Facelift Retrofitting folding mirrors

A3simon

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if the below will fit the 2018 S3 as the listing says 2013 to 16

4415ea89fdd5f7d3f754ffc8dcf7b566.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 - 2016 sounds like pre facelift. I wouldn’t have thought the mirro fitting would change, but it’s a risk I suppose.

It fits...they didn't change the mirror mounting on a facelift. Make sure that you get the right mirrors.....limo only fits limo etc.

Before i retrofitted both sides dimming mirrors, i had a prefacelift set as temporary mirrors.

If you have side assist, then you need to switch/cross the two side assist wires in of the side assist Led. Because facelift is different.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

this is one thing i miss on my 2014 saloon. Cant believe it wasnt standard fitted. is it just a case of switching them or does it need programing

Reactions: RS3 S.
As above should be standard on an expensive car. My RS3 has over 10 grand's worth of options when priced up with the brochure but no power folding mirrors!!!!.

Got them fitted and working from the switch but does anyone know the code to get them folding on lock using vcds. The option isn’t in the mmi

Got them fitted and working from the switch but does anyone know the code to get them folding on lock using vcds. The option isn’t in the mmi

Sent you a pm

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Managed to get a set of genuine carbon covers also for £110 so spent today fitting them and the folding mirrors.

Big thanks to RJ-8V for the coding help.

IMG 0715

Reactions: Dannymoto, Tom.H and RJ-8V