Retrofitting coming home lights uptodate information

imy2k

VCDS Map User
Reaction score

Alittle late yes but i tried the coming light mod by earthing pin 12 from block E . Set everything up on VCDs and no luck just a fault coming concerning the light sensor . Am i out dated and does my car this sensor in order too make the function work? My car is a 2004 A3 thanks all :)

Hmm weird I have this function installed, did the same no problem. I don't even have a light sensor. Have you done a search for the guide? There is a lad who put a guide up and was spot on with the instructions.

Reactions: mozza1202
Can you code this without installing the repair wire first?

This should tell you if the code is accepted.

No need to ground the wire. As Andy has said, tap the end of wire to activate and deactivate. When not in use, use some electrical tape to wrap around the exposed wire to ensure it does not accidentally swith it off.

I always just code the car first then put in the wire and tap on a grounding point to activate, once done I remove the wire

Ah so are you saying the wire only needs grounding once to turn it 'on'. And then you tap it on ground again to turn it off?

So in theory, if I coded, tapped ground, I could then leave it turned on forever more?

Hi there so i am trying to do this as well but can't find the wiring diagram and idk which pin is number 12 can some help me please thank you much appreciated

Alittle late yes but i tried the coming light mod by earthing pin 12 from block E . Set everything up on VCDs and no luck just a fault coming concerning the light sensor . Am i out dated and does my car this sensor in order too make the function work? My car is a 2004 A3 thanks all :)
How do u find pin 12 thts my only problem plz help