Retrofitting cruise control

abdul642

Reaction score
Hi all

I don't suppose there's anyone around beds,Herts and bucks area that can help me install my cruise control into the car?

I've got all the parts I'm just hopeless and DIY, don't mind paying a reasonable amount.

Cheers
Abdul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At DIY*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to crash someone elses thread but i would like mine done as well, could someone give me an idea of the cost to supply and fit?

Did one just yesterday on a b7. Send me a pm if you want it done. I'm based in Uxbridge, west London
Hi mate, just brougt a new CC stalk and theres a wire in the box with it, is this just for an A6 and not needed for a A4 B7, thank you

No the cable isn't needed on the A4
Thanks Ash, ive decided to do a DIS stalk while ive got it all off, apparently that does need a wire to stop the washer low indicator coming on, do you have any idea on where it connects? Ive heard pin 1 behind cluster but that means little to me. thanks again

goes from pin 1 of the instrument cluster to pin 1 of the washer fluid sensor.
Oh, ok. i dont have a washer low indicator so im going to earth the wire, does this mean i have to take the dash out and take the instrument cluster out, howdo i knowwhat pin 1 is, thanks ash

Hi Ash, idont have a washer low level indicator, so do i take the existing wire out of pin
1 and leave it out then connect my wire and earth it,or do i connect to the wire leaving it in the pug and then go to earth with it. Thanks for you help

Thanks for the help guys, DIS and cruise fitted, it takes some doing if you havnt done it before and if you have vcds get some one to guide you through as theres a lot to re-set and code