Retrofitting footwell lights?

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So I've purchased a full set of door warning lights and footwell lights from eBay, the wiring of the puddle lights is fine, found a few guides.

The problem I have is the footwell lights, there's no sordid guides for the a4 b6/b7, found one or two for the 8p a3 but they are totally different to the a4.

So anyone have a good guide to use? I have the full loom, just need to know where to put the pin to take the + feed for the loom?

I took a feed off the central ceiling door open light to all four footwell locations.

So they all come on at the same time when a door opens?

if you take a feed from the central light then yes all 4 would come on when ever any dorr is opened.
factory fit only the footwell light for the corresponding door comes on.

So how would I get the corresponding footwell light to come in when the doors open? Think that would look better.

Wiring them individually to the door switch might work. I've done this to a previous car but I'm new to Audi so this is just a suggestion. It might not be so simple.

No it's not that simple, B6's don't have door switches to speak of, it's a micro switch built into the lock if I remember correctly.

So easier to just wore them all into the interior lights then.

On my cab, if I open drivers door, the foot well lights all turn on, except the passenger one. If I open passenger, all turn on except the drivers. I know it's cos it is 2 door, but just thought I would give that info.

Poor images attached.

IMG 20160805 212720
IMG 20160805 212734

Argh sod it, I'll just wore it into the interior light, will be easier.

Anyone know where the feed is located the interior lights?