I have the Kufatec loom and will be doing the install today. However, the wiring instructions they sent bear no relation to what is on the aircon end of the loom.
The instructions:
0763d3a1f3b64013898128cb1eb3a163.jpg

The pins for the aircon:
58aa25d2a073f0aefce6679f42df3e04.jpg

I have worked out that the longer end of the loom is the passenger side, and the separate red wire goes to fuse box +VE. There is also a spade connector for the GRND.

But the rest are unclear as there are no idents or colours. I can ring them out to the seat connectors, but I need to know what goes where...
Cheers!
(Y)

Anyone? I've got the seats fitted and the loom under the floor and connected to the seats, the fusebox and ground.
I now have five grey wires at the climate control end. They are connected to:

Passenger/driver side pin 1 (connected together)
Passenger side pin 2
Passenger side pin 3
Driver side pin 2
Driver side pin 3

I know from the supplied instruction that they need to go to:

Conn d pin 2
Conn c pin 10
Conn c pin 9
Conn d pin 5
Conn d pin 6

Any information would be great!
Many thanks!

ok fine il help!
you first have your wires wrong, you wrote that the pins joined together are pins 1 but its actually pin 4.

so here is how it should be:

drivers side climate control
pin 1 d5
pin 3 c10
pin 4 d2

passenger side climate control
pin 1 d6
pin 3 c9
pin 4 d2

Awesome! I was just getting to that point myself with the Dropbox file :) I'll ring out pi one again and check, I hope there isn't an error in the loom :/
ab6728da17f1738a4d6479b3b5602cb9.jpg

Very odd, pin 4 is blank on both the seat connector and the loom connector.
8ded37ba17a4ea30ab1652c510334ad6.jpg

pin 1 is certainly common between the two.
f39eba5164471cd10fbb01762f59e2cc.jpg

a0ea1992b0d38dd9e22637cc46291cce.jpg

c8e3eeb5dec71d310e2e748b2931ad22.jpg

cf219e12e8eb1112cf0f69a5b39cfe8c.jpg

I sincerely apologise if it feels like I'm jerking you around! I really do appreciate your help! I just a bit baffled...

According to the Dropbox file it goes:
Pass/driv pin 1 - climate con d pin 2
Pass pin 2 - climate con c pin 10
Pass pin 3 - climate con d pin 5

Driv pin 2 - climate con c pin 9
Driv pin 3 - climate con d pin 6

Going to go and try it now :)
Cheers :)

All wired in using the above pin out, everything works as it should, they get lovely and hot and the control works. The girlfriend loves them!
I had an error for both sensors, but it cleared and hasn't come back.
Thank you so much for your help! Wouldn't have been possible without you! I owe you some beer tokens ;)

Reactions: xpoweruk and Ash187
Hey thats wicked news! sorry i was driving for the last couple hours so didn't see the updates. glad you got it sorted.
beer tokens are always welcome!

I know I'm chuffed! In all seriousness, I'll be around at the big shows this summer, so if your ever there with ASN, its on me! ;)

Reactions: a31.6sport
I know I'm chuffed! In all seriousness, I'll be around at the big shows this summer, so if your ever there with ASN, its on me! ;)
Would you fancy retrofitting heated seats to my wife's a1?
Can't understand why the never came without them

Would you fancy retrofitting heated seats to my wife's a1?
Can't understand why the never came without them
Speak to Ash187 or NHN, they both do this for a living. Although I am an electronics engineer, I wouldn't do this level of messing about on anybodies car but my own ;)

I'm currently doing this are you saying the instructions from kufatec are wrong as all my wires are grey on the end that goes into control unit

I'm currently doing this are you saying the instructions from kufatec are wrong as all my wires are grey on the end that goes into control unit
If you have all grey wires then yes. The instructions they sent me referred only to coloured wires.
I got it working using the following pinout:
Pass/driv pin 1 - climate con d pin 2
Pass pin 2 - climate con c pin 10
Pass pin 3 - climate con d pin 5

Driv pin 2 - climate con c pin 9
Driv pin 3 - climate con d pin 6

(Driv = Connector on drivers seat, Pass = connector on passenger seat).

All the other information (with regard to power and ground wires) Is correct on the Kufatec instructions.

Hmmm ok on the grey wires there are numbers but how dos you identify them
They way kufatec said is the bunper on wire refers to the pun
Red/ White

– Steady plus - Fusebox
Wires (Gray) on the opposite needs to be connect to the climate control Connector D PIN 13, 14

Manual wiring heated seats Audi A3 8P Please disconnect the battery before starting installation.

Please wire the loom starting from the seats to the following connections: Wire configuration:

Brown
White
Blue/ Yellow
Blue/ Red
Gray with Yellow mark (tull) – climate control connector D, PIN 5 Gray with Red mark (tull) – climate control connector D, PIN 6 NOTE: for looms with lordose – Gray wire – Steady plus (Fuse box)

– Ground point A-coloumn
– climate control connector D PIN 2 (if taken connecting by soldering) – climate control connector C , PIN 10
– climate control connector C, PIN 9
so as you can see it says pin 10 and there is a wire with 10 on if you get me

How did you identify them to go where and are the pins Easy to come out once the in to swap around

Hmmm ok on the grey wires there are numbers but how dos you identify them
They way kufatec said is the bunper on wire refers to the pun
Red/ White

– Steady plus - Fusebox
Wires (Gray) on the opposite needs to be connect to the climate control Connector D PIN 13, 14

Manual wiring heated seats Audi A3 8P Please disconnect the battery before starting installation.

Please wire the loom starting from the seats to the following connections: Wire configuration:

Brown
White
Blue/ Yellow
Blue/ Red
Gray with Yellow mark (tull) – climate control connector D, PIN 5 Gray with Red mark (tull) – climate control connector D, PIN 6 NOTE: for looms with lordose – Gray wire – Steady plus (Fuse box)

– Ground point A-coloumn
– climate control connector D PIN 2 (if taken connecting by soldering) – climate control connector C , PIN 10
– climate control connector C, PIN 9
so as you can see it says pin 10 and there is a wire with 10 on if you get me

The numbers on them only denote the type of wire used (number of strands and diameter of the strands).
You will need to use a multimeter on the continuity (or resistance) setting to find out which grey wire goes to what pin on the seat connectors.
To start you off, I know that there are two thin grey wires in one pin, they go to pin 1 on both the passenger and driver seat connector, grey wire needs to go to Connector D pin 2 on the climate control. And so on...

Hmmm ok I've had kufatec on the phone and they where telling me the numbers on the wires relate to the PIN numbers to connect to and the one that as you said is connected together connect s to d plug pin 2 if there is a wire present solder it so this is where I'm getting
Confused

Sorry for the predictive text lol they said if d plug pin2 is present connect the grey wires that are also connected together to it each wire says something t15 and then a number 10.9.5.6 and so on 13 and 14 had labels attached so they where Easy identified

Hmmm ok I've had kufatec kn the phone and they where telling me the numbers on the wires relate to the PIN numbers to connect to and the one that as you said is connected together connect s to d plug if there is a wire present solder it so this is whee in getting
Confused
I emailed them and got the same reply. Perhaps your loom is different, but on the one I was sent, all the wires that were the same diameter had the same number on them. I had to use the method described to get it to work.
The wiring diagram I came up with works perfectly with no fault codes and full functionality on my car.

I emailed them and got the same reply. Perhaps your loom is different, but on the one I was sent, all the wires that were the same diameter had the same number on them. I had to use the method described to get it to work.
The wiring diagram I came up with works perfectly with no fault codes and full functionality on my car.

Ok mate maybe they revised it the problem
I'm having is the seats just go hot and I have no control so I'm going to check again I've actually got original heated seat unit plugs that I got with the seats and the unit so I can hopefully cross reference hopefully lol

If anyone need s a unit with heated seats I ave one for sale as I've bought 2 just in case but there both fine and only need one

So over the last few days I attempted to fit the kufatec heated seat loom.
All I can say is what a complete and utter ball ache!

The instructions given aren't even right for a RHD car!

Much appreciated for the loom information given above! Saved me a lot of time identifying the wires I needed to swap.

If getting it in place wasn't hard enough, mine also needed the loom splicing, as well as swapping over controls so they controlled the right seats!

You need to remove a lot of stuff to route it correctly...

Got there in the end though!

Joe

So over the last few days I attempted to fit the kufatec heated seat loom.
All I can say is what a complete and utter ball ache!

The instructions given aren't even right for a RHD car!

Much appreciated for the loom information given above! Saved me a lot of time identifying the wires I needed to swap.

If getting it in place wasn't hard enough, mine also needed the loom splicing, as well as swapping over controls so they controlled the right seats!

You need to remove a lot of stuff to route it correctly...

Got there in the end though!

Joe

Good, I'm glad you got it sorted and I was able to help! it really is a ballache! For the money you pay Kufatec for the loom, I would at least expect the supplied diagram to be correct, and for the customer service to be reasonable!
But they have cornered the market, and don't seem to care if you have a problem!
I'm about to go through all this again fitting head seats to my A6 now lol.

I would love to do this to my audi a6 4f 2008 sline. Am j guessing the loo. Cable and seat pads or new seats with heating is all I need to retrofit and obviously a new climate control unit with the buttons.. No other additional wireing needed

Does anyone have the diagram to the control Unit still. Its not supplied and the link doesnt work, and perhaps an english version of the Kufatech manual. they sent me a german copy :/