Retrofitting DRL to Bi Xenon.

i wana rs6

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

So in New Zealand our cars have bi-xenon but no DRL.
I've got the bulb holders but now need to wire them in.

Does anyone know the wiring layout for the 14 pin connectors that I have?

Alternatively if you have bi-xenon and DRL could you PM you chassis number, as my dealer said he will look up the diagram if I can find him a car that already has them fitted.

Thanks guys.

Don't know? What headlights do you have?

I retro fitted some morimoto projectors to my halogen lights, and wired them so that I can use the h7 holder for DRL and bought some h7 DRL bulbs as obviously halogen h7 DRL will be like driving with full beam :)

Mine are wired up like oem, but you can split it so that h7 halogen comes on same time as bixenon shutter but I didn't like that so I went oem style route

I've got some retro fit projectors in the halogens like you at the moment but a set of OEM Xenons have come up at a good price and it will be these I don't want the DRLs in.

you'd need to find a bulb adapter first of all. But tbh I'd just code out DRL and not try fit another h7 bulb for full beam. I'd keep my morimotos though over oem bi xenons

Reactions: t8ups
Already have a H7 holder in mine....

2016 05 18 204718

I'd rather have the extra light over the DRL's....but that's all down to personal choice.

Already have a H7 holder in mine....

View attachment 91571

I'd rather have the extra light over the DRL's....but that's all down to personal choice.

yes but thats on your halogen lights. The socket on the bi-xenons is not H7. You would need to find a 7506LL to H7 adapter for the reflector bowl.

This is the reason why I run H7 DRL and not an oem 7506LL DRL as the bulb holder on the reflector bowl cannot be replaced.

Thanks BennyG.
I have 14 pin plug. Cant find any info on it from my googling.
I have some empty holes in the plug and wondering which to use.
Wanting the DRL to be on even when lights aren't.

Can you attach a picture of the plug so I can see which pins are being used currently?

@i wana rs6 here's the connections you need:

Pin 7, br, br, Ground for Beams Switch-Over Solenoid, DRL, parking and turn lamps

Pin 12, ws/sw, ws/ge, DRL lamp

ws - white
sw - black
br -broun
ge - yellow